Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Imisky's Sticks and Colors Reef (Nov.12,2012 A years worth of growth)

imisky

Better make that video man. Looking clean your tank.

I'll probably make it next weekend if time allows.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

argh, that was fast. The impeller of the vertex pump crapped out. The epoxy that holds the pinwheel to the magnet seperated. No skimmer running makes me a bit nervous but lets see how vertex deals with the situation

lol no. I've had my share of broken things from ecotech :)

edit: I think I've had issues with every skimmer I've owned, from the 2 Deltecs to this Vertex.

the local vertex reseller replaced the impeller. I also grabbed a spare at the same time JUST in case this was to ever happen again.

Wow. Those are awesome. Do you have the equipment for cutting those acrylics or did you send it out to be created.

BTW, the reactor reminds me a modified skimmer with alot of holes, like the aquac remora.

Thanks, In my company we have multiple 3D printers as well as laser cutter and other tools to make fun stuff with.

I have to put the reactor online still but should be fun to see how it'll work. The casing is there to remove the need of a intake filter. the slant is reduce stagnant pellets from forming into a clump. Im interested to see what it'll do. But now that you mention it, it does look like an remora skimmer.

ended up switching the pump to a MJ600, 1200 was just too much flow.

Edit:Theres going to be some modifications made to the build process as well as the cut lists so it'll be easier to put together.

Thanks guys, I think its near the time to upgrade to a new phone...for when I forget my camera at work. Im sure you guys would enjoy the videos much more when they arent blurry. :)

On another note, Im starting a project with a local friend of mine, It's called the Open Reef Projects, and what we are going to be doing is open sourcing our DIY reef projects to everyone. That includes this reactor, LED controllers that he is working on, frag racks and so on. Might even make some parts available online if demand is there but for now we are going to focus on documenting the projects and getting letting everyone have it.

Kfmmartin19

Dang I love this tank. U really do have an unusual assortment of fish. And apparently like getting fish that will outgrow your tank! haha

haha well whats the point in the hobby if you cant enjoy the fish. Even if at a later date they have to move to another one :)

Kfmmartin19
haha well whats the point in the hobby if you cant enjoy the fish. Even if at a later date they have to move to another one :)

Haha I agree.

I wish I could find a 36" rimless tank in the 30-40 gallon range that's not incredibly expensive! Perfect size for a tank

Well you could always build one, not too hard to do it, I agree with you, this is just the right size. I have considerd going a bit bigger though, but in width not length

Kfmmartin19
Well you could always build one, not too hard to do it, I agree with you, this is just the right size. I have considerd going a bit bigger though, but in width not length

Is it really not that difficult to make a good looking rimless? I kinda suck at DIY stuff

saying it isnt hard might be lying a little. Its one of those things that gets easier with more experience, the more tanks you build the more tricks you'll pick up. Eventually it becomes fairly straight forward.

Archived