ReefCleaners.org

Imisky's Sticks and Colors Reef (Nov.12,2012 A years worth of growth)

imisky

Kfmmartin19
saying it isnt hard might be lying a little. Its one of those things that gets easier with more experience, the more tanks you build the more tricks you'll pick up. Eventually it becomes fairly straight forward.
i don't plan on doing it more than once, bud haha.

Maybe there's a local place that could make me something not that expensive...

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lmao, I hesitated a bit when I typed that. I see people on here have a great sense of humor :)

I have considerd going a bit bigger though, but in width not length

tumblr_mduqbwfw5d1rp67mx.png

man i want that reactor for carbon or gfo. wanna make me a real small one? serious :D

maybe at a later date once more of the bugs are hammered out with the current setup. All the drawings and etc will be available for you to bring it to a shop locally to make though :)

But if there is demand :) I might offer some DIY cuts for people to assemble it themselves

i don't plan on doing it more than once, bud haha. Maybe there's a local place that could make me something not that expensive...

check around, I find alot of time glass shops will be able to do that no problem. I got my first custom made 36x12x12 tank for only $100 CAD

Kfmmartin19
lmao, I hesitated a bit when I typed that. I see people on here have a great sense of humor :)

maybe at a later date once more of the bugs are hammered out with the current setup. All the drawings and etc will be available for you to bring it to a shop locally to make though :)

But if there is demand :) I might offer some DIY cuts for people to assemble it themselves

check around, I find alot of time glass shops will be able to do that no problem. I got my first custom made 36x12x12 tank for only $100 CAD

Nice. I think 36x16x16 would be perfect size for me and if I could get it for less than $200 I'd be really happy

You should be able to, but the more "features" you add to the custom tank the more expensive it'll become. If you can cut your own holes on the tank instead of having the other person do it it'll become cheaper.

Nice frag rack imisky ..

I ordered the Aquamaxx Nano star calcium reactor today. For the last month or so now I've been having to top off my tank with Kalkwasser to keep up with calcium/Alk consumption rate. So I'm going to go back into calcium reactors now, but will still use my 2 part on along side

Heres a 7 minute video of the tank as is without any cuts or anything. food that's floating around is PE Mysis.

That looks like a labouti! I'm a little jelly, it is one of the fish I am looking at for my new tank...

A lot of big fish in that tank, I don't hate, kinda like it

yup thats a labouti, pretty much the reason I got the mesh top. I've always had small fish in my tanks and wanted to try something different . Im still adjusting to it but I certainly can see why people like fish of this size after having them for a bit. They are quite different in the way they act compared to smaller schooling fish

Its here! The Aquamaxx nano star calcium reactor. Time to go and get the CO2 canister filled and I'll get this guy up and running ASAP. I havent really spent the time to carefully look over the build quality as well as how everything is routed but will take some time this weekend to do so. I'll let everyone know how it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Just fired up the reactor, everything seems good. Now its just dialing it in over the next few days.

• 4 months later...

So this tank has served me pretty well over the last few years, So I thought I would do a small upgrade to my dream tank and redo everything from scratch. The beginning is here, I'll leave everyone with these photos before starting a new thread for the new build. Hope you guys can follow along.

The tank will be the same 36" long, now be 14" tall, and 16" deep. The overflow will be now MUCH smaller and what I will most likely be doing is going with a standing wave in this tank to test it out. Panels are 10mm thick with starphire front panel.

I'll be reusing my stand, sump, equipment, the only thing that'll change is the tank.

9699465478_56e72b5f60.jpg
Pile of Glass by ECSuyu, on Flickr

9696231757_37f58120c6.jpg
Sheets of Glass by ECSuyu, on Flickr

Do an external overflow, pretty please.

Wont be able to do it unfortunately. Also had the glass drilled today as well so theres no going back!

Cool story.

:ninja:

you bet lol

Archived