Top Shelf Aquatics

Hypes Archipelago

Rehype

Sorry brother.

I know that feeling too well. You'll most certainly have to find another one, right?

-D

Thanks D. I doubt if im going to get another since i dont plan on putting a canopy on the tank. I dont want to lose any more fish because i want my tank to stay open top.

Hype I love your tank, but your taste in football team sucks!!!

I somehow doubt that. I guess we'll see after sunday wont we..

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to say that this tank is sooo awesome! What're you going to do with the seahorse when you get SPS?

I now have an increasing desire to get an ORA mandarin. I was toying with buying just a regular one but I think ORA is now the way to go. I am sorry about yours.

And the chromis are pretty cool as well!

Thanks alot coastie. I actualy already have a few frags of sps and the seahorse is quite comfortable with them. The trick was adjusting the flow so theres enough flow for the sps but not too much for the seahorse. I think I found a good balance..

Defintely buy an ORA mandarin they are healthy and take frozen with ease(at least most of the time)

Thanks again.

I love your avatar btw..hilarious

Damn.. sorry for the loss Hype. That really sucks, especially since it's one of the nicest fish. This is the one thing i'm really worried about when my tank goes up and it's ready to be stocked. That's the problem with super-shallow rimless tanks. :/

I love your avatar btw..hilarious

I was actually telling somone about yours the other day.... I think you and needreeffunds have the funniest ones!

Damn.. sorry for the loss Hype. That really sucks, especially since it's one of the nicest fish. This is the one thing i'm really worried about when my tank goes up and it's ready to be stocked. That's the problem with super-shallow rimless tanks. :/

Thanks zero. Yea its tough selecting livestock if you dont plan on using a canopy

Amazing tank, Hype....can't believe I am just now seeing this.

Thanks alot adrian.

Aww man I'm sorry :(

Thanks animal. It just really sucks..

That sounds like a good idea.

I hated the idea of using a screen cover because I set it up as a rimless tank strictly to enjoy the look and feel you get when the surface of the water is exposed. It makes the tank seem much more exotic, IMO.

Now my house is 99% surfer friendly. Fish can't surf! I wanted clowns and they absolutely wouldn't stay in the tank. I just pull the screen off the tank when I get home (and the lights are on) and enjoy the tank for a while and then just put it back on there. It's really not that noticeable and it's easy to remove.

-D

I hated the idea of using a screen cover because I set it up as a rimless tank strictly to enjoy the look and feel you get when the surface of the water is exposed. It makes the tank seem much more exotic, IMO.

Now my house is 99% surfer friendly. Fish can't surf! I wanted clowns and they absolutely wouldn't stay in the tank. I just pull the screen off the tank when I get home (and the lights are on) and enjoy the tank for a while and then just put it back on there. It's really not that noticeable and it's easy to remove.

-D

I'm thinking something like clear screen and an acrylic frame that can be partially submerged, sitting on some acrylic blocks in the corners.

Thats my dilemma and it would be way too much of a hassle for me to remove a cover every time i needed to feed the tank or to do maintenance. I had to do it on one of my previous tanks because i had a blue spotted jawfish and a dwarf golden moray eel. I dont know i guess ill have to think about it some more. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Almost forgot new page new pic...Another shot with the viewdown box

5369496489_ea402b7ff3_z.jpg

:tears:

Sorry my friend. Such a beautiful fish.

...and that last shot was saaa-wheet! :happy:

And finally...

WE HAVE WAITED MUCH TOO LONG. IT'S OUR TURN DAMMIT--GO JETS!!

:P

Thanks buddy..

We're going all the way this year. Its going to be a grudge match but we can take the steelers.

Go Jets!!!

J

E

T

S

JETS JETS JETS!!!

Nice!

Thanks Pat.

!!!! God I need more money...Let's hope I get this new job so I can start up another reef tank. I hate you. :angry:

Well i hope you start up another reef.Hopefully by that time ill be ready to start up a planted tank. Could you believe i got that frag for just $15?

Well i just wanted to share my results with vodka dosing.Since i have such a heavy bioload and still would like to keep sps i figured it would be worth giving the system a try. Ive been doing it for about 2 1/2 weeks to reduce phosphates and nitrates to achieve a lns. In addition since i had some nuisance algae(bubble algae,bryopsis etc..) popping up in places this should help.

Well the results were as follows:

*an immediate increase in skimmate production(just had to show a pic..this is only 5 days worth of skimmate)

skimmate-1.jpg

*Clearer water

*very low phosphate/nitrate levels despite heavy feedings

*The destruction of nuisance algae(bryopis and the like started to wither and die my second week of dosing)

Im very pleased with the results. Ive taken a break in my dosing schedule as i would still like to keep the cheato and other friendly macroalgae in my sump alive. But if i notice an increase in phosphates ill start dosing again. In summary its a very cheap way to achieve a low nutrient system with additional benefits.

Hey buddy, check out Brian's email specials at OG II this week- some nice finds there. I ran out late last night to snag a few things. :happy:

That's all.

Go JETS !!

fingerscrossed

Archived