ReefCleaners.org

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

Drift Monkey
I Didnt think anyone owned those anymore. I guess I forgot about em once i got my 52" panasonic flat screen. I used to sell home entertainment systems and projection didnt even cross my mind lol.

I still prefer them over LCDs. I have an Sony SXRD at my parent's house back in Houston. Can't beat the blacks projection TVs put out...LCD blacks piss me off...-_-

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah at about 3 years you should replace the bulbs on projection tv's regardless of if they go out or not. they lose color. I absolutely love plasma tv's. the blacks on a plasma look great.

At least its that. It's only 100 bucks to fix instead of having to get a new tv. I would love a new one for my room cause its just the old box tv lol. Definitely need a new one.

My pistol shrimp lost his small claw. I hate life. I guess I'll just drink another beer...I took pics of my ato and moon light I'll post when I can see straight...

Drift Monkey
yeah at about 3 years you should replace the bulbs on projection tv's regardless of if they go out or not. they lose color. I absolutely love plasma tv's. the blacks on a plasma look great.

Plasmas still don't look as good as my SXRD imo. ;)

Ok so I took pics of the ato and my moonlight last night before I initiated party time. I fed my fish and shrimp and noticed my pistol is missing his claw. Anyone have any ideas why this could have happened? Will it grow back? I also have noticed that my tank is really cloudy. And not the same cloudy that happens after the shrimp digs. I noticed it last night so I did a water change but it's the same if not worse. I will do water tests today to see if anything is out of whack. The only thing that has changed in the tank is the chaeto started to "melt" that is the only way I can explain it. So I took it out of the tank and I haven't been able to get more yet. I'm going to try to make it to my lfs to pick some up plus some new chemi pure. I hope I can get it to clear up. Any advice/help is appreciated.

Drift Monkey
Ok so I took pics of the ato and my moonlight last night before I initiated party time. I fed my fish and shrimp and noticed my pistol is missing his claw. Anyone have any ideas why this could have happened? Will it grow back? I also have noticed that my tank is really cloudy. And not the same cloudy that happens after the shrimp digs. I noticed it last night so I did a water change but it's the same if not worse. I will do water tests today to see if anything is out of whack. The only thing that has changed in the tank is the chaeto started to "melt" that is the only way I can explain it. So I took it out of the tank and I haven't been able to get more yet. I'm going to try to make it to my lfs to pick some up plus some new chemi pure. I hope I can get it to clear up. Any advice/help is appreciated.

The pistol probably didn't pay his rent! :haha: It'll grow back after a few molts though. As far as cloudiness...maybe someone is spawning? :unsure:

Plants dieing do release alot of cloudyness.It uasully happens when trimming too.

Hmmmm. I really hope thats what it is because I cant figure out what else it would be. I have never seen chaeto look like mine did when i took it out of the tank. Any ideas as to why this would happen. It turned almost a grayish color and it was slimey.

The piston probably didn't pay his rent . :haha: It'll grow back after a few molts though. As far as cloudiness...maybe someone is spawning? :unsure:

Im a nice guy and i dont charge rent lol!!!! I dont know what would be spawning...I guess I cant rule that out though. :huh:

Ok so I finally took some pics of my ATO and my moonlight. Nothing great but since you guys wanted to see, here they are.

The ATO is just like any other diy ATO. I used an aqualifter pump that I spliced the float switch into. The reservoir is just a 1 gallon container I found at walmart. I think I got the switch from Chicago sensors along with the material that I made the mount with. The material that they sell is just some kind of plastic that you can mold and bend after dipping it boiling water. I made a snail guard out of an old aqua stick container I had just by cutting it down and drilled holes all the way around.

2011-04-09204140.jpg

2011-04-09204114.jpg

2011-04-09204223.jpg

Just a pic to show the amount of room it takes up in the tank.

2011-04-09204233.jpg

The pump and reservoir.

2011-04-09204631.jpg

Check a Dracula goby or a fan goby both cool and small

Yeah they are both pretty cool but I already have a hi-fin goby. once i upgrade to a larger tank I might add another cool lookin goby.

Drift Monkey

I BARELY missed out on 2 used JBJ ATOs and a used Tunze Osmolator this weekend. I have the worst luck <_<

I might just end up getting a autotopoff.com nano unit...

I BARELY missed out on 2 used JBJ ATOs and a used Tunze Osmolator this weekend. I have the worst luck <_<

I might just end up getting a autotopoff.com nano unit...

That's unfortunate. You could of sent one my way.

I was thinking of getting the same thing. Not a bad price and you just need a pump and bucket.

Drift Monkey
That's unfortunate. You could of sent one my way.

I was thinking of getting the same thing. Not a bad price and you just need a pump and bucket.

Yeah, and they're local to me...so that's pretty cool. I would need them to reverse the mounting bracket since my water level is much higher than 1.5" from the top...

I think I spent like 35 bucks on everything. I guess im just more of a diy guy. The autotopoff.com units are nice but i think my set up takes up less room.

I'm really thinking about picking up a pom pom crab. Does anyone think there would be an issue with keeping the pom pom with the postal shrimp?

Drift Monkey
I'm really thinking about picking up a pom pom crab. Does anyone think there would be an issue with keeping the pom pom with the postal shrimp?

You might...but it really depends on if the pom pom establishes it's own area and stays away from the pistol. That and since the pistol has a goby to calm it's nerves...it might be doable. I think I've told you this before somewhere in your thread... :P

You might...but it really depends on if the pom pom establishes it's own area and stays away from the pistol. That and since the pistol has a goby to calm it's nerves...it might be doable. I think I've told you this before somewhere in your thread... :P

First he is not paying rent and now he isn't listening to your advice... what are you going to do with him drift. Haha just messing with you jg. I agree with drift tho. As long as they have separate areas they should be fine. But like anything, you never know until you try.

Drift Monkey
First he is not paying rent and now he isn't listening to your advice... what are you going to do with him drift. Haha just messing with you jg. I agree with drift tho. As long as they have separate areas they should be fine. But like anything, you never know until you try.

PAY ME JG! :angry:

Archived