ReefCleaners.org

Hypes Archipelago

Rehype

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, hype... why'd you go all t5 instead of going back to a combo fixture?

Mainly because i looked back at some pics of my previous tanks and remembered how much i liked the look of T5's. I also love the all of the bulb options and some of my favorite tanks of all time are lit by T5's. So i figured why not give it a go since ive already tried everything else on this tank.

what combo is that? I just ordered a ATI sunpower 6x24 and Im looking forward to getting back to T5's My acros just dont look right under my LEDs

what combo is that? I just ordered a ATI sunpower 6x24 and Im looking forward to getting back to T5's My acros just dont look right under my LEDs

ATI Blue Plus,Coral Plus,Purple Plus and 6500K

For real? May I please reserve some now? flower.gif

Yep i already have a piece fragged.

Awesome nudi! If they could be fed I'd have a tank dedicated to them :lol:

Noice!

Yea i wish there had been a way to keep him..Definitely the coolest hitchhiker ive ever had.

Thanks animal..Aesthetically this is the best combo ive come up with so far. Since the T5's are dimmable i can truly create any look i want without losing too much PAR.

You seem to keep going back to your t5 lights. I have been thinking of getting a t5 setup for my 120.

Yea i only went back to halides because i missed the shimmer but i guess im just a T5 guy at heart

are those LED moonlights at the front and back of the fixture? I see little blue dots or something there.That 6500k thrown in there make it a bit whiter huh? I need to order some other bulbs so I can play with the color combo's when my ATI arrives.

are those LED moonlights at the front and back of the fixture? I see little blue dots or something there.That 6500k thrown in there make it a bit whiter huh? I need to order some other bulbs so I can play with the color combo's when my ATI arrives.

Nah theyre 2 strips of reefbrite XHO.Each one is roughly equal in PAR to an ATI Blue Plus bulb and add that actinic pop thats unique to LED's. The 6500K makes its a bit brighter,adds some more PAR, and looks very similar to natural sunlight...It totally helps round out the spectrum ive been trying to attain. I definitely recommend getting some other bulbs to help get the look you want.

can you show us how you mounted the strips?

Im probably going to mount 2-4 royal blue leds from rapid led in my fixture. But mostly for moonlights

Hype that light is sick! I'm thinking of going the T5 route as well. I'm i'm pretty sure i'm going to get a pico aquariums ridge 24 too, I really like it. You think I could get away with just using a nano skimmer in the back, cheato and floss in that and be cool with softies, cuc and like 2 fish? I was thinking of going with this lighting http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/produc...5-fixtures.html that should be good for that tank right?

can you show us how you mounted the strips?

Im probably going to mount 2-4 royal blue leds from rapid led in my fixture. But mostly for moonlights

ATIReefbrite.jpg

Hype that light is sick! I'm thinking of going the T5 route as well. I'm i'm pretty sure i'm going to get a pico aquariums ridge 24 too, I really like it. You think I could get away with just using a nano skimmer in the back, cheato and floss in that and be cool with softies, cuc and like 2 fish? I was thinking of going with this lighting http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/produc...5-fixtures.html that should be good for that tank right?

Thanks jf. Thats a sweet tank you could totally fit all of those things in the bank chambers. Chris took all of those things into consideration when he designed those models. Thats a great fixture although if you could dont mind spending extra cash the ATI Sunpower (non-dimmable) version would be a great alternative to the TEK. The TEK lacks the cooling fans which are essential in making the bulbs more efficient by increasing their life and output.

Archived