Coral Vue Hydros

Hypes Archipelago

Rehype

Do you have any regrets in terms of the 9" height? Are you thinking the 9" will be tall enough for your aquacaping plans? I'm debating between 10" and 12". I like the look of 10" in terms of profile, but I'm wondering if I'll regret not having that extra 2" when corals start to grow out and up.

Thoughts?

look at my tank(sig) I have 10" height and it's more then enough, to tell you the truth I almost with I went 8". The thing with it being so shallow, is that you really really have to use your brain to think of positive ways to use your limited space. Some people may not like it but I love it

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you have any regrets in terms of the 9" height? Are you thinking the 9" will be tall enough for your aquacaping plans? I'm debating between 10" and 12". I like the look of 10" in terms of profile, but I'm wondering if I'll regret not having that extra 2" when corals start to grow out and up.

Thoughts?

Nope not at all (my last tank was only 7" high) I really love the perspective shallow tanks give from the sides as well as from the top. To compensate for the physical height of the tank you can always use shorter rocks in the aquascape. The small rock in the front of my scape would look really cool with a 7" acro growing from it..

+1 to Giga and Hype. I think shallow (<12") tanks can acheive a more dramatic look with less work.

Look at Hypes cube...it looks like an entire Jurrasic Park set went underwater. Huge.

Thanks all. I agree 100% with the aquascaping possibility and challenge and was planning on the same ideas: low rocks, lots of negative space, fewer corals and letting them grow up and together..... Like you guys, I want to create what looks like a mini reef scape.

I think I'll go with 10". Looking at 30"x30"x10".

Also, didn't mean to derail this thread.

Maybe one day I'll try shallow. I'm obsessed with height though. I went for the 60 cube over the 67 long strictly for height. rehype definitely has some skills.

This tank is a beast.....and making me want to finally pull the trigger on a shallow....

Can't wait to see what else you come up with Rehype!

Thanks alot man. :D

Maybe one day I'll try shallow. I'm obsessed with height though. I went for the 60 cube over the 67 long strictly for height. rehype definitely has some skills.

I love what you did with your tank. That aquascape works so well with a tall tank... It would be impossible to pull that off with a shallow tank

Thanks! we should combine our powers and create the ultimate reef!

Im in :D

How does the seahorse do in a 9" tank? I thought they need like 24" in height. What kind is it exactly?

Tanks is looking awesome btw.

Seahorses typically need taller tanks for vertical mating rituals but since shes in there by herself i didnt see why there would be an issue. Ive had for about 7 months and shes doing great. Shes a hippocampus reidi

Thanks alot

damn those are good shots.

Thanks Bitts!

I use the same camera and mainly the stock lens. Love it. I'm heading to pacific east this weekend for a tour and I may have to come home with one of their clams for my rimless.

Archived