Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

jg, I had forgotten there are Pom Pom crabs in saltwater tanks...lol. I think I have found a replacement for my sexy shrimp.

Yeah pj I love poms poms. There is one left at my lfs and I think I'm going to get it soon. I really hope that I can start getting some more corals to start filling in the empty spaces like yours.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drift Monkey
jg, I had forgotten there are Pom Pom crabs in saltwater tanks...lol. I think I have found a replacement for my sexy shrimp.

Why would you wanna replace your sexy shrimp?

Because they are the devil. I love them as long as they aren't in my tank. I will have a shrimp filled sump once I upgrade but until then I'll hold off on the sexy shrimp. I think pj and I like our corals too much to let some shrimp eat it.

I thought you guys fed your sexies?

I fed mine twice a day but they still seemed to pick at my corals. Some people get lucky with there sexies but it seems like most people don't.

Drift Monkey
I fed mine twice a day but they still seemed to pick at my corals. Some people get lucky with there sexies but it seems like most people don't.

I guess I'm rollin' the dice then!

The female sexy shrimp just began eating the corals to much. I do feed my tank multiple times a day and also fed the sexy every day. It seemed that she would always start eating more corals when she began spawning. So now she is my second pico, which is going to be mainly macros.

Drift Monkey
The female sexy shrimp just began eating the corals to much. I do feed my tank multiple times a day and also fed the sexy every day. It seemed that she would always start eating more corals when she began spawning. So now she is my second pico, which is going to be mainly macros.

I hope mine won't do that...-_-

Just a couple of pics cause I'm bored and my thread is boring. I haven't made any changes lately or added anything new but everything seems to be doing great. I'm constantly having to move things around on the sandbed because the pistol shrimp can't make up his damn mind where he wants to dig next. Anyways here are some pics, I hope you enjoy them.

Zombie snail and crab racing for a piece of mysis.

2011-04-13223358.jpg

Begging for food. He is just as bad as my dogs!

2011-04-14093407.jpg

Can't really see the colors of this lobo in my pics but it's an awesome green and orange.

2011-04-14093323.jpg

Top downs

2011-04-13223531.jpg

2011-04-13223645.jpg

Fts

2011-04-13224021.jpg

2011-04-13223317.jpg

Thanks drift. I've had the plate for about a month now. I love it. I just wish my shrimp would stop burying it lol.

And just so we don't take over paks thread with suby talk I have a custom fmic in the works right now. trying to decide which turbo to go with.

Drift Monkey
Thanks drift. I've had the plate for about a month now. I love it. I just wish my shrimp would stop burying it lol.

And just so we don't take over paks thread with suby talk I have a custom fmic in the works right now. trying to decide which turbo to go with.

Sweet man...which ones you thinkin?

Thanks gritch. I wish I had an actual camera so I could take even better pics. Plus a computer that I could do some editing so the colors look more like what I actually see but I guess my phone is doing a good job for now. I'm going to have to find space on my rocks for some of the corals cause I'm getting really frustrated with my stuff getting buried, especially the plate. I'm constantly having to move it.

Sweet man...which ones you thinkin?

I think I'm going to go with the blouch 30r. Not sure yet though. Depends on what route I'm actually going to go with this project. one day I want to go all out the next I want to keep it somewhat under control lol.

I don't mind all the suby talk in my thread. :lol:

Tank looks good. I love that toadstool..if that's what I think it is. You definitely have plenty of space for a mini-mini bubble tip. We just have to find shipping that's cheaper.

Well now that we know suby talk is allowed in both our threads this could get interesting. Thanks for the compliments pak, I appreciate it. Yes that is a toadstool and it is definitely one of my favorite corals in the tank.

Well now that we know suby talk is allowed in both our threads this could get interesting. Thanks for the compliments pak, I appreciate it. Yes that is a toadstool and it is definitely one of my favorite corals in the tank.

No problem man! Now you just need to do some white balance adjustment to show the true colors of that tank, because I'm sure it's a beauty!

Oh, forgot to ask... is that a nem on the left side of the tank up on the rockwork? If so, what kind?

I think you're talking about my Duncan. I don't have any nems in the tank right now. That's why I need one of the mini bta's. I need a computer to do some editing. All I have is an iPad and I can't do anything with it. It was a choice between an iPad and a laptop and of course my gf chose the more expensive iPad. Anyone know of any picture editing apps for iPad that I can edit white balance with?

So I might have broken a pico rule but I couldnt resist. I planned on having 2 small gobies in this tank from the get go but I found my hi fin goby and didn't think I'd add another but I was working at the fish store today and we had one of the coolest red cap gobies. Its small and I dont think it will be a bad fit for my tank. I'll post a pic once I get one. Does anyone think this is a bad idea?

Drift Monkey
I think you're talking about my Duncan. I don't have any nems in the tank right now. That's why I need one of the mini bta's. I need a computer to do some editing. All I have is an iPad and I can't do anything with it. It was a choice between an iPad and a laptop and of course my gf chose the more expensive iPad. Anyone know of any picture editing apps for iPad that I can edit white balance with?

Try Photogene, that should be able to do it.

So I might have broken a pico rule but I couldnt resist. I planned on having 2 small gobies in this tank from the get go but I found my hi fin goby and didn't think I'd add another but I was working at the fish store today and we had one of the coolest red cap gobies. Its small and I dont think it will be a bad fit for my tank. I'll post a pic once I get one. Does anyone think this is a bad idea?

Bioload will increase. Keep an eye on your parameters...you should be OK as long as you are diligent with your water changes.

Sometimes you'll never know until you actually try it for yourself. ;)

I'm guess I'm asking whether or not "you" would try it or if you just think it's not a good idea. If it's going to ruin my tank I can easily take him back or sell him to another reefer in the area. I was originally going to keep 2 red striped gobies in my tank and I got some good feedback when I brought that idea to the table. I just hope it works out.

el fabuloso

That thought has crossed my mind before when I had my pico but I ended up going the damsel route. Had I been keeping a goby in there, I'm sure I would've added another goby to see what happens and then write about it. That's what I would do. lol

But seeing how well you've maintained your tank I think you could pull it off. And if it doesn't work I doubt that it would happen over night. I'm sure you'd see the signs and you'd have enough sense to burn that bridge when you get there.

That thought has crossed my mind before when I had my pico but I ended up going the damsel route. Had I been keeping a goby in there, I'm sure I would've added another goby to see what happens and then write about it. That's what I would do. lol

But seeing how well you've maintained your tank I think you could pull it off. And if it doesn't work I doubt that it would happen over night. I'm sure you'd see the signs and you'd have enough sense to burn that bridge when you get there.

This is exactly what I needed to hear fab. I think I remember reading in your thread that you think your pistol shrimp had something to do with your Pico crashing. Do you think keeping my goby/shrimp pair in the Pico is a bad idea in the long run?

Archived