SaltCritters.com

Imisky's Sticks and Colors Reef (Nov.12,2012 A years worth of growth)

imisky

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
+1. Great tank imisky
That video was incredible dude. Great job.
Very nice tank!

to everyone above :happy: thanks for taking the time out of your day to view the video.

I forgot to mention that 2 weeks before the video I had changed over my carbon from 80proof vodka (40%) to 95% Ethanol. I havent quite found the sweet spot with this carbon source yet the corals are starting to become a little pale in color but so far it seems to work pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

got something interesting for you guys to look at today. so last night i came home looked into my tank and found it looking a little odd....all the SPS was closed and looked semi stressed....or so I thought but this is what i found.

enjoy.

thanks man, now hopefully it works as good as I hope it will.

REEFERBOY thanks!

I've all been a less is more person when it comes to LR, though I'm not sure what happens with the last scape haha. This gives the corals so much more space to grow!

So true ... I've been thinking about re-doing my scape, but I'm too lazy. :P

This is a beautiful tank, love what you've done so far. Great videos to!

That's really cool. great video!

thanks, its something I've never seen before. Ive seen stomatella spawn and its cloudy, Ive seen SPS spawn and it was release of eggs like the cowries... I also had another cowrie sit on a clutch of eggs for about 2 weeks without moving....I never knew they could do free floating spawning in the water column.

So true ... I've been thinking about re-doing my scape, but I'm too lazy. :P

This is a beautiful tank, love what you've done so far. Great videos to!

I think you should if you have time:) never beats getting really anxious over how a new scape is going to turn out. I love that feeling.

Luv colorful stix :ninja:

colorful sticks are awesome arent they.:)

• 3 weeks later...

woo its roughly been a month! Today I thought I would have some fun playing around with the camera while i was feeding my baby brine shrimps. Most of the people I talk to locally believe that SPS cant take BBS sized particles and though these photos dont actually show any BBS being taking in by the SPS I found them to be cool photos to share with everyone.

_MG_7631.jpg

_MG_7669.jpg

_MG_7670.jpg

wow incredible poylp extension..

ya, the PE on all the SPS becomes ridiculous when I put in the BBS. Its not instant but more like 5 minutes later.

Love the custom dimensions.

thanks! most people dont believe its a 26g when they see it. It makes the tank feel bigger then it actually is.

Builder Anthony

I been seacrhing for a gold ring cowrie for a long time and havent had any luck finding them.If you could get some i would pay for them.You might also want to shoot that video over to john at reef cleaqners.Alot of people have been tryen to get them to breed and from all the articles ive seen online noones really been succesful.I hope they do well if they hacth.Could you please sende a pm if you can get some because i might lose track of this aquarium link in all of nano reefs aquariums.

Cool video man!

man i been wanting to do a par 38 t5 combo but couldnt think of a way to hang it all. Thanks cause im so stealing your light fixture!

feel free to :) Its not the best looking fixture but it works extremely well for its purpose and If i ever decide I dont like the T5s its easy enough to remove!

Those macros are making me sticky :ninja:

haha, I didnt know photos could do that to someone ;)

Great macro shots. The SPS love your tank.

Also, it's late. Remind me what BBS is? :huh:

Thanks man, BBS=baby brine shrimp

My goodness, that's beautiful! When I get a bigger living space, I'm so going to enjoy a tang tank. I'm envious!

The tank is smaller than it seems :) most people see it think its a 40+ display when in reality its no where close. My whole system rather is roughly 40g (if i filled my sump all the way up to the rim)

baby brine shrimp

thanks for answering the questions for me ! Didnt know my one small post got so many replies.

On a more interesting note. my cowries seem to be spawning once every week now for the last 3 weeks. Lots of food for my SPS and feather dusters but I cant figure out why its doing that. Would be nice to know. As I'm typing this my SPS are getting a heck of a feeding out of the cowrie eggs then in a few hours they'll be getting some BBS to finish everything off. What a sunday meal for them haha. Here is another video of the spawning as I find it pretty cool, Its not edited and a raw footage. But just to give you guys an idea, all the white specks in the water column are eggs and only from 1 cowrie. The flow in the tank was off for the shot.

Cool video imisky....its funny you posted that because i had a similar thing happen to my tank not too long ago. For nearly a month straight every time i did a water change all of the bristleworms in my tank would began to spawn simultaneously it was pretty insane...but my corals enjoyed it.

Archived