Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Steely185's rimless 75 edge

steely185

I know. It fights gravity and isn't how I would do it but for a temporary clean up of water I set it up that way. I don't plan on leaving it that way.

ah, gotcha.

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my fish are finally home in the new tank.

I need to work something out with the temps. The light kicks out some serious heat. I'm pretty sure that once the a/c is going it shouldn't be an issue. I still need to set up everything with the apex. The low iron glass really shows a difference. It is so nice and clear combined with the brighter light.

I did. Im going to raise the light and switch to a lower wattage heater. I'm also going to put the heater on the apex control. It should do the trick. The new ballasts shouldn't overdrive the bulbs so it may drop the heat a bit (doubt it).

The fish are loving the new tank and all the swimming room. The clowns are very interested in the torch coral.

I finally get to bring home my corals tomorrow. Some not so hot some look good. Looking forward to getting my acans home.

Builder Anthony

1.Take a good look at things before you add them maybe look at them threw a glass bowl by a light.Theres awalys something creeping around.I dont do dips but i do look at things under my led which is flipen bright!

2.Make sure you dont tumble any rocks into your glass.Have fun!

All the SPS will have been through at least two interceptor treatments in separate tanks before going in the display. I'm not too worried about them.

I got the ice cap ballasts yesterday and mounted them this morning. I need to cut the wire on the fixture and splice in the new connector. This should give me plenty of room for the calcium reactor, tank, and biopellet reactor. You can see the stock ballasts below the new ice caps.

6472dbe5.jpg

Pretty excited that the rest of my coral comes home today. I had about 24 different types of acan lords prior to the crash and I'm interested to see how many made it not to mention what they look like now.

All the corals are home. I lost 10 different acan lords including my largest colony but I still have a good variety and 14 of them. I need to treat the SPS with interceptor tomorrow and then I can move them in the tank. They have all been treated once already.

I ordered some male connectors for the ballasts so I should get the lights switched over soon. I will be able to spare the space at that point for the other equipment.

The tank is looking good with all the LPS and finding space for the SPS is going to be a challenge.

Your tank is looking good. I only suggest that you get that mirror out of there. It's distracting, especially since it's behind the tank itself. ;)

I'll let you tell the fiancé that one ;).

I never pay it any attention and I'll keep it out of the pictures. I was just snagging some quick pics with the phone. We are moving soon so in the next home wherever it may be, I won't have a mirror behind the tank.

I need to cleanup the scape a bit. I couldn't get my maxi mini to detach so I had to add his rock to the tank. I still need to move a ton of Sps over and a few branching pieces of rock. I'm debating on attaching any sps to the rocks until I move to avoid fragging and remounting them.

Still haven't done my second round of interceptor yet. Gonna do that tonight so I can get the sps back under light after none for two days.

Im going to swap out heaters on the tank to a lower wattage heater. If this doesn't drop the heat some then I will pick up a couple of azoo fans for the tank. The temps aren't drastic but I do want to keep them in check. No need for a chiller. The halides increase the temps but we aren't running any ac this time of year. Once we get to using the ac again the temps shouldn't be as bad.

Slowly getting stuff moved over. Pics taken just after halides came on so excuse some of the lps for not be inflated. SPS still to come.

IMG_2270.jpg

IMG_2269.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_2266.jpg

IMG_2272.jpg

IMG_2271.jpg

IMG_2273.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2275.jpg

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

IMG_2282.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

IMG_2285.jpg

IMG_2286.jpg

IMG_2287.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

hah, well she can feel free to smack me when we run into each other at the LFS one day. It's only a matter of time you know.

I'm really into your tank at the moment. I'm doing my sump and cabinet build out in the next week or so and this tank is a strong competitor, especially because of the price of it.

Thanks. I went with CaribSea Aragamax Oolitic Select Sand from marine depot. Its very clean looking.

I got all the sps moved over. Some look rough but it's definitely crowded. I need to remove one large rock from the right side and work some things out to fit some corals.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since an update. Ive been busy lately with searching for a new home. I've had some issues with my fixture lately.

The new ballasts fried the remote ignitors I didn't know anything about them being located in the fixture. While working on the fixture the uv glass shield shattered. The bulb socket broke some more and managed to kill a 3rd de bulb. Rather than waste more time and money on the fixture I figured I'll put some pendants on it and go that route. When I get the time I will order new de sockets from a company other than geiesemann. I will remove the ignitors and wire the electric directly to the sockets like 99% of the fixtures and retro kits out there. I may do a diy led retro with this fixture at some point but will run the pendants for now.

I borrowed a wavepoint t5 fixture from the local fish store to light the tank. Next week I will receive two lumenmax 2 pendants and two mogul 20k reeflux bulbs to run on the tank. I'm glad I didn't move the conduit to the ends of the tank now. They are in perfect position to run the two pendants.

Interesting side note to work today. I purchased a large rock covered in palythoa toxica for the Palytoxin work we are doing. Managed to bring home a Sally lightfoot, a hermit and two emerald crabs home as hitchhikers. Nice little bonus considering they may come home with me before long but for now others in the lab want to keep them as pets. It's nice to see the hobby catch the interests of those not currently in it.

Thanks. I haven't done much to the tank lately. My new lights should be in this week and so will the bulbs. The stock bulbs in the t5 fixture make my already bad looking SPS look worse. I've lost a few more over the past few weeks but with lighting issues I would have expected it. A couple pieces are coloring back up. This whole experience has definitely thinned me out on SPS. I just look forward to adding some type of stability to get things back where they were before upgrading.

It's been a while since an update. Ive been busy lately with searching for a new home. I've had some issues with my fixture lately.

The new ballasts fried the remote ignitors I didn't know anything about them being located in the fixture. While working on the fixture the uv glass shield shattered. The bulb socket broke some more and managed to kill a 3rd de bulb. Rather than waste more time and money on the fixture I figured I'll put some pendants on it and go that route. When I get the time I will order new de sockets from a company other than geiesemann. I will remove the ignitors and wire the electric directly to the sockets like 99% of the fixtures and retro kits out there. I may do a diy led retro with this fixture at some point but will run the pendants for now.

I borrowed a wavepoint t5 fixture from the local fish store to light the tank. Next week I will receive two lumenmax 2 pendants and two mogul 20k reeflux bulbs to run on the tank. I'm glad I didn't move the conduit to the ends of the tank now. They are in perfect position to run the two pendants.

i'll be looking forward to seeing how you like the 20k reeflux! i've been so busy that i still haven't been able to set up my new 250w fixture, so it'll be nice to at least see someone else using it even if i'm still not (ugh).

Archived