Coral Vue Hydros

Hypes Archipelago

Rehype

Had her? Or still have? thats an awesome pic btw. Thanks to you i have been going crazy looking for a conch for my tank. No one and i mean no one has them. I cant wait to see a fts.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Had her? Or still have? thats an awesome pic btw. Thanks to you i have been going crazy looking for a conch for my tank. No one and i mean no one has them. I cant wait to see a fts.

Thanks JG i still have her. Your right about the larger varieties they seem to be harder to come by. But if i were you id check with john over at reefcleaners. He could probably give you an ETA on the next batch..

animalmaster6
Im not looking for the larger variety, i need a pico sized conch lol. One of your small ones would be more than enough for my tank.

Check fragfrenzy.com.

He should have them...

beautiful tank hype. expected nothing less from you. i've been so busy lately that i havent had a chance to read your thread till now. this got me even more excited to get my new build going. nice work brotha!

how's the mandarin dealing with the flow from the mp10 and minimal rockwork? in my 10 gal, I added one but took him out within hours when i found him stuck to the side of the mp10.

Thanks alot bro its much appreciated. Im looking forward to seeing what your next build is going to be..

The mandarin has been doing great so far. I keep the Mp10 in tidel swell mode and so far no issues. He actually swims right under it sometimes. This mandarin is such a pig. I feed it mysis and brine shrimp daily but ive actually gotten it to eat pellets and now even flakes!

Thanks alot bro its much appreciated. Im looking forward to seeing what your next build is going to be..

The mandarin has been doing great so far. I keep the Mp10 in tidel swell mode and so far no issues. He actually swims right under it sometimes. This mandarin is such a pig. I feed it mysis and brine shrimp daily but ive actually gotten it to eat pellets and now even flakes!

Thats awesome, I want a mandarin.

If you get one try to get an ORA raised one. I know not everyone has had success with them but i believe you have about a 75% chance of getting one that will continue to eat prepared foods. I think ORA has been keeping the mandarins a bit longer before putting them for sale to help alleviate the problem.

So you like your Mandarin? Sorry I didn't read (yell at me later :lol:) but did you buy yours in a store or online? I want to know how they look in person...as I would only be able to mail order them.

Also, I am glad you posted a pic of that star again! I really like it. What is the care like on those???

I gotta get up to date Hype haha

Hey jacob thanks for checking in. Yea i love this mandarin since hes eating so well. Ive had one in the past that i taught to eat pellets but having one that eats mysis,brine,pellets and now flakes with no reservations is pretty special IMO. I got mine from DD on live aquaria and he was in fantastic shape... in fact he was a bit too fat to be honest.

Some pics..

5310895917_f37af4c0cd_z.jpg

Feeding on mysis.

5311523978_10e786a5db_z.jpg

Actually ive always kept stars and have had success with them although i never did anything special to care for them. Honestly the best advice i can give is to hand pick the healthiest specimen you can find.

I need to check in more often :) Wow he is beautiful! So he eats mysis too then, wow that is awesome. I didn't think you could have a mandarin that is too fat :lol:

Great pics by the way!

Ahhh. So the star is reef safe though? Dang, about the hand picking thing. I don't have any local shops. Hmmm...sure is a nice one you have.

Yep he eats mysis and brine. And over the last few weeks i got him to start taking pellets and even small flakes. You wouldnt believe how fat he was when i first got him from live aquaria. He was so fat he could barely swim.. :lol:

Thanks Jacob

Yep the star is totally reef safe. From what i can tell it eats fauna growing on the glass,rocks and sand.

Yep he eats mysis and brine. And over the last few weeks i got him to start taking pellets and even small flakes. You wouldnt believe how fat he was when i first got him from live aquaria. He was so fat he could barely swim.. :lol:

Thanks Jacob

Yep the star is totally reef safe. From what i can tell it eats fauna growing on the glass,rocks and sand.

Hahaha wow that must have been huge!

No prob man :)

Sweet. I think I need to find one of those....

Thanks animal. The chromis are being chromis....Theres plenty of chasing and displaying. The alpha is one in the middle(he keeps his dorsal fin elongated almost all the time) and he keeps the other 3 in check.It does seem as though they have a pecking order.

Hi Hype, which return pump you used in this tank?

I just odered a new tank which dimension is 24 * 24 * 11, and I looking for a pump which will have enough water circulation for my new tank. :P

Well I used the Eheim 1048 but I just switched it with a 1250. I'm sure you can use a stronger pump for your setup but I prefer a slower return pump so theres more contact time with the refugium.

Well I used the Eheim 1048 but I just switched it with a 1250. I'm sure you can use a stronger pump for your setup but I prefer a slower return pump so theres more contact time with the refugium.

I'm about to buy the 1250 tonight for a closed loop phosban reactor system. How do you like it? I am going to split the output so about 40gph go through the reactor and the rest will go through a locline nozzle flare for surface agitation. Is there going to be a lot of flow with that setup or will it be gentle?

Thanks Hype.

Love those chromis...highly underrated fish.

I like it so far but its not much more flow than the 1048 but i figured why not bump it up just a bit since the dimensions are about the same as the 1048. I love Eheim pumps as they are extremely quiet,reliable and economical.

I like your idea for the phosban reactor. The flow should be gentle with that setup.

I agree about the chromis they add alot of movement and personality to any setup.

Archived