Pod Your Reef

Pico Photo Contest!

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope

Hello All,

I’ve decided it’s time to make another signature banner. However, this time I’d like to make one for you! This is an image contest and the winners get their very own signature banner made from their winning images by yours truly, Mr. Microscope! Here are the contest guidelines:

• The Rules:
  • You must have a pico aquarium tank thread in the Pico Forum.
  • One entry per tank.
  • There have been a lot of new tanks in the pico forum lately. So, I’m planning to have TWO winners. There will be a category for pico-noobs and a category for picos older than six months. If you’re on the border of the six-month mark, you make the call.
  • Pico-noob = FIRST pico tank less than 6 months old. If you have a tank less than six months old, but have already had a successful pico and/or been in the hobby for years please enter in the other category.
  • Questions, comments, and conversations are aloud in the thread, but if you really want to get my attention about something before posting your entry you may want to PM me.

• How to enter:
  • To enter, simply add a post to this thread and say, “I’m in!” , and indicate which category you’re posting to; Pico-Noob or Post Six-Month. Pictures may be added later.
  • Please add your pictures to your SAME original post that indicated you're joining the contest. I will link to your post later to be able to track it. Otherwise this will get confusing.
  • Contestants must post three images of stuff in/about their tank. These can be of anything in your tank, or even an interesting feature about your tank. Maybe you have a fish, coral, invert, piece of equipment, or something DIY that you want to highlight in your banner. FTS’s are okay. Any three images of your favorite stuff will work fine. Try to make your images as high quality and in focus as possible. The images may be new or from any point in the life of your pico.
  • You may update or change your entry images at anytime during the contest, but your entry is limited to three images.

• The Winners and Prize:
  • I will choose winners, possibly with the aid of a random number generator. If there’s enough action, I may entertain some sort of voting method.
  • The prize for each winner is a clickable signature banner for your own personal use made from your winning images. The banner will link directly to the first page of your tank thread.

• Contest Deadline:
  • This contest will last through the end of January, 2011, meaning your post must indicate a date/edit no later than Jan 31st 11:59pm. This gives everyone adequate time to include any holiday goodies that may have been added and acclimated to your tank during this time.

Good luck! I will be tracking all entries in this post.

• Pico-Noob Entries:
will46r
Pilg0re
nismo
jgpicodope009
jaharr01
lpsouth1978
skeeters
pj86
ashlerbam
Gunbeaux
knox_legend
iPico
WRH

Post Six-Month Entries:
gulfsurfer101
uwwmatt
PakRX8
andrewkw
n0rk
jdl
.Newman.
straydog
parishilton

event.png

ContestBanner02.jpg

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gulfsurfer101

I'd like to get in but all my pics suck anyways so there's really no point for me. I'm in for just for good fun and see to where this goes.

Edit:post-noob,pics to come later.

Edit for pics:

tinytanknkiddos2006.jpg

003-4.jpg

tinytanknkiddos2008-1.jpg

Mr. Microscope
I'd like to get in but all my pics suck anyways so there's really no point for me. I'm in for just for good fun and see to where this goes.

Awesome! The first entry! Don't worry if you think your pics are bad. For the most part, I only use my iPhone to take images. Photoshop can work wonders. Anyone could win. Which category are you in? Good luck!

Good luck uwwmatt! Thanks for entering!

Mr. Microscope
Tank will be 6 months old on christmas day!

Wow! Awesome tank and great images. Thanks for entering.

Since you're on the border, you may choose which category you'd like to enter. Is this your first Pico? Please let me know ASAP. Preferably tonight.

I'm in.... is there an ubernoob category?

Fantastic will46r! You're the first official entry into the Pico-noob category. Good luck. Remember, you have until the end of January to post your images. So, even uber-noobness is no worry. :)

What is the "official" size of a pico? 2.5g or less? 5g or less? Just wondering cause I have a 5g that just got done cycling and is ready for stocking!

Hey uwwmatt my friend has the same desk as you. I had to comment on it :lol:

Anyway, continue on, picos are neat, I want to see some awesome photos! :)

Mr. Microscope
What is the "official" size of a pico? 2.5g or less? 5g or less? Just wondering cause I have a 5g that just got done cycling and is ready for stocking!

I typically believe that "pico" means 5.5 or less, but for this contest I'm loosening up a little. You just need to have a tank thread in the Pico Forum. Five gallons is fine. Do you have a tank thread? If not, start one and join in! Do you want to enter under the pico-noob category?

Hey uwwmatt my friend has the same desk as you. I had to comment on it :lol:

Anyway, continue on, picos are neat, I want to see some awesome photos! :)

Rock and Roll Jacobnano! Thanks for stopping by!

Do you have a pico? Join in!

I'm in for the Pico-noob category!

Alright! Entry numba TWO for the Pico-Noobs! Good luck PilgOre!

Mr. Microscope
Add another noob to the list :)

Thanks nismo! Welcome to the contest. :)

It's my first pico, but I have no problem being in either category. You can decide.

Okay. I'll enter you in with the Post-Noobs. :)

I have a pico if a 15g is a pico....or a 3g FW is a pico :P

Also, I really like the prize idea a) because it is a prize that everyone can see B) it is personalized and c) I suck at banners and I am jealous :P

Anyway, I will be watching :ninja:

Mr. Microscope
All these awesome picos are winners in my book. :happy:

Agreed. In that case, I've got my work cut out for me. Wanna help me make banners el fab? LoL! :D

Archived