Top Shelf Aquatics

Steely185's rimless 75 edge

steely185

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The naoko was released yesterday and had been in hiding. This morning around 7 am I captured a few shots of him out. Be warned of the poor photo quality (dark tank, flash, and it's a phone pic).

3f699fd1-2.jpg

d3ed4c4e.jpg

b6f1e4f2.jpg

73e9b638.jpg

Probably should but never have really qt'd. I kept in a breeders box to acclimate to the other tank mates for a few days before releasing him. Didn't seem to matter. He's hiding like the potters wrasse. I may set up my old 20 to move the Christmas wrasse for a couple weeks. I'll see if that gets them out more and then either reintroduce the Xmas wrasse or sell him.

Nice video. Sorry to hear about your Potter's wrasse btw. I actually just ordered one and it should be arriving today. Also added a McCoskers.

Are you going to try another Potter's when you get rid of that X-mas wrasse? I'm finding that my two blue chromis are pigs and bullies. I might take them out as they sometimes chase my McCosker's so I know how you feel about fish not getting along.

I don't plan on adding another one at this point. Not sure what if anything I will add to the tank. I don't plan on removing the christmas wrasse now either. He was aggressive towards the naoko for a week and then just stopped out of nowhere. The naoko has been out ever since. He stopped the same day I brought a fish trap home from the store and hasn't started again. I love the the naoko. He's out in the water column more than any other fish.

I did some remodeling this weekend and removed some rock from the right side. The naoko hasn't been out since. No reason to believe he jumped or hid in any of the rocks because I checked multiple times. I have a feeling he is hiding on the left side of the tank.

The maroons have laid eggs again, in the same spot on the overflow. It is becoming pretty regular now.

I finally got a chance to see my copperband eating yesterday as well. I watched him eat several pieces of mysis. I also think he has been working on smaller aptasia. A good portion of the rocks I removed were the older aptasia covered rocks so hopefully he will take care of the rest.

Thanks. The female is pretty big ~5 inches and around 5 years of age. In hindsight I wouldn't have got the clowns (messy with sand and newer interests) but I would never get rid of them. I've got too much of a fondness for them.

The naoko is beautiful now if I could only find him. I check around the tank several times and outside the tank/sump with no luck. I think he may be hiding out for a while until he adjusts to the move of all the rock. It still needs work but I'm more concerned with him coming out at this point. No sign of him since Sunday morning.

Still no sign of the naoko.

I adjusted a few rocks again yesterday and mounted some more corals. I'm pretty pleased with the rock structure. I may add a small (emphasis on small) shelf rock structure in the center sand between the two islands. This will be for some encrusting montis and a few other frags that need homes.

I will try and snag some pics later when everything gets it's colors up a little bit. I broke a few colonies and left some stuff out of water for a bit so the colors are a bit stressed looking. I've done this plenty before so it should just take a bit of time to get it's color back up to par.

Clown eggs are no more. It seems the parents have eaten the hatchlings (I could make out eyes) or eggs yesterday. No worries because I'm sure many more are to follow.

This is a gorgeous tank, I currently have a 150 gallon and I'm thinking about downsizing to something like this but I don't know wether I should take the plunge or not.

You are running a Reef Octopus 1000INT right? I have the ability to get one locally at a good price. What do you think of it? I want to replace my SWC 160.

This is a gorgeous tank, I currently have a 150 gallon and I'm thinking about downsizing to something like this but I don't know wether I should take the plunge or not.

Thanks. I love this tank and it's nice having to not reach quite so far to move things around. 75's are a nice size tank to have. They give you a pretty good amount of space but aren't huge.

SoCal I do have that skimmer but I'm using a nw110 on this tank. I plan on selling my 1000int after having the pump fixed. The impeller, cracked, rusted and was swollen in the pump causing it to lock up. It's under a 3 year warranty so I just need to send it off to coralvue to be fixed or replaced. They are a good skimmer but very sensitive to water level. It takes some work to hit the right spot with this skimmer and they can be a little loud at times (could have been the pump though).

Still no sign of the naoko as of last night. I'm hoping he is just extremely well hidden and not trapped in one rock that I moved on it's side. I know at least one fish used to sleep in that rock and I have accounted for him. I checked every opening three times on the rocks I moved to the sump and he wasn't there.

May do a little more work on the tank on sat. Looking forward to black friday to see what deals the LFS has like every year.

Archived