Coral Vue Hydros

MedRed's 60 Gal Solana XL: The End of an Era

MedRed

Sorry for the loss med. Did they at least include heat packs with your order med? In my last few orders i find that live aquaria doesnt include heat packs when they ship livestock.

Aww that stinks :(

There was a heat pack, but the water felt pretty cold. I had a fighting conch as well that had less water in the bag and the water was warmer. The conch made it just fine. The picture doesn't do it justice. Even in death the color is really pretty orange/red. I was surprised how bright it was. I was expecting it to be brown.

I have a bsj on the way. Luckily it ships from cali and not wisconsin.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That sucks. He was just like mine is. Are they replacing it foe you? Or at least giving a refund of some sort I hope.

They are giving me a refund. There's another one on DD... but it's not as pretty as the one I bought :-(

sorry to hear about your dead goldfish.

-__-

Sorry for the crappy picture, but he wouldn't stay still. I ordered him from LA.

121si7c.jpg

All ceriths are fully functional again. LA refunded me for the Tanaka's wrasse. I ordered the current one. My tailspot blenny finally started eating today.

very healthy looking specimen you have there.

I agree! My LFS had one, but it looked ratty. Before I even opened the bag, I noticed how healthy he looked.

I love the BSJ.

Cant wait for more pictures. Hopefully your next wrasse makes it sorry for the loss Med

I hope so too! I have it set for Saturday Delivery.

Thank's guys! I'm also checking with Doni's Reef for some helmet perculas. I prefer the proportions and overall look of ocellaris to perculas. I've also heard that perculas can be more aggressive than ocellaris. Hopefully it all pans out.

I wasn't going to feed the BSJ today, but he was showing interest in things passing by in the water column. I crossed my fingers hoping he'd eat and not leave a bunch of mysis in the tank. BOY DID HE EAT! What a glutton. The first squirt from the baster, he was afraid of it. The second squirt, he was waiting for food to come out. He eventually ignored me completely and allowed me to move really close to the glass... his complete attention was focused on the floating shrimp in the water column.

This looks like the beginning of a beautiful relationship!

The Tanaka's wrasse arrived today. I opened the box to a familiar feeling... cold water. The BSJ shipped from California and arrived in nice warm water. I pulled the bag out... and looked at it from the bottom. The wrasse was laying on its side :-(.

I tapped the bag and saw movement! I was pretty sure the situation was touchy. I opened the bag, added some prime, and quickly ushered the fish into the acclimate container and started drip acclimation. He was laying on his side most of the time, but would go upright if I moved the container. After 1 hour and 53 minutes of acclimation, he's starting to look lively! Things are looking good!

Pics if he makes it

Went back a few pages and finally found the FTS and it looks awesome. I love the rock work and can't wait to see it when those zoas take off.

Hope he's good. When I got mine he was acting similar and looked much more orange than red. Apparently showing his stressed out colors. I think he'll be ok.

Hope he's good. When I got mine he was acting similar and looked much more orange than red. Apparently showing his stressed out colors. I think he'll be ok.

He made it! I completely forgot to take pictures before I put him in quarantine. He's doing ok. My guy is a lot more brown than red/orange. He's not as pretty as the one DD put up before or after this one.

Once he settles in his color may get brighter. If not feed cyclops or some type of cyclopeze to help bring it's color back. For me this is o e of the best foods to increase natural colors of my fish.

Once he settles in his color may get brighter. If not feed cyclops or some type of cyclopeze to help bring it's color back. For me this is o e of the best foods to increase natural colors of my fish.

good to know. Thanks!

Hey Med, How did you become so decorated?

Vietnam Vet...lol j/k... anything you're interested in?

Med.. you should have a gobies nation like me. lol

LOL I've thought about it.

My Jawfish is a GLUTTON! He is always hungry! My previous jawfish only seemed interested in food once he realized I was feeding. Not this guy... he shows feeding interesting in anything in his vicinity and is not afraid to travel much further to get what he wants. I feel bad for the sexy shrimp once he goes in the DT.

Not only does he want to eat all the time... He eats pellets!!!!!! I was feeding the tailspot blenny some hikari marine S pellets... and the jawfish was snapping them up! Later I thought... maybe he was spitting them out after... there's no way he eats pellets. I tried it again last night and once again... he was eating pellets! Today I tried some hikari micro pellets, and he ate those too!

Archived