ReefCleaners.org

Pico Photo Contest!

Mr. Microscope

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow! Looks awesome paris. Very stunning images. Please move them to your original post so everyone can find them to vote. Here's a link.

Done.

Thank you guys. Lets wait for the voting to end and see what will happen.

I might not be the one as you guys said. :D

Mr. Microscope
I'm in!

Pico-Noob

Woohoo! I'll enter you in the contest. Great images. Good luck!

Is that a Balloon Molly acclimated to SW or some kind of small damsel?

Edit: Okay, I just looked at your thread. I see it is a damsel.

Wicked contest Eric!

I'm enjoying everyone's entries, there's some stunning shots!

I'm fortunate enough to already have a classic Mr. Microscope banner, so I'm not going to clog up the entry list, but good luck to all the contestants!

Mr. Microscope

Thanks BigRock! ;)

There really are some amazing images here. I think the voting results are going to be tight on a few of them.

Woohoo! I'll enter you in the contest. Great images. Good luck!

Edit: Okay, I just looked at your thread. I see it is a damsel.

Thanks! :D

:lol:

I realize you are not too familiar with FW things, but its a damsel.

Quality entry iPico!

Mr. Microscope
:lol:

I realize you are not too familiar with FW things, but its a damsel.

Quality entry iPico!

I used to have a balloon molly when I had a FW years ago. Just a stupid one with plastic plants, but I loved that fish. I looks kinda similar. I think the acclimation would make a neat project. Those fish can live in brackish water fine. So, I imagine that they could be adapted to salt. I noticed that mine used to love to swim in the current of the filter, so I think it would be happy in a reef.

Mr. Microscope
my pix

HOLY bleep jdl! Love the emerald in blue. I clicked on it and about jumped in my chair when this giant menacing looking crab popped up on my screen. :lol: :lol:

Im in just to beat will lmao. Oh yeah and for a sweet banner!

I saw your entries jgpicodope! Looks great! Is that a Tyree Green Toadstool on the left? I'm jealous. I really want to add one of those to my tank.

Mr. Microscope

The following have not posted their images yet. Let's get on the ball guys!

• Pico-Noob Entries:
will46r
Pilg0re
nismo
jaharr01
knox_legend

Post Six-Month Entries:
PakRX8

Remember,

Anyone can still enter the contest if you have a pico in the pico forum. I especially encourage you to enter if you're new to the forum or hobby. You can enter, post pics, or change your pics up to the last minute.

Four days left after today.

Ohhh I'm ready.... I have trained all my critters to smile, going to give the tank a contest cleaning and post my 2nd place yet still beating JG pictures!!!!

Ohhh I'm ready.... I have trained all my critters to smile, going to give the tank a contest cleaning and post my 2nd place yet still beating JG pictures!!!!

You just wait will...I have until the end of the month to change my pics and I have added some new stuff that im waiting to post. Im not giving this one away that easy lol.

I saw your entries jgpicodope! Looks great! Is that a Tyree Green Toadstool on the left? I'm jealous. I really want to add one of those to my tank.

Honestly Mr. M im not sure if its a tyree. How do I tell? All I know is it is definitely one of my favorite corals in my tank. Hopefully my entry pics change by the end of the contest :happy:

Honestly Mr. M im not sure if its a tyree. How do I tell? All I know is it is definitely one of my favorite corals in my tank. Hopefully my entry pics change by the end of the contest :happy:

If you pull the frag plug off the bottom of the coral you'll see a "Named by Tyree ©" sticker. I've been told that removing the tag results in stiff criminal punishment but removing the tag also makes the corals grow like crazy. You should check for the tag on ALL your corals........

In it to win it baby!!!!!

:P

Mr. Microscope

I think the ones with neon green polyps are the Tyree ones. Just a fancy name to separate them from the others.

I guess I'm in. Pico Noob!

age.png

Pico Tank of DOOM!

Dymax IQ3

Invertstock: Sexy Shrimp (Thor amboinensis), Bumblebee Snails (Engina mendicaria), Blue Leg Hermit Crabs (Clibanarius tricolor), Feather Dusters (Serpula sp./Bispira sp.), Bristleworms (Polychaete sp.), Starfish (Asterina sp.)

Coralstock: Hammer (Euphyllia sp.), Red Gorgonian (Paramuricea sp), Red Chili Sponge (Alcyonium sp.), Zoanthids

Macrostock: Cactus algae (Halimeda monile), Shaving Brush (Penicillus sp.), Green Knife Blade Algae (Caulerpa prolifera)

Equipment: Dymax IQ3 Acrylic Tank, Dymax Robot LED (x2), Dymax Power Head 200, Oceanic Biocube Internal Hydrometer, Hydor Mini 7.5W Heater

Filter-media: Floss, Sponge, Liverock

dsc9071q.jpg

dsc9029v.jpg

dsc9096t.jpg

Mr. Microscope
I guess I'm in. Pico Noob!

Looks good. I'm assuming it's the last three images that you're submitting. You don't need to have your tank info here. Good luck! Welcome to the contest.

Mr. Microscope

Today is the last day to join in on the fun. If you have a pico in the Pico Forum and post three images, you could be a winner! See the first post for the rules.

The last PM's have been sent to the remaining contestants who have not posted their images. The contest deadline is tonight at 11:59pm. Entry time will posted automatically with your edit.

I don't know if nano-reef is set to eastern standard time of if it is set by the user's location. For me the time is right.

I'll be posting a separate voting thread tomorrow.

I'm in for the pico noob contest <6months

Tank finnex 4 gallon

Light Nova 18" T5HO

AC 70 with fuge mod

Here are mine for the <6 months

Here are mine for the <6 months
Mr. Microscope

Hello All,

The Pico Photo Contest has reached its deadline. I will be starting a thread in the General Discussion Forum later today for voting. Thank you to all for your participation! I'll make another post here with a link to the voting thread once it's made.

Mr. M

Sorry about not getting pics in guys, I got called back into work because of a situation with a project I'm running. Got home around 2am :( Just got up.

Mr. Microscope
Sorry about not getting pics in guys, I got called back into work because of a situation with a project I'm running. Got home around 2am :( Just got up.

D'oh! Sorry will. There may be another time. Come vote though. :)

Archived