Pod Your Reef

Squared's 29g reef

Squared

devilsadvocate
Ahhh. Well I'm glad you've got a new bulb. Teamed with large WCs and manual removal, your tank will be spotless in no time!

its almost there. just like 3 small patches of cyano. and for some reason gha is growing only on the skimmer

cute molly :happy:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ahhh. Well I'm glad you've got a new bulb. Teamed with large WCs and manual removal, your tank will be spotless in no time!

Squared he/she's looking great! Nice and clear eyes.

it's a he. can't you see his fish-wiener? :huh:

its almost there. just like 3 small patches of cyano. and for some reason gha is growing only on the skimmer

cute molly :happy:

i have diatoms growing in my skimmer...

To keep nutrients down. Cus that's a lot of fish.

My Midas keeps chasing my Molly :( might have to give the Molly away...

ALSO:

My nitrate and phosphate are undetectable!! :ninja:

Have to say one of the nicest mollies I've seen.

Do you still have gha problem? If so that may be what hiding your nitrate/phosphate reading.

If were squared I'd spot treat w hydrogen peroxied once and do heavy water change to follow. This has worked for me and some others. It's not as hard or labor intensive as some mite think.

altolamprologus

Just an FYI, if you want a mandarin, you should learn to love less than perfect water. No nutrients means no food for pods. Even a trained mandarin well fed on frozen food needs pods

altolamprologus
I'll prolly end up culturing pods outside the tank. Can they be kept at room temp?

Depends on the species and temp of the room, but for the most part, yes.

Archived