Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nanoreefnate.. charity...

JohnOTS

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Received my package this morning. The frag was broken up into 3 pieces, but I'm not complaining one bit. It was alive and well (at least in the sense of having it's color still), and is now glued to LR rubble and sitting in my tank.

I wasn't expecting it to come in so soon. I wouldn't think that USPS Priority would only take 2 days from California to Florida. It takes just as long to get from Miami to Tallahassee with Priority, and sometimes takes 2 weeks to get things with Smartpost from Drs. Foster and Smith.

Thanks again.

hope the doubters receive their's and give him a little credit for coming through.,..especially since I constantly see threads where adults duck out on less money involved.

Just got mine about 10min ago, and it's looking good. Had 2 small pieces that broke off the main piece that I stuck in other spots.

4999344948_26af3e7a45_z.jpg

Watch out with putting the stunner just below your Acro. I was at my LFS one morning when their stunner had it's sweepers out, and they were longer than I expected them to be.

I received my frags today. For a $30 donation, I received beautiful frags of montipora and chalice. The frags arrived broken, but some of the pieces are still good sized, and I am optimistic that the smaller ones will survive. In short, I received some very nice corals for relatively little money.

Like some other persons who engaged in this transaction, I worried at times that Nate had gotten himself in over his head. It seemed to me, though, that a young man who was willing to ride his bike for Best Buddies must be a pretty good person at heart, the kind of person who would do as best he could to make things right.

Nate, I'm sure you've learned some painful lessons through this experience, but I hope when all is said and done, you are able to look back with pride at the charity you aided with your time, energy, and expense and at the reefkeepers who you hooked up in the process.

If you ever again decide to sells corals for charity, I won't hesitate to sign up. Congrats on your ride.

Forgot to say something.

I know some people have written emails to the charity to "inform" them that Nate was giving away frags for donations, and that you haven't received your coral or any updates from Nate. I think the least you can do when you get your coral is write another letter to the charity to say that Nate has delivered on his promise.

Also, I don't have any experience in shipping coral, but I will donate a frag or two if Nate and Fishes4Alivin can't deliver on the auction corals. I don't have any of the same coral that was up for auction, but I plan on fragging a head of my frogspawn and a piece of a Miami Orchid Acro in a few weeks. I also split a few ricordeas (FL and Yuma) the other week, so I can add those too.

im glad for all of you who have gotten your corals today and i will be too once mine arrives but it hasnt and there was an entire household here all day today so i know somebody was home

Tool, as much crying as both of you did.

^ pretty much, man.

LOL, you two girls bring me sooo much entertainment. I am grateful you felt the need to put your oh so “valuable" 2 cents in this thread...

Archived