Top Shelf Aquatics

Imisky's Sticks and Colors Reef (Nov.12,2012 A years worth of growth)

imisky

Congrats on the mini darts imisky. Good luck as they are really tough to keep happy.They feed almost constantly but im sure with your expertise you can maintain them long term.

You're right are pretty tough, but I bought them knowing they are a challenge and if I didnt I know they would have died in the LFS. Its been 2 weeks now and I still have all 9 of them and talk about pigs. They are fed daily a least a good 12+ times and having a friend locally here thats helping me breed BBS for food is a plus.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're right are pretty tough, but I bought them knowing they are a challenge and if I didnt I know they would have died in the LFS. Its been 2 weeks now and I still have all 9 of them and talk about pigs. They are fed daily a least a good 12+ times and having a friend locally here thats helping me breed BBS for food is a plus.

Thats really awesome to hear i wish you the best with them... i would love to have a small group again but their diet was just too tough for me to keep up with.

Thats really awesome to hear i wish you the best with them... i would love to have a small group again but their diet was just too tough for me to keep up with.

They are definitely not fish that'll ever be able to take pellet food, or even "powered food". Ive noticed though that they cant really see anything bigger than BBS (or refuse to eat it), they'll take frozen BBS, but when i tried cyclopeeze, no luck, even mixing the two together resulted in my SPS eating all the cyclopeeze haha

You said the same thing twice :P

Not anymore :) dont know what happened but thanks for the heads up

Not anymore :) dont know what happened but thanks for the heads up

No Problem. I had similar results all i could get them to eat were BBS and occasionally rotifers.

No Problem. I had similar results all i could get them to eat were BBS and occasionally rotifers.

Its good to know you've had similar experiences. The best part about BBS is that after the initial hatch. They become capsules to hold in whatever algae they feed on. They'll readily take spirualina/phyto/ carotenoid filled algae for coloration. This is something Im going to try and test with. Though havent put into practice yet with these guys

Wow thats awesome...enriched baby brine shrimp. Let me know how that works out for you.

Just tried feeding the BBS with phyto and feeding, the BBS turned a slight tint of green after 45 mins of food. fish takes them no problem!

SouthFlorida_Tron

im keeping track, from 8000 views, to 80,000 in one week, watch! :) sooo jealous, i hope i get there eventually!!!! im happy for you, my sps keeping friend!

Haha I do sleep, but it's not bed time yet here in Australia. And I just happened to log on to see the top new post was the announcement thread, 2 minutes old. =0)

im keeping track, from 8000 views, to 80,000 in one week, watch! :) sooo jealous, i hope i get there eventually!!!! im happy for you, my sps keeping friend!

Tron didnt you get TOTM before? or was I dreaming.

Haha I do sleep, but it's not bed time yet here in Australia. And I just happened to log on to see the top new post was the announcement thread, 2 minutes old. =0)

Right, I must be too tired, forgot that there are other people around thats not from north america! :P perhaps I should be sleeping

SouthFlorida_Tron
Tron didnt you get TOTM before? or was I dreaming.

Right, I must be too tired, forgot that there are other people around thats not from north america! :P perhaps I should be sleeping

uh. no?..... thats a good one tho, so funny i forgot to laugh! :ninja:

uh. no?..... thats a good one tho, so funny i forgot to laugh! :ninja:

haha like I said must be too tired, but you'll get there Im 100% sure of it, you got a nice system going

Amazing tank, but I have Traci Damsels and when I saw your Talbots and they were also labeled Traci's I was mad because yours look so much better then mine and thought mine were ugly :lol: So looked into it and they are both diff species just FYI. You have "Chrysiptera talboti" and I have "Chrysiptera traceyi"

Amazing tank again and wish I knew about your damsels before hunting down mine, really pretty. Also Congrats on TOTM.

pics of dartfish!! :)

Pic will come soon! I've been fattening them up for the last 2 weeks.. I lost 2 for some unknown reason on the same day...which sucks but the 7 survivors are all doing well so far! fingers crossed!

Congrats, Imisky! It was only a matter of time before yours got picked.

Thanks Paleoreef! I wanted the tank to grow out a little bit more before anyone mentioned TOTM but I guess now we can all see how this tank will develop over the next few years as it fills in

Amazing tank, but I have Traci Damsels and when I saw your Talbots and they were also labeled Traci's I was mad because yours look so much better then mine and thought mine were ugly :lol: So looked into it and they are both diff species just FYI. You have "Chrysiptera talboti" and I have "Chrysiptera traceyi"

Amazing tank again and wish I knew about your damsels before hunting down mine, really pretty. Also Congrats on TOTM.

JNA, I love both of the "traceys damsels", I actually wanted to grab a couple of the chrsiptera traceyi but now that I know I have a breeding pair I wont be able to do that. Though both are very beautiful fish and definitely one of my favorites in the damsel family.

A "TOTM" well deserved, congrats imisky!

+1 totally agree its been a long time coming

Asureef, Rehype thanks! As nice as it is to own the tank, its also pretty nice knowing there are others who enjoy my work!

Archived