IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2423.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

IMG_2403.jpg

IMG_2399.jpg

IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2394.jpg

IMG_2402.jpg

Forgot to add that I picked up a ~6" fiji leather today.

I went ahead and mounted my Hulk tort today. It's been growing well lately so I gave a nice spot to grow and get more flow. The Fiji leather looks great. So nice and yellow. I'm finally getting some great colors going now. I'm really happy with the tank for the first time in a really long time. Looking good. The current scape is slightly different than the pics which were taken a few minutes after I turned the lights on this morning. I will try and get an updated shot soon.

I was a fan of your other tank's, and this is is just as amazing. Not sure How I missed this thread but awesome job man!

Thanks. I really appreciate that.

This one has not taken off like the others by my own doing. The rocks and coral placement are only temporary. I don't have my new calcium reactor running or my biopellet reactor yet. Trying not to do much with it until we get our housing situation worked out. Just waiting to hear if we got a house we've been in negotiations on and then moving. I don't want to do much that's permanent until it's moved. It's been hard not adding some fish.

You ever look into the stand at the bottom of the overflow with a flash light?The detrius really collects at the bottom.I siphon mine out every other week.Tank is looking great BTW.

I've seen some of what collects down there but I haven't really done much cleaning in there. I actually store my heater and probes in my overflow so I'm not crazy about dropping the water level in there too much.

Hopefully I can snap some new pics today after work. I think with the little work I did yesterday it makes it look a little less jumbled and thrown together.

i just now got my 250w reeflux 20k installed on my tank this weekend. you aren't kidding about them being white. i'm going to give it some time to burn in, but i'm already regretting not just taking the coralvue 20k (or radium).

phi delt reefer
I've seen some of what collects down there but I haven't really done much cleaning in there. I actually store my heater and probes in my overflow so I'm not crazy about dropping the water level in there too much.

Hopefully I can snap some new pics today after work. I think with the little work I did yesterday it makes it look a little less jumbled and thrown together.

may want to keep that heater in your sump in case it blows. That way you just lose the sump and not your tank ;)

They took a little while to burn in but stayed white. The colors popped more once burned in but visually the light was more white. They aren't really a 20k though labeled one and are used more in aquaculture operations, good for growth but bad for looks. I got a lot of comments about how bright they are in the room with the tank being an open top. I don't get that at all now with the radiums and the colors are perfect for me. No need for actinic supplementation. I've always heard the radiums look better mogul than double ended but can't speak from experience. I just know that mogul being run on ice caps looks great.

I will probably move the heater down to the sump once I move. I will have to set up everything at that time and I'm not too worried about it in the meantime since I'm not using a stealth heater. It's a heater I've used for a while now so it's been pretty reliable. Not to mention the controller keeps it off most of the time.

Your tank is looking great. Just imagine when it's grow in. Especially when those tabling acros grow even further out.

That's my favorite damsel fish. The leather looks great...I've always liked those neon colored ones.

Any updates on the house with this thing? Do you dread moving it again or do you think it will be easier than the last transfer debacle.

Thanks. The damsel used to be a pain but the sixline keeps it busy and has straightened it out. I'm super happy with the leather and it has looked great. It loves the vortech and keeps polyps out all the time during the day. It was either the leather or a christmas wrasse but I figured I would save myself from having to move a fish that has a tendency to jump. I'll get one just not until everything is moved and settled.

Waiting to hear back on the house, hopefully something today. The home we bid on went to short sale a couple days after our bid. We were assured that no other offers would be considered so we were the only ones with a shot at it. That was 7 or 8 weeks ago (A payment had to be missed to make it short sale, papers filed, housed assessed, etc...). It's been a pain in the a** but they say we are supposed to have some answers this week.

I do dread moving the tank but it's only one tank to move. It will be the last thing moved. I don't expect a crash since it's just a move and not a move up. Everything will get moved so I expect it to go well.

Short sales are great but like you said...they take forever. My best friend is a real estate agent and I have heard a lot of amazing deals getting short sales (I'm looking to move myself in January).

Best of luck....hope you get the house.

• 4 weeks later...

Tank is due for an update. I lost my purple cap, most of it anyway for some unknown reason (not monti nudis). The rest of the tank is doing great and I'm getting some great growth with the radiums.

I've got some time off on Wednesday so I will get some nice new pics and update then.

Also may add a christmas wrasse and potters wrasse real soon.

No update on a house. Walked away from the other one and we are still looking for a house. (fun......)

VannReefer87

DId your frogspawn happen to sting it with sweepers during the night....just a thought as I see they're somewhat close in proximity.

Definitely not the frogspawn bothering it. I broke it into several pieces and placed in different parts of the tank after a dip. All the pieces of it are dying off while other items that were dipped are doing fine and looking great. Not sure but not that concerned as caps are easy to replace.

Thanks.

Just a few updated shots. FTS didn't come out as good as I would have liked.

IMG_2480.jpg

IMG_2479.jpg

Bird of paradise recovering nicely and growing quickly

IMG_2477.jpg

hulk tort looking great as always

IMG_2476.jpg

IMG_2475.jpg

IMG_2474.jpg

IMG_2473.jpg

IMG_2472.jpg

After having my wxm module for my apex for a year I finally decided to set it up. I'm running an mp10 and mp40 with it. These are the different settings for it through out the day.

Fallback Lagoon1

Set Lagoon1

If Time 08:01 to 11:00 Then Lagoon1

If Time 11:01 to 14:00 Then Lagoon2

If Time 14:01 to 16:00 Then RfCrst-1

If Time 16:01 to 18:00 Then Pulse1

If Time 18:01 to 20:00 Then Pulse2

If Time 20:01 to 22:00 Then Lagoon1

If Time 22:01 to 08:00 Then constant

If FeedA 000 Then OFF

Each setting is the following:

Lagoon1 50%