Pod Your Reef

MedRed's 60 Gal Solana XL: The End of an Era

MedRed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you wish... Everything is angry and closed at the moment... every hole is filled, one DOA SPS with the dendros.

orqjvk.jpg

bg9oqu.jpg

s6ofaq.jpg

rlcndt.jpg

all but one of these is a zoa/paly...

4tlzzq.jpg

nice frags !

keep a close eye on those eshopps frag racks. I had the long unit...... The wet side magnets were breached in a few months and started rusting :angry: .

nice frags !

keep a close eye on those eshopps frag racks. I had the long unit...... The wet side magnets were breached in a few months and started rusting :angry: .

I don't plan on using them long term. They just need to hold the frags until this weekend.

I want to let everything open up so I can see what they look like and ponder placement.

Ha ha.. thanks Jgpicodop009! This will really help me fill the tank. Now I can just be on the look out for choice pieces. I will need more montipora, acropora, and ricordeas though.

Well at least you bought enough to get free shipping. :lol: :lol:

So how are you planning on mounting them? Cutting the plug or just hoping you find a hole or what?

Looks like you've got a LOT of frags in there!

A few updates...

I was able to snag another gladiator today. I'm going to pair it up with the current gladiator, and offer the mutton chop to a reefer on RC.

I picked up this one: http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/MrsD...ent=Set_2-A.mp4

I'm happy with all of my fish choices. I do wish I would have gone for a little more exotic of a blenny. DD has this Blenny that I totally would have gone for.

lg-0204111-147.jpg

speaking of DD... How about some of these?

lg-0203111-190v-copy.jpg

I added in a little over half of the frags late last night.

xanwc8.jpg

15x4kz9.jpg

2ymskfa.jpg

2hnnnsp.jpg

What's remaining...

332wmeh.jpg

The dip in CoralRX took all of the color out of the SPS. They were fine after acclimating, but they came out bleached out of the CoralRX. Luckily, I read a thread recently where the same thing happened to someone else, and their SPS colored back up after awhile. They have good polyp extension at the moment, so I'm hoping I'll be as lucky.

ndu0qa.jpg

2573o8i.jpg

It seems like my pom poms are always preggers. You can make out the orange eggs. Also, my sweet new green feather duster is to the left.

j794q1.jpg

I'm guessing this porcelain anemone crab is getting ready to molt. It's colors have gotten really dark lately.

6548z5.jpg

lastly... my new anemone shrimp. I have two

286w5x.jpg

a little anecdote... My clam kept falling off of the pedestal. At first it'd be fine for most of the day, then a few hours, and then it'd be off the pedestal 15 minutes after I replaced it. I, of course, was getting frustrated that I couldn't orient it in a way it would be satisfied with.

Well while I was placing frags in the tank last night, I placed the clam on the pedestal. Moments later, Mr. BSJ decides to push it off with his mouth! That little bugger! I set it back on this morning and set up the camera. The clam has been on the pedestal all day long. GRRR!!!! Mr. BSJ outwits me again.

Daym Med, just had to out do the rest of us. man i am so happy for you. i might move to cali in a couple years.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

lol. Thanks D. I'm just doing the same thing we all are... making a our little area of the reef. Stay away from cali... the only thing good here is the weather. lol.

Thats a heck of alot of frags to mount med..Love all the diversity in your tank.

Thanks rehype. I'm all for mixing things up.

wow, lot's of frags. and nice ones, too. now all they have to do is grow.

thanks... yes sir. I will take pics at least once a month after it's fully stocked.

Do the spots! Oh and do you want the rest of my stock list as well? ( : JK awesome choices love the clowns too.

lol. thanks jeffro

Hey Med! Love the new corals you got!

Was this an online source, which one?

Do you dip all your coral in the CoralRX? What do you do for acclimation? I heard some people don't acclimate after dipping but some do...

Hey Med! Love the new corals you got!

Was this an online source, which one?

Do you dip all your coral in the CoralRX? What do you do for acclimation? I heard some people don't acclimate after dipping but some do...

Thanks 125!

I got most of them from Mr. Coral and several pieces from vivid aquariums (my LFS)

I dip all corals in revive. I drip acclimate first (airline tubing with a cheap airline valve at the end), and then add Coral RX after the acclimation process is over. The frags go straight from the CoralRX and into the tank after that.

As you wish... Everything is angry and closed at the moment... every hole is filled, one DOA SPS with the dendros.

orqjvk.jpg

bg9oqu.jpg

s6ofaq.jpg

rlcndt.jpg

all but one of these is a zoa/paly...

4tlzzq.jpg

Holy ####! So jealous... :angry::P

I won't ask how much such an order cost...

Are those orange frags in the third picture all dendros?

Holy ####! So jealous... :angry::P

I won't ask how much such an order cost...

Are those orange frags in the third picture all dendros?

lol. Thanks Ranko! You'd be surprised how much they cost ;-)... Mr. Coral is the bomb. Yes the orange frags are all dendros. They've yet to extend themselves since added to the tank, but they look like they really want to.

Med, you have done an amazing job with this tank in all areas.

You sure did a went all out on your order lol. But it's all good.

Med, you have done an amazing job with this tank in all areas.

You sure did a went all out on your order lol. But it's all good.

lol. Thanks redneecoral!

I don't have much to report. I only ended up using half of the zoas. My dendros are starting to poke out a little more each night. The CoralRx bleached SPS are recovering (but ugly brown).

The Red Spot Cardinalfish came in, but I am going to sell them. They are a little too generic looking, and their size/activity doesn't fit scale of the tank. I also got in the new gladiator picasso clownfish. lastly... I spent an hour trying to catch the tail spot blenny to replace him with a little cooler looking blenny. I was finally successful, but I feel bad for the little buddy. he didn't do anything wrong, yet he's getting replaced :-(.

My jawfish spends a LOT of time outside of his house. He is completely unfazed by my presence, and will even swim up to me. He hasn't made any burrows anywhere else, and will retreat to his main house if feels threatened. I'd probably say he spends half of his time hanging outside of his house. I caught earlier today exploring the frag racks. I added a couple of feather dusters. I was covering the tubes with sand and happened to look up and see him checking out what I was doing. I think I really got lucky with with my jawfish. It's also funny to watch him interact with the other fish. He will threaten them with his open mouth if they are in his area... He does something my last jawfish didn't do. He'll puff water at the fish push them away. It's cute with the little clowns as they are so tiny.

Archived