Coral Vue Hydros

the sun sets today on kgoldy's all natural 90

kgoldy

Builder Anthony

well those plants are so bentificial they suck up all the bad stuff.i wish i had room for that.just be careful adding in new zoas i had that pox break out and lost like 10 species its a heartbreaker.i think your the guy with the stairs allllll the way downstairs so theres like buckets of water to carry.hope your hand healed up as well i think its been sometime since that happened and well i dont like to see anyone get hurt.no doubt id be

looking at your tank with a beer for a good hour.take care..probally around 10 grand growing in there.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wowser. I would say try peroxide on the bryopsis using Julians thing to deliver it.

Psh. You know who you're talking to, right? Hah!

Is the KGoldy's sauce birdsnest?

056.jpg

WANT!

When it grows into another coral, I'll cut it. Til then, it's being left alone. :P

Nice tank! Love the maxi nems especially the reddish burgundy one!

I have heard sexy shrimp like to eat zoas do you have any issues with them?

Nice tank! Love the maxi nems especially the reddish burgundy one!

I have heard sexy shrimp like to eat zoas do you have any issues with them?

Haven't had any problems with the sexies that I've noticed... They cover a lot of ground, wandering all over the top third of my rock work... so if they're eating coral, they're doing it over such a large area that it's not doing substantial damage.

Man o man, ten pounds of shiit in a five pound bag! :)

Not only do I love this tank, but the whole system is fantastic which is probably why it is so successful. I think we all could learn alot from the way you do things.

Thanks!

:rolleyes:

okay I'll do it whenever I see you.

Nevar! Peroxide in my tank? That's just silly. What would my new lettuce nudis eat then?

animalmaster6

Your fuge system is pretty legendary. That maxi mini in the middle left isn't so mini lol. How big is it?

Also, what's your fish list?

Your fuge system is pretty legendary. That maxi mini in the middle left isn't so mini lol. How big is it?

Also, what's your fish list?

HOB fuge is about 16 gallons total volume, but most of that is eaten up by sand.

Fish list? Hmm...

2 Occelaris Clownfish

3-4 Green Clown Gobies

1 Yellow Clown Goby

1 Black Clown Goby

1 Lawnmower Blenny

1 Tailspot Blenny

2 McCosker's Fairy Wrasses

4 Blue Neon Cleaner Gobies

2 Green Mandarins

1 Rockskipper Blenny

1 Coral Beauty

1 Dusky Eyed Jawfish

1 Bluestripe Pipefish

3 Yellow Stripe Cardinals

1 (forgetting the name) Cardinal

3 Yasha Gobies

4 Hi-fin Gobies

...I think that's it.

what setting are u using on your mp40's are you using any other power heads ? really like the flow

Reef Crest at about 80-90%. Inside the bottom fuge I have two little powerheads (forget the brand) and the return is an Ehiem 1260.

i approve - water changes are overrated imo.

in my tank i haven't changed water in 3 years and the soft coral and sponge growth is bananas. i don't have a fuge - nothing but a powerhead and heater. my theory is that it's the accumulation of dom and suspended colloidal interfaces, which can be assimilated directly by poriferans and cnidarians via pinocytosis - it's the only thing i can think of that makes sense in terms of fueling growth imo.

also, biophysical studies over the past couple years have revealed that seawater is not a true liquid, but a colloid of dom and molecular structures of biological origin - you can't achieve that state by simply mixing up instant ocean and adding live rock... not to mention the major biological component of the ocean in terms of biomass is viruses. a system mimicking natural seawater takes time to develop and mature. i think water changes work against the true nature of seawater.

Hey Kgoldy, I posted this question in your HOB fuge thread, I guess you didn't see it so ill try asking here :D

Looks Awesome.

So the lighting from this HOB doesn't spill into the DT?

I'm not all that familiar with mangroves, I was unaware that the leaves themselves don't need light, just the roots. Is my understanding correct?

Do you mist the leaves? If so, how often and do you use rodi or SW for the misting?

Thanks, keep up the good work.

Well, I have now read this entire thread! Hard to believe tos same hands are both so clumsy and yet made this tank at the SAME TIME :D

Let me know if you want to ship some Nudis

Hey Kgoldy, I posted this question in your HOB fuge thread, I guess you didn't see it so ill try asking here :D

The leaves do need light... they would grow a million times better if the LEDs were suspended. I'm actually thinking of making a DIY LED strip that's presentable...

Light does splash into the main tank, but only a little. It looks like a nice soft moon glow.

The mangroves should be sprayed with RO/DI water as often as possible. The more, the better.

The leaves do need light... they would grow a million times better if the LEDs were suspended. I'm actually thinking of making a DIY LED strip that's presentable...

Light does splash into the main tank, but only a little. It looks like a nice soft moon glow.

The mangroves should be sprayed with RO/DI water as often as possible. The more, the better.

That spray bar you have in the lower fuge? How about rigging one up for the mangroves that has minimal pressure and a gentle spray?

also, biophysical studies over the past couple years have revealed that seawater is not a true liquid, but a colloid of dom and molecular structures of biological origin - you can't achieve that state by simply mixing up instant ocean and adding live rock... not to mention the major biological component of the ocean in terms of biomass is viruses. a system mimicking natural seawater takes time to develop and mature. i think water changes work against the true nature of seawater.

:o My mind has just been blown.

That spray bar you have in the lower fuge? How about rigging one up for the mangroves that has minimal pressure and a gentle spray?

Because.... sheetrock and hardwood floors.

If I were to get to make another build, one of the improvements I would be sure to add is acrylic to protect the floors and walls... because I would totally 100% have to have a fresh water mister to simulate daily rain over what would become some fast growing, super healthy mangroves. Maybe then, I might even use the lightning setting for the Radions.

Last night I saw an adult Berghia Nudi wandering through my display. Looks like they're making their way through the system! :D

Minor update- Berghia are laying eggs like crazy... but I see no babies yet. Nonviable eggs seemed to just disappear last generation... but now they look like they're getting "moldy" and hanging around.

Sexy shrimp have clutches of eggs under their tails. It's the first time I've noticed that so far. I admit to not looking closely at the sexies very often though.

Grape caulerpa has invaded the mangrove fuge... not too happy about that.

Archived