Innovative Marine Aquariums

Hypes Archipelago

Rehype

Well yea if you want a 20X20 you have no choice to go with a 55 gallon or larger tank. But I'm sure you could find one...people have them laying around in their garages that you could probably get for free.Check eBay or craiggslist for someone selling one locally.

I think a 70 watt would cover it fine provided you have it high enough and have a High quality reflector but I do have a 150 watt halide w/ (4) 24 watt t5's over my cube and I haven't cooked my livestock.

Np that's what it's all about helping each other out.

Thanks Rehype. You are awesome. And yeah, i think i might go with a 55G now and just chop it up. And while i'm at it, i'll make it a 21x21x10 cube since the 55's are 21" tall, why waste the inch right? Maybe i'll make it 21x21x9.. not sure. But anyways, i'll think more about that light, and maybe i will go with the 150w. Now that i think of it.. i should have kept my last 150w pendant instead of selling it.. :rolleyes:

Thanks again!!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Rehype. You are awesome. And yeah, i think i might go with a 55G now and just chop it up. And while i'm at it, i'll make it a 21x21x10 cube since the 55's are 21" tall, why waste the inch right? Maybe i'll make it 21x21x9.. not sure. But anyways, i'll think more about that light, and maybe i will go with the 150w. Now that i think of it.. i should have kept my last 150w pendant instead of selling it.. :rolleyes:

Thanks again!!

Np zero. A 21x21x9 would be just as cool. I once kept a 70 watt viper over a 3 gallon pico with no I'll effects. As long as you have it high enough and a way to cool the tank the corals can adapt.

Well whatever your choice be sure to start a build thread.

Np zero. A 21x21x9 would be just as cool. I once kept a 70 watt viper over a 3 gallon pico with no I'll effects. As long as you have it high enough and a way to cool the tank the corals can adapt.

Well whatever your choice be sure to start a build thread.

I will. :) Oh yeah and i can't use a 55G either because all the glass on a 55G is tempered.. :( But oh well.. just have to find one larger. -_-

Could you get more pictures stepped back to show the whole setup? the tank stand, the light stand, how it goes together, how the wires are run, as well as the plumbing, what overflow system you used, etc

Sorry I'm an engineer :happydance:

Needreefunds

It's so cool catching up on your threads Eugene.

You are so creative with your systems and have such a knack for adding incredibly interesting critters.

Kudos for thinking outside the box, or inside the cube as it were. :happy:

Could you get more pictures stepped back to show the whole setup? the tank stand, the light stand, how it goes together, how the wires are run, as well as the plumbing, what overflow system you used, etc

Ill have take some more pics as i dont really have of any shots of the whole setup.

It's so cool catching up on your threads Eugene.

You are so creative with your systems and have such a knack for adding incredibly interesting critters.

Kudos for thinking outside the box, or inside the cube as it were. :happy:

Thanks so much buddy. I always appreciate your encouragement. :happy:

Im trying to keep this tank as interesting as i possibly can.

New page new pic

Halloween Hermit

5313292018_3ed7d3c223.jpg

FallenMonkey
Thanks so much buddy. I always appreciate your encouragement. :happy:

Im trying to keep this tank as interesting as i possibly can.

New page new pic

Halloween Hermit

5313292018_3ed7d3c223.jpg

B-e-a-utiful

Picked up a viewdown box.Perfect for viewing even with the pumps are on. Anyhow im going to try to take some pics with it and see how they come out

Viewdownbox.jpg

Picked up a viewdown box.Perfect for viewing even with the pumps are on. Anyhow im going to try to take some pics with it and see how they come out

Viewdownbox.jpg

Please do!! This should be so sick. :lockdown:

Ive been skimming through and all I can think to say about this tank is .... BEAUTIFUL !

Looking forward to seeing more of it.

Keep up the great work !

Thats like a 900$ camera dang man no wonder those pics are so nice!

Thanks lps although you can get just as nice pictures with a less expensive camera provided you use proper technique.

Ive been skimming through and all I can think to say about this tank is .... BEAUTIFUL !

Looking forward to seeing more of it.

Keep up the great work !

Thanks so much supersize.

Where you get the hermit at.

My LFS sells them occasionally

I would like to see this too.

I have a weakness for square, shallow tanks. Couple that with the gorgeous and I do mean GORGEOUS rockwork and this is easily one of my favorite tanks here. But then Hype, you have this eye for taking photos that are visually stunning and then making sure that your occupants are always interesting.

No wonder I keep coming back! :lol:

I've re-read this thread a few times already, but I suppose it's about time I complimented you on it. Also, that is quite the hermit crab you have there! Very neat coloration on its legs. I'll be back often to check in. Please keep up the excellent work.

You have my sincerest thanks for the really nice comments rain. I update my threads not really sure if anyone is really interested since there are sooo many incredible setups on nr. But i try to keep it up to date and interesting so its worth checking in. I appreciate any and all of the feedback that you guys offer to the thread and anyone who takes the time to view the thread.

Thanks again

BTW i love your avatar rain

Archived