Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Pico Photo Contest!

Mr. Microscope

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr. Microscope
New pics have been added to my origanl post. I am not a great photographer, so these may be the best photos I will have.

Wow lpsouth1978! Your tank looks great! I really like that head-on FTS. If I may add a couple of suggestions for full tank shots: take the magnetic cleaning apparatus out of there. Also, turning off your pumps before the shot can really help to bring things into better focus and reduce movement blurs. Also, some corals briefly open up a little better in still current. It's little things like that that can make up for a lesser cameras/photographic skills. Good luck!

Mr. Microscope
hey el fab, how can i get my thread moved from members tanks to pico reefs? and is there any way to change the title?

You need to contact one of the mods. They can do it. I'm not sure who they are though.

gulfsurfer101

To get a hold of a mod just click on the my assistant button next to the new post button and click on the mod team. Also edit for pics added in my post (#2), that will most likely change once I am able to get a few more better ones before the deadline.

Interesting contest. I'm in!!! Im proud to say I'm a Noob, tank is 3 months old and it is my first.

DSCF3965.JPG

DSCF3796.JPG

DSCF3866.JPG

Might change FTS because this is not current (20 days older)

hey el fab, how can i get my thread moved from members tanks to pico reefs? and is there any way to change the title?

Done. To change the title, just edit your very first post and you can change it from there. Let me know if you need anything else. ;)

Mr. Microscope
Interesting contest. I'm in!!! Im proud to say I'm a Noob, tank is 3 months old and it is my first.

Thumbs up! :) Thanks for entering pj! Good Luck!

Mr. Microscope
I'm in.

Less then 6 month, first SW noobie category.

Those are some MASSIVE duncans. Welcome to the contest! :)

Is it too late to join... I have a pico thread for my Barracuda.... but I gave it too my brother for Christmas...after all he donated bone-marrow so I could live 12 years ago. I have a 5.5 I was thinking about starting up soon. this might get me to start it up faster. I like this contest. here is a pic of the tank

post-31319-1295969405_thumb.jpg

post-31319-1295969423_thumb.jpg

post-31319-1295969637_thumb.jpg

Mr. Microscope
Is it too late to join... I have a pico thread for my Barracuda.... but I gave it too my brother for Christmas...after all he donated bone-marrow so I could live 12 years ago. I have a 5.5 I was thinking about starting up soon. this might get me to start it up faster. I like this contest. here is a pic of the tank

Hello Gunbeaux. That's are great story. Anyone can join up to the day of the deadline. Just post your three favorite images in your original entry. Good luck! I'll add your entry to the list.

BTW, for the well being of your pico you may not want to rush things too much. Any three images will work for the entry. Anyone can win.

Mr. Microscope

Hello All!

We're two weeks into the contest and I couldn't be more excited by all the participation and humbled by all of your amazing images. Keep it up! There's still plenty of time to join the contest and post or change your images. Remember, anyone can win! The contest ends on January 31st. Winners will be announced shortly after.

Mr. M :happy:

When do I have to change my photos by? I just got new lighting and added a lot more corals so my tank is drastically different. Everything is still settling in and I'm still trying to get the perfect white balance.

Archived