inTank Media Baskets

Imisky's Sticks and Colors Reef (Nov.12,2012 A years worth of growth)

imisky

Congrats! Well deserved.

Thanks peacemaker!

Amazing tank, especially your light fixture, will be stalking :ninja:

Spencer feel free to stalk away :) no harm done by just stalking alone

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. just wow. Impressive tank-- and thread-- and videos-- and blog pics. I like the fact you are a designer! I'll keep following...

Makes me wish I spent more time w/ my tank build lol....could been drilled...shoulda drilled......to late now haha. Looks good

Congratulations! I shall be stalking too :ninja:

haha, to all that want to stalk me, stalk away! (does that sound weird?...ya...)

Wow. just wow. Impressive tank-- and thread-- and videos-- and blog pics. I like the fact you are a designer! I'll keep following...

Thanks chippwalters!

Makes me wish I spent more time w/ my tank build lol....could been drilled...shoulda drilled......to late now haha. Looks good

Deckoz, its never too late! Its alot of work to switch over but it'll be worth the time spent imo.

• 2 weeks later...

here's a little something for everyone.

Some of you may know I work in the industrial/product design industry. Which means I have access to quite a bit of tools that some of you guys might not be familiar with or have access to. Ive always been quite intrigued about the grid wheel that ATB came out with. So I thought it might be time to make something to test.

This is a maxi-jet grid wheel that I designed and 3D printed on my 3D printer. For now I'll leave you guys with this picture and more to come as I test it against a DIY bio-ball pin wheel. The grid wheel is 4 layers of cross hatch lines, following the stock maxi-jet impeller height. If space allows I'll increase the amount of layers on the grid to possibly 6+

_MG_8287.jpg

you should make a new updated youtube video of your reef tank since it's grown so tremendously, your last video was well filmed.

Thats one of the things on my todo list. Give me a few weeks and I'll have one up and ready for viewing :happy:

Pics of dartfish.................? :tears:

How are the mini darts doing? What are you going to test the Grid wheel out on?

I didnt mean to forget you guys! I'll get some photos of the dartfish sometime tonight. They are doing great. I talked to the store that got them in, and Im trying to get them to bring to 30-40 of them for my 30g fingers crossed that they can do it.

Im going to test the Grid wheel out on a DIY skimmer I built for the 5g nano. I want to see how the amount of air it'll draw vs a pinwheel made from a bioball

Heres photos of the dartfish for everyone.

I believe I have my first clutch of eggs of mini darts. One of the fish stays under a rock and I can clearly see eggs dangling from the rock with little heads. Ive always wondered why I am missing a fish when the lights come on, and now I know. Now I just have to figure out how to rear the youngs. phyto rotifers maybe? I'll have to try everything I have.

Grabbed some photos of a few fish in groups in feasting mode.

_MG_8291.jpg

_MG_8292.jpg

The darts looks awesome imisky..im really glad theyre working out for you. Hope you have success with the eggs.

I think I feel in love with these mini darts, they are just awesome fish, talk about a true schooling fish for nano tanks. Im trying to do some research on dartfish rearing....there is practically ZERO info out there for these guys. I cant imagine what the fry would eat....The adults take baby brine...so my guess is phyto and rotis but this is going to be tough

I think I feel in love with these mini darts, they are just awesome fish, talk about a true schooling fish for nano tanks. Im trying to do some research on dartfish rearing....there is practically ZERO info out there for these guys. I cant imagine what the fry would eat....The adults take baby brine...so my guess is phyto and rotis but this is going to be tough

I know how you feel theyre probably the only true schooling nano fish available in the hobby. Even red spot cardinalfish dont tend to school as much once theyre totally acclimated to their environment.

Best wishes on rearing those fry....id imagine they would need live phyto,zoo plankton,rotifers etc but your water would have to stay saturated with this stuff.

I know how you feel theyre probably the only true schooling nano fish available in the hobby. Even red spot cardinalfish dont tend to school as much once theyre totally acclimated to their environment.

Best wishes on rearing those fry....id imagine they would need live phyto,zoo plankton,rotifers etc but your water would have to stay saturated with this stuff.

Might have to figure a way to get the fry out, first they have to fight through skimmer and pump which is a guaranteed death for them.

I might take the trio out. It seems like 2 females have taken to 1 male. and might be both watching their eggs throughout the day as they disappear and reappear when i feed. That particular male stays usually in 1 place and doesnt stray too far from the spot unlike the others. Setup a breeding tank just for these guys and saturate that with food and a simply airstone skimmer.

Either that or its survival of the fittest, but that will almost guarantee 0% rearing chance

very cool darts.

:)They are pretty nice, hopefully I can get a school of 30 for this tank

Might have to figure a way to get the fry out, first they have to fight through skimmer and pump which is a guaranteed death for them.

I might take the trio out. It seems like 2 females have taken to 1 male. and might be both watching their eggs throughout the day as they disappear and reappear when i feed. That particular male stays usually in 1 place and doesnt stray too far from the spot unlike the others. Setup a breeding tank just for these guys and saturate that with food and a simply airstone skimmer.

Either that or its survival of the fittest, but that will almost guarantee 0% rearing chance

:)They are pretty nice, hopefully I can get a school of 30 for this tank

That would be awesome, how do they handle the flow? I know you have mostly sps and was wondering if you had to dial it down at all.

Pat

That would be awesome, how do they handle the flow? I know you have mostly sps and was wondering if you had to dial it down at all.

Pat

I put the dart fish in there own tank that is a 5g with an mp10. It's dialed way down on short pulse t create a small wave. Its set at about 20‰ flow and the fish do just fine. On this tank flow is set at 40-50 of mp40s and the fish swim fine. I think we don't give fish enough credit for being able to handle high flow rates. After all they came from the ocean with much harsher conditions.

Small update, I can now confirm that 2 of the dartfish have clutches they are now protecting. Pretty neat. The eggs from the first clutch now curls once in a while, a little weird but cool.

on another note, if any of you enjoy reading blogs, I've just made a new one thats now in my sig. some of you may know I got a little bit confused what I wanted to do with my blog. But now I think I found it. Its more than just about aquariums! It should be a fun side thing for me to do

Builder Anthony

seems everyones stuff is breeding right now.i had cerith eggs 2 days ago.some in aquaculture had neons and i think someone had shrimp

Very cool man

Im still trying to wrap my head around how to rear these mini dart fish. It would be awesome as I dont think these guys have been successfully reared in captivity yet.

seems everyones stuff is breeding right now.i had cerith eggs 2 days ago.some in aquaculture had neons and i think someone had shrimp

thats pretty interesting. though my cowries has been spawning for the last couple months. I think the tremendous amount of baby brines and the protein in them is what caused both my talbots to breed and the mini darts.

Archived