ReefCleaners.org

Steely185's rimless 75 edge

steely185

I still have two rocks with corals on them that have to be moved back in the tank. I may still work it where I have a few pieces of rock branching towards the center a bit more. There is a ton of good swimming room for fish and lots of open sand bed. It will be great for wrasses and a tang or two.

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tang or two

or more.

Sort of kidding...if you stayed small enough with them.

I can't wait to see this thing full of active wrasses!

I need to fix a leak on the pump return line tonight. It should be easy since it's not near the bulkhead. I will cut the PVC and cement it to a new fitting.

I took out the koralia powerhead and replaced it with an mp10. The mp10 is louder but the flownis pretty good for this tank. I need to move the fish over in a few days since the 40 is sold now. They should love all the swimming room in this one.

Parameters are all checking out. I will have Atlantis confirm it this weekend and hopefully can start moving some corals back home. I will have to quarantine and treat before adding to the display since some pests decided to hit me during this whole time. Steps closer to getting back and running fully again.

Cleaned up plumbing, excuse the wires. I still have more equipment to set up.

522e6a1d.jpg

e49efd05.jpg

The new plumbing worked like a charm. No leaks and handles full throttle.

I need to play with the mp40 because right now the mp10 is making bigger waves and is more adjustable. I'm getting better flow from the mp10.

I might move the fish over tonight. I need to have the 40 empty by the weekend when it is officially sold.

Great man...can't wait for more pictures.

I'm picking up a 75g on Thursday myself...but it's just going to be a FOWLR.

Cool. What do you have in mind for fish?

I need to drop the skimmer down a bit tonight to get better adjustability with it. I picked up some PVC elbows so I'm going to modify the skimmer stand.

I also need to get an update on my clam since it was having some problems at it's temporary home.

Just got word that my $200 green and black maxima is detaching from it's shell (aka dead) at it's temporary home. I'm going to have my water tested at the lfs to confirm my test last night. If all checks out I will move my clams and most LPS home tonight. I will leave the SPS so I can treat them for redbugs this weekend before moving them in the 75.

That damn 150 really cursed me.

Water tests are good so the rest of my clams and most of my lps minus my acans are coming home tonight.

Gosh man sorry to hear that.

Just try and swallow it I guess...sure sounds like a bitter pill though.

This tank is going to be awesome though...you have a lot more you can pull off this way I think. Pictures!

I'll try and snag some pics tonight. All the LPS outside of the acans are home and so are the rest of the clams. It's a bummer about the clam but pacific east will always have more like they do now.

I got a chance to see most of my SPS which look pretty rough but should recover. Ive lost my pearlberry, pink lemonade, and most of my prostrata colony. Looks like my contest winnings might replenish some lost corals.

The LPS all look good. My babys breath favia has grown a bit and I need to attach it to a rock since it has run out of plug to grow on now. This will look good when I'm done.

Yeah. Not much I can do about it so no reason to stress over it. The other clams looked good last night in my tank. I'll pick up another clam sometime just not a pricey one soon. Got to focus on finding a house to buy so I don't plan on anymore big purchases for a while.

The tank is looking good and that sand is pristine white. My lobos that I thought might be toast are looking great. Looking forward to seeing everything tonight after the lights have been on a while.

It should be fine. A single mp10 is rated up to a 50 gallon tank according to echotech. If you look in that video link I have posted you can see the movement of the torch coral. That is mostly coming from the mp10. If you use a sump and a return pump then it will add additional flow to the tank as well.

I should be moving fish over tonight.

CBernhardt23
It should be fine. A single mp10 is rated up to a 50 gallon tank according to echotech. If you look in that video link I have posted you can see the movement of the torch coral. That is mostly coming from the mp10. If you use a sump and a return pump then it will add additional flow to the tank as well.

I should be moving fish over tonight.

Yeah I was thinking that, 1 mp10 can do a 36 inch breeder tank by itself, why wouldn't 2 mp10's facing each other do the trick on a 75 gallon.

I need to fix a leak on the pump return line tonight. It should be easy since it's not near the bulkhead. I will cut the PVC and cement it to a new fitting.

scape looks great so far.

you didn't ask for opinions on this, but i'm a bit concerned about your drain line routing. why the "dip" down prior to the filter sock? it looks like detritus/etc. is going to get caught there and never make it to the filter sock. even if that doesn't cause a clog (it might), seems like a nutrient sink you wouldn't want? thoughts?

It's only temporary. I just wanted to route water thru the sock to polish the water after initial transfer of sand. I don't plan on using the sock. If I use the sock i will hard plumb a line to go through the sock. Leaning towards not using one at all to reduce noise.

It's only temporary. I just wanted to route water thru the sock to polish the water after initial transfer of sand. I don't plan on using the sock. If I use the sock i will hard plumb a line to go through the sock. Leaning towards not using one at all to reduce noise.

right, the sock makes sense (i find that the sock reduces noise) -- but what i'm talking about is how the drain line dips down such that the water has to then fight gravity to travel back up the tube to drain (this is all before getting to the sock).

I know. It fights gravity and isn't how I would do it but for a temporary clean up of water I set it up that way. I don't plan on leaving it that way.

Archived