Top Shelf Aquatics

Squared's 29g reef

Squared

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You might have a problem. If he survives the night, he should be fine.

Bleh, hope he makes it.

GL with them

If he survives to full reef salinity, I will keep him in the bucket until he eats. Treat the bucket like a QT tank.

Just looked at the molly again: defiantly has fin rot. I'm going to set up another QT with current salinity. Don't want to stress it out more.

Update: salinity in acclimation bucket is almost 1.020, and the Molly looks fine. Move the male to a 5 gallon qt tank, salinity about 1.015, with full strength dosage of EM. I think he'll be fine :)

Update: salinity in acclimation bucket is almost 1.020, and the Molly looks fine. Move the male to a 5 gallon qt tank, salinity about 1.015, with full strength dosage of EM. I think he'll be fine :)

I hope he makes it!

Hey esse, I was reading throughthe thread and saw you where planning to take down your tank when you go to college, just wanted to say that quite a few colleges allow fish. I hope they allow dart frogs and snakes, too. Also we should start an "acros under T5 club"

There is actually a thread like on reef central, if you want to check it out. Most people seem to have more than 4 bulbs though. A 4 bulb setup is not the best for an acro dominated tank.

I put the femal in at 12AM, still alive but still stressed. Not laying on its sides or near the bottom though so that's a good thing.

The male is still alive, but not eating. He's pooping, though :/

There is actually a thread like on reef central, if you want to check it out. Most people seem to have more than 4 bulbs though. A 4 bulb setup is not the best for an acro dominated tank.

Yeah, I just want one or two acros, what I really like is monti digis and birds.

That will be fine

DSCN1619.JPG

Hope those mollies clear up your GHA, you should be thankful that it isn't cyano, lol. I just championed my second outbreak. Also, what's the color temp of your white bulbs?

Nope, you need to pick out the right bulb combo

I have 2 aqua blues, 1 aqua blue plus, and 1 purple plus

Those bulbs give me a 14k look

Mine love the 4 bulbs, but they are at the top of the tank. And I have a 36" fixture, longer bulbs have higher par.

Nope, you need to pick out the right bulb combo

I have 2 aqua blues, 1 aqua blue plus, and 1 purple plus

Those bulbs give me a 14k look

Same colors I have on mine, if you want to check the FTS it's on page one, I have them set up like this

Bulbs are as follows : FRONT

ATI Aquablue Special

ATI Blue +

ATI Purple +

ATI Blue +

BACK

Squared I think you may have gotten your bulbs wrong, I only have the one Blue Special (the white) and 2 of the Blue Plus, the Purple Plus is for the POP in reds and greens I have in the tank. Thought we had the same bulbs.

OH glad the mollies are doing okay! Just leave the little male alone for a day other then checking on him and try feeding right before bed time again. I bet he makes it.

Archived