Top Shelf Aquatics

Hypes Archipelago

Rehype

New page.

New pic. :D

Let's see some more of those fish! How's the starfish? I love that picture you already posted. Definitely a brilliant crop on it as well.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have my sincerest thanks for the really nice comments rain. I update my threads not really sure if anyone is really interested since there are sooo many incredible setups on nr. But i try to keep it up to date and interesting so its worth checking in. I appreciate any and all of the feedback that you guys offer to the thread and anyone who takes the time to view the thread.

Thanks again

BTW i love your avatar rain

Oh believe me, people are interested in what you're doing. I'm getting that from all the comments you're getting and the fact that your thread is already 21 pages long! ;)

I noticed you said your sand is Fiji Pink and is good for burrowers. I'm wondering if you could answer a question for me. I'm setting up my very first tank and I'm looking specifically to add a goby/pistol pair (unoriginal and yet it will be new for me and thus I'm very excited!). I'd like to know if this substrate would be good and if you have any advice on sand bed depth. I have a BC14.

Thanks for noticing my avatar. The illustrator is David Mack and this is his character, Kabuki. I've always loved his work, specially the older ones.

And as D9 said. It's a new page! We'll be awaiting new pics! :D

New page.

New pic. :D

Let's see some more of those fish! How's the starfish? I love that picture you already posted. Definitely a brilliant crop on it as well.

Thanks alot D. The starfish is still doing well.. I saw her the other day(she was hanging out on the sandbed).

New pic coming up...

Oh believe me, people are interested in what you're doing. I'm getting that from all the comments you're getting and the fact that your thread is already 21 pages long! ;)

I noticed you said your sand is Fiji Pink and is good for burrowers. I'm wondering if you could answer a question for me. I'm setting up my very first tank and I'm looking specifically to add a goby/pistol pair (unoriginal and yet it will be new for me and thus I'm very excited!). I'd like to know if this substrate would be good and if you have any advice on sand bed depth. I have a BC14.

Thanks for noticing my avatar. The illustrator is David Mack and this is his character, Kabuki. I've always loved his work, specially the older ones.

And as D9 said. It's a new page! We'll be awaiting new pics! :D

Well i guess your right. :happy:

Well ive had goby/shrimp combos in the past and its one of the most unique and fascinating relationships to watch. I recommend fiji pink because its easier for jawfish and gobies/shrimp to burrow through as the sand texture is very fine. Its really awesome to watch the pistol shrimp kick up all that sand to construct new burrows. You really dont need a very deep sand bed as the pistol will gather sand from surrounding areas. A 1" sandbed is more than enough.

Ill have to look up some of his work...Thanks for the info

uploading pic right now

So i was playing with the viewdown box...This was pretty much the best shot i was able to get. I have to play around with it a bit more.

New page new pic

My acan garden

5355639424_c26c453e16_b.jpg

The garden doesn't look too bad. Look down boxes take a bit of work because of shadows but usually the shots are real nice. Need a mount for mine so I dont have to hold the camera and box which makes it hard to manually focus.

Thanks steely. Yea it was particularly difficult because they are right under the halides so it was causing a an annoying glare but ill play around with it a bit more and see if i can come up with a more interesting shot.

Nice acan shot. Have you seen AJ_Tsin's new little power shot? I'm thinking of going that direction for top downs. The wife wants a new point and shoot so everybody wins.

OK, I just had to stop in- take you off topic once again- and ask if you are enjoying that win as much as I am.

J- E -T- S --- JETS JETS JETS!!

Ok-

Tank looks great.

Love the new name.

Carry on.

:lol:

Nice acan shot. Have you seen AJ_Tsin's new little power shot? I'm thinking of going that direction for top downs. The wife wants a new point and shoot so everybody wins.

Yea it takes great pics. Let me know if you decide to pick one up.

OK, I just had to stop in- take you off topic once again- and ask if you are enjoying that win as much as I am.

J- E -T- S --- JETS JETS JETS!!

Ok-

Tank looks great.

Love the new name.

Carry on.

:lol:

Are you kidding me buddy i practically peed & pooed myself i was so happy! Beating the pats is like the superbowl for me personally. I couldnt have asked for a better game.... Other than the one i went to at the beginning of the season when they beat the pats in jersey.

We're almost there buddy...

Gooooo JETS!!!

:D

Wonderful shot!

More pics........... ;)

Thanks Allen..definitely have more to come

I dont think its possible to hate the pats as much as i do. Thanks for the support. We're so close i just hope we can take care of Pittsburgh... its going to be a grudgematch.

animalmaster6
Are you kidding me buddy i practically peed & pooed myself i was so happy! Beating the pats is like the superbowl for me personally. I couldnt have asked for a better game.... Other than the one i went to at the beginning of the season when they beat the pats in jersey.

:o

I HATE the patriots.... and now that LT is there, I'll root for the Jets as long as the outcome doesn't interfere with my Cowboys. Great win!

I dont think its possible to hate the pats as much as i do. Thanks for the support. We're so close i just hope we can take care of Pittsburgh... its going to be a grudgematch.

:o :o :o

Nah I like the pats but I really don't follow football much and it's not a real big deal for me :lol:

I hope we will take care of your QB next week...Go Steelers!

Well i guess your right. :happy:

Well ive had goby/shrimp combos in the past and its one of the most unique and fascinating relationships to watch. I recommend fiji pink because its easier for jawfish and gobies/shrimp to burrow through as the sand texture is very fine. Its really awesome to watch the pistol shrimp kick up all that sand to construct new burrows. You really dont need a very deep sand bed as the pistol will gather sand from surrounding areas. A 1" sandbed is more than enough.

Ill have to look up some of his work...Thanks for the info

uploading pic right now

A viewdown box! That's so awesome! omgomgomg

Alright, I'm definitely getting Caribsea Fiji Pink then (if it's Hype recommended then it's certainly good enough for me!). I was sold on the goby and pistol pair when I saw one at my LFS. I stood there for a good hour just watching. The pistol actually had three gobies in his burrow and they were all different. I'll do 1" and see if that's going to be visible on my BC14. :happy:

It is SO nice when the people with the awesome tanks help us beginners. Thank you for that.

I forgot to ask - where did you get the awesome rock that went into your tank? Is it pieced together?

Be sure to start a thread on your tank id love to see pics of the goby/pistol. It makes me really miss having a goby and pistol.

No problem at all. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Well the live rock i got from a host of different places(different online vendors,lfs,fellow reefers) Its a mix and match of a bunch of different places that were shaped well enough to add to the scape. None of the pieces are glued together. The rock on the left is one piece and the other two bommies were put together like a lego set.

Well sadly this morning i lost my male target mandarin to carpet surfing. :( :( :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: Which really sucks because he was fat and healthy and i had gotten him to eat practically anything that was thrown in the tank. Well the rest of my day is ruined...

R.I.P little buddy

5228396062_d327300e01_z.jpg

Well the rest of my day is ruined...

R.I.P little buddy

Sorry brother.

I know that feeling too well. You'll most certainly have to find another one, right?

-D

Archived