Cultivated Reef

the sun sets today on kgoldy's all natural 90

kgoldy

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried unsuccessfully to sell some BRS crap I've had laying around for a long while... May as well start chucking the stuff in my tank to see what happens.

jedimasterben

I'd be careful with it, though. I wouldn't raise mag more than like 50ppm per day.

I thought that you had been dosing for mag every now and then?

I have four little bottles of different TLF supplements that have lasted me a year or so... I could probably dump all the bottles in at once and it wouldn't make a bit of difference. To say I "dose mag" would be a big stretch.

I just chiseled out some hunks of salt from the old bucket. I'm going to toss in a few pieces now and then and test my water in a couple weeks to see where the SG is.

I'll sprinkle some mag pixie dust in now and then... I doubt I can overdose that crap at this point.

Sodium bicarbonate will be sprinkled in sparingly, I suppose.

send me all your montis and birdsnests for safe keeping. k thx.

kk. You can send the bags and insulated boxes you want them in to me and I'll return it with corals. Just fill the box with money before you ship and I'll get to packing things up right away.

IMG_0369.JPG

IMG_0379.JPG

IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_0383.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG

IMG_0395.JPG

IMG_0368.JPG

IMG_0371.JPG

IMG_0373.JPG

IMG_0400.JPG

:wub: thanks kat!

jedimasterben

kk. You can send the bags and insulated boxes you want them in to me and I'll return it with corals. Just fill the box with money before you ship and I'll get to packing things up right away.

Don't tempt me.
  • Like 1

A message from Kat-

Salinity 1.022

Dkh 6.3

Calcium 675

Mag 880

Phosphates a little higher than 0.1

Nitrates 5

Just almost double your dkH, 2/3rds your CA, almost double your mag, and 1/3rd your Nitrates and you'll be in great shape!

IMG_0387.JPG

IMG_0395.JPG

that hammer looks awesome. and I love those zoas. Let me know when you have some of those pink pally that I got from you fragged.. My colony got a fungus and didn't make it.

that hammer looks awesome. and I love those zoas. Let me know when you have some of those pink pally that I got from you fragged.. My colony got a fungus and didn't make it.

I'll be sure to cut some more of those pink giants for ya.

Don't tempt me.

Why wouldn't I want to do that? I want cash. You want coral. Sounds like a beautiful thing.

Got Stika's DNA test results. "American Pitbull Terrier" and "American Staffordshire Terrier" were not among the 300 breeds that the lab tests for... :slap:

Otherwise, this does make a lot of sense.

25% Staffordshire Terrier

25% Boxer

25% Bulldog

8.11% Argentine Dogo

7.65% Bloodhound

5.06% Portuguese Water Dog

4.26% Afghan Hound

3.36% Shih Tzu

...and I'm going to make fun of Stika forever for being part Shih Tzu. From now on when people ask me "is that a pitbull?!" I'm answering with "no, it's a Shih Tzu mix!" :lol:

19351_248072603620_4560307_n.jpg

• Like 1

If you don't mind me asking, how much was that DNA test? I have 2 cats that where dumped on a friends doorstep that look identical to Norwegian Forest cats and I always wondered if they really are.

If you don't mind me asking, how much was that DNA test? I have 2 cats that where dumped on a friends doorstep that look identical to Norwegian Forest cats and I always wondered if they really are.

Not sure if there is a feline version... I used Wisdom Panel.

And I stand corrected on the Am-Staff thing-

FAQ:

Does Wisdom Panel® Insights™ test for "Pit-bull?"

The term "Pit-bull" does not refer to a single or recognized breed of dog, but rather to a genetically diverse group of breeds. Pit-bull type dogs have historically been bred by combining guarding type breeds with terriers for certain desired characteristics – and as such they may retain many genetic similarities to the likely progenitor breeds and other closely related breeds.

Due to the genetic diversity of this group, we cannot build a DNA profile for the Pit-bull. If a Pit-bull type dog was tested, we might anticipate that Wisdom Panel Insights test detect and report moderate to Minor amounts of one or more distantly related breeds to those used to breed the dog, it is possible that one or more of the following breeds might be detected at moderate to Minor amounts: the American Staffordshire terrier, Boston terrier, Bull terrier, Staffordshire Bull terrier, Mastiff, Bullmastiff Boxer, Bulldog and various small terriers like the Parson Russell. These breeds would be detected because some markers in these breeds have genetic identity at a minority of the markers Wisdom Panel Insights test uses to the breeds in our database.

Some local communities in the United States have put restrictions on Pit-bull ownership. Mars Veterinary™ encourages dog owners and care providers to be fully aware of their local laws, which vary across the country.

I have an extra test laying around that I bought in case the first one were to get contaminated. I'm going to test Ashley next and see how much Weimaraner is in her.

oh well.. looked into it more.. can't do breed dna testing for cats.. because they are aliens.. lol Actually there isn't enough info yet.

I'd love to test my brothers dog.. he annoys the crap out of me.. spent 1200 on a puppy mill mixed breed with a heart murmur and refuses to get it fixed because he thinks he's going to breed him.. grrr.. It's a half beagle half bulldog.. I hate this new designer breed dog crap.. Sorry if it offends anyone but I just think it's a crock of shit that enables backyard breeders and puppy mills to make ridiculous profits without any care about the animals health.

I'm huge into animal rescue and it just drove me nuts that he went and did that knowing that me and my sister have ties to so many rescues that need homes for all sorts of dogs. We don't have any dogs at the moment, but once we move into the new house with a yard we will be getting a retired racing grayhound from a a local rescue. I fell in love with the breed when we where in a pet shop getting turtle food and the rescue was there.. since then I have been volunteering with them doing meet and greets, and helping with home visits and such..

oh well.. looked into it more.. can't do breed dna testing for cats.. because they are aliens.. lol Actually there isn't enough info yet.

I'd love to test my brothers dog.. he annoys the crap out of me.. spent 1200 on a puppy mill mixed breed with a heart murmur and refuses to get it fixed because he thinks he's going to breed him.. grrr.. It's a half beagle half bulldog.. I hate this new designer breed dog crap.. Sorry if it offends anyone but I just think it's a crock of shit that enables backyard breeders and puppy mills to make ridiculous profits without any care about the animals health.

I'm huge into animal rescue and it just drove me nuts that he went and did that knowing that me and my sister have ties to so many rescues that need homes for all sorts of dogs. We don't have any dogs at the moment, but once we move into the new house with a yard we will be getting a retired racing grayhound from a a local rescue. I fell in love with the breed when we where in a pet shop getting turtle food and the rescue was there.. since then I have been volunteering with them doing meet and greets, and helping with home visits and such..

I totally understand, dude. I think dogs and cats should all be be registered, and breeding should be tightly controlled through the use of massive fines. It drives me nuts that so many animals are constantly being bred with no good homes to go to.

I adopted my two pups from Georgia, where they most certainly would have died as fighting dogs if I didn't take them home. Down in the Dirty South, Michael Vick was a ####ing hero when he got in trouble for murdering dogs.

Archived