• andrewkw
    • n0rk
    • jdl
    • .Newman.
    • straydog
    • parishilton

Mr. Microscope

Hello All,

As some of you know, I have been hosting a photo contest for pico owners during the month of January. The contest involves each contestant entering three images. Please place a vote for the contestant with your favorite images in each of two categories. I made one category for people new to the hobby/new to pico reefs, and one for the more experienced pico reefer. The prize is a personalized signature banner for each winner made from their winning images. Let's see some voting action. Votes will be counted on February 8th, one week from today. Please spread the word around and feel free to leave comments.

Here are the links to everyone's images.

• Pico-Noob Entries:
jgpicodope009
jaharr01
lpsouth1978
skeeters
pj86
ashlerbam
Gunbeaux
iPico
WRH

Post Six-Month Entries:
gulfsurfer101
uwwmatt
andrewkw
n0rk
jdl
.Newman.
straydog
parishilton

Here is a link to the original contest thread in the Pico Forum.

Pico Photo Contest!

Thanks for your participation! Good luck to all contestants!

gulfsurfer101
I just voted for myself 20 times....thats allowed right?! :P

elimination imo, you should only be able to vote for yourself only once!

elimination imo, you should only be able to vote for yourself only once!

lol i was just kidding i didnt even vote for myself once. I wasnt even sure if that was aloud...if you did i will lol

Mr. Microscope

Today is the last day for voting! I strongly encourage anyone who hasn't, to take a look at these AMAZING entries and place a vote for your favorites. Winners will be announced tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
Mr. Microscope

Hello All,

I finished the signature banners for two winners of the Pico Photo Contest! Drum roll please.

First, the winner of the Pico-Noob category with 12 votes and 33.33% of the total votes is pj86. PJ has been impressing all of us with his aggressive choice of corals for a pico. He's been keeping a selection of NPS including a sun coral with which he's witnessed a successful spawning event. There are now baby sun corals all over his tank! Congratulations PJ! Here's your prize!

pj86Banner.jpg

Second, the winner in the category of Post-Noob with 16 votes and 44.44% of the total votes is andrewkw. Andrew is running a beautiful Dymax IQ3. In addition to what has got to be one of the best tall scapes I've seen, he houses an amazing blue sponge and a maxi-mini complete with a hosting sexy shrimp! Congratulations Andrew! Here's your prize!

andrewkwbanner.jpg

There were some amazing entries in this contest! Frankly, I'm glad I didn't have to vote. If it were up to me, and I didn't have to work for a living, I'd have made you all sig banners. Thanks again to all who participated and to all who voted in the contest! I had a blast hosting and I hope to perhaps start another contest in the future.

Mr. M out!

Archived