Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

the sun sets today on kgoldy's all natural 90

kgoldy

Well... I just sent Steve's LEDs a message saying how I wired things up. Jedi- Do you think the entire fans need to be replaced? Or just the regulators?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Well... I just sent Steve's LEDs a message saying how I wired things up. Jedi- Do you think the entire fans need to be replaced? Or just the regulators?

Just the regulators most likely, they're a good first option. Replacing the fans would be a much more... costly endeavor :lol:

Just the regulators most likely, they're a good first option. Replacing the fans would be a much more... costly endeavor :lol:

Indeed. $60 wiring mistake would suck. On the bright side, at least everything else worked.

Oh, and one LED they sent me that was stamped with "4000k" (white)... is actually blue. Other than that, I think we're doing okay.

You would need a spacer on your mounting screws between the heatsink and the acrylic to make room for the LEDs... But yeah, pretty much.

Don't quote me on this, but you could probably wrap these heatsinks with LEDs installed with cellophane and you'd be fine for a lot of applications.

...(wrote that an hour ago, walked away without hitting send. oops.)

jedimasterben

You would need a spacer on your mounting screws between the heatsink and the acrylic to make room for the LEDs... But yeah, pretty much.

Don't quote me on this, but you could probably wrap these heatsinks with LEDs installed with cellophane and you'd be fine for a lot of applications.

...(wrote that an hour ago, walked away without hitting send. oops.)

The cellophane would probably melt, stick to the LED diodes, and blow them.

The cellophane would probably melt, stick to the LED diodes, and blow them.

I haven't let these heatsinks get very warm due to the dead fans... But on my fuge aquastyles kit this has worked just fine for me in the past. Now liquid electrical tape + LED lenses does the trick in a high humidity/salt creep environment.

Any updates on those who gave their money to rich little Mustang Sally down in Florida?

He promised to double my money if I sent him a 50 through USPS. He said his hamster needed some vetinerian care. And he's hard up for money. ;)

Horrible squealing noise coming from the tank area... Think I just had an MP-40 wet-side go bad on me. Bah!

That happens to me once in awhile. I think some sand gets in there and grinds. Does it persist when you wash it out?

That happens to me once in awhile. I think some sand gets in there and grinds. Does it persist when you wash it out?

+1000.

Take it apart and run your finger along the inside for any build up of grains or even a dwarf Cerith.

I heard the noise at around 2am last night, so I just unplugged the vortech and let it sit overnight. Time to investigate....

KG, there is a sweet frag of a mandarin zoanthid about 15 minutes from your house. I would ask you to be my polyp sitter but I have no idea when we are meeting :(

Mandarin zoa? Just have them dropped off in my tank and I'll hold them hostage until you come get em. :)

Hey Goldy, do you still have your Blue Spotted Jawfish??? and.....how did he like that house you made him???

BSJs don't like tank. :(

The pitbullfish in my sig is the BSJ replacement. He's way more fun than the 3 x $90 carpet surfers.

So... just registered for 17hrs of classes. Trying to work and go to school is going to be real rough with this schedule.

BSJs don't like tank. :(The pitbullfish in my sig is the BSJ replacement. He's way more fun than the 3 x $90 carpet surfers.So... just registered for 17hrs of classes. Trying to work and go to school is going to be real rough with this schedule.

Thanks for the reply, I think I'm gonna try one.

!7 hrs???? That's a lot of school with no job.

Archived