Innovative Marine Aquariums

Pico Photo Contest!

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope
awww man! i should have started my tank a bit earlier. maybe i'll make the deadline

You're welcome to enter at any time, but for the good of your tank please don't rush things. I'll probably have another contest in the future.

When do I have to change my photos by? I just got new lighting and added a lot more corals so my tank is drastically different. Everything is still settling in and I'm still trying to get the perfect white balance.

You are welcome to change the images in your entry anytime before the deadline. As long as your edit is timestamped before Jan 31st 11:59pm, your golden.

(edits are automatically timestamped) see below

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr. Microscope
2 words......

fake coral

:D

Yikes! I think fake coral would be a DQ...also I'd make them eat the fake coral. Then I'd make them a banner that said, "I ate fake coral and all I got was this stupid banner!" :lol:

You're welcome to enter at any time, but for the good of your tank please don't rush things. I'll probably have another contest in the future.

You are welcome to change the images in your entry anytime before the deadline. As long as your edit is timestamped before Jan 31st 11:59pm, your golden.

(edits are automatically timestamped) see below

So this really isn't a contest it's more of a draw correct? I never really bothered to read what the photos will be judged on, or by who.

Mr. Microscope

The winner is chosen by me. :P

As I said in the breakdown, I might use a random number generator or employ some sort of voting method.

lol i hope you chose voting because random selection (if that's what the other option is) doesnt all seem that competitive lol.

Mr. Microscope
that methodology sounds strangely like one i used...

Busted! Yeah, I took a note from your "Wet" contest. But I think I'll have to change it up a little to encourage some competition.

lol i hope you chose voting because random selection (if that's what the other option is) doesnt all seem that competitive lol.

Agreed. There will be a vote...but there may be a twist.. ;)

Mr. Microscope
My 3 pictures I'm in

Thanks Gunbeaux! Could you please put them in your original post. You'll find a link to it in the first post. I'm linking to everyone's first post in order to keep track of their images. Otherwise it's going to get confusing.

Is it too late to join... I have a pico thread for my Barracuda.... but I gave it too my brother for Christmas...after all he donated bone-marrow so I could live 12 years ago. I have a 5.5 I was thinking about starting up soon. this might get me to start it up faster. I like this contest. here is a pic of the tank

post-31319-1294843213_thumb.jpg

post-31319-1294843224_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Mr. Microscope

Hello All!

There's only one week left in the contest. Time to get those cameras going and take your best shots! If you haven't already entered, there's still time. The last day to enter and/or make changes to your pictures is January 31st. Voting will commence during the first week of February. I'll be making a few other posts in other forums encouraging people to vote. So, we should see plenty of action and competition.

Good luck to all participating! I'm really amazed by all the beautiful images so far. The prizes are sure to turn out great.

Mr. Microscope
Here are some updated pics of my 5.5

Gunbeaux,

You need to post your three images in your original post back on page 5. Here is a link to it for you. All you need to do is edit the post and swap out the images. So far, I think you have posted 8. Contestants are only aloud 3.

I don't mean to be a stickler for the rules. It's just that it's going to get way to complicated if everyone is posting images here and there. All of the contestant links I have posted in my first entry go to every contestant's original entry with their images. When it comes time for voting, people will use the links to view the images and decide what to vote for. If your link does not go to your images, no one will be able to find them.

Cool Macro BTW! Tank looks great.

i better start scraping coralline...

Haha! Just take some closeups. That'll work. :)

I'm really amazed by all the picos I'm seeing and I'm glad I'm not running against you guys! :lol:

Awesome work all around. :)

What El Say^^^ is the same for me too. Great job peeps, let see some moar pixs!

Sorry for all of the pictures I am not that computer savy tried to deliete some of the picture ended up messing the post up more. Just remove me fom the contest... I will tag along to see who wins.

Mr. Microscope
Sorry for all of the pictures I am not that computer savy tried to deliete some of the picture ended up messing the post up more. Just remove me fom the contest... I will tag along to see who wins.

I just checked your entry. Whatever you did, it looks fine now. I see three images including the one with your macro in it. Good luck!

Mr. Microscope
Have been very busy lately and totally forgot about this contest.

Here are my entries.

Wow! Looks awesome paris. Very stunning images. Please move them to your original post so everyone can find them to vote. Here's a link.

Archived