SaltCritters.com

Nanoreefnate.. charity...

JohnOTS

As advised by a moderator...

"

'In his pocket'? LOL

The proper way to go about this is to start a feedback thread in the feedback forum. Post the simple facts and go from there. *thumbs up*

"

Simple facts.

Many reefers here on nano reef were dooped into donating money for coral to a charity that Nanoreefnate was participating in. Nanoreefnate raised over a thousand dollars for his charity and now all who was owed coral is left out to dry.

More Simple facts.

Nanoreefnate has been logging into his account day after day and ignoring all the people who gave him money…

Anyone who is owed coral from Nanoreefnate please post here, we need to keep a log of who got screwed by this kid.

Now if this thread is to be closed. Please do us all the favor and explain why. Please.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'donating money for coral' sounds a lot like you were just buying corals.

Just something I noticed. *shrug*

How many days has passed since he promised the corals?

But it's the principal of the matter, Lalani. He promised corals that were not delivered nor is he sending out any sort of reply saying what is going on. He is taking the money and running so to speak. If he just wanted donations without any intent of sending corals in return, he should have said so originally.

Just something I noticed. *shrug*

How many days has passed since he promised the corals?

here is a brief (not really :)) summary.

The fundraiser he started began on Aug 26, 2010 and our gifts were to have shipped out 9/1/2010, didn't happen as per this post http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=2992906 . Then he proceeded to ignore everyone's requests for updates for a few days....er a week actually. then one day popped in saying he was going to be shipping everything on 9/8/2010 as per this post http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=3003387 . Here we are 5 days past the last time he said he was shipping per this post http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=3004969 . Additionally, he also had a fundraising auction to further the growth of his donation, with nothing shipped in this thread http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry2989117 . This is just on one forum, if you did a quick google search for "nanoreefnate", you will see this isn't the only forums this was done on.

Here is his member profile, which he just spent an hour logged in on, with no updates for any of us. http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showuser=32981

uh, start reading more. lalani asked for us to open the thread.

Uh, no I didn't. Reading comprehension.

But anyway, I'm not getting in the middle of this. Try to act like level-headed adults. Heh.

uh, start reading more. lalani asked for us to open the thread.

Your a moron. You both started the same kind of thread in the feedback forums. Nate should live up to the promise of the corals. You guys were supposedly donating to the charity. So you guys just REALLY wanted the corals and not truly donate to the cause.

:thumbs up:

So you guys trusted a teenager to cover the shipping of corals (which usually means overnight, aka expensive) to hundreds of people, just so he gets $10 for his charity from each person? If the money was going to charity, that means he got none of it, and that the shipping would be coming completely out of his own pocket....seems pretty unbelievable to me...

So you guys trusted a teenager to cover the shipping of corals (which usually means overnight, aka expensive) to hundreds of people, just so he gets $10 for his charity from each person? If the money was going to charity, that means he got none of it, and that the shipping would be coming completely out of his own pocket....seems pretty unbelievable to me...

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&start=0

Okay down to the goods, I will provide anyone who donates $10 to my donation page (located here; http://www.HCChallenge2010.org/reefnate ) a good sized piece of the chalice or montipora pictured below. Just send me a message with your shipping info and ill confirm you have donated and will then send you an approximately 3x3 inch piece. Thanks for you support! -Nate

believe it.

Uh, no I didn't. Reading comprehension.

yes you did

I donated for the charity. Coral was an added bonus which I assumed was going to be shipping priority, only costing around 5 bucks. The whole thing became more realistic when he said his dad was involved.

I don't feel dooped however I wish he could have just said the coral was not going to happen instead of wasting the time of those on this site. Apparently it really bothered some people and it could have been avoided easily.

I donated for the charity. Coral was an added bonus which I assumed was going to be shipping priority, only costing around 5 bucks. The whole thing became more realistic when he said his dad was involved.

I don't feel dooped however I wish he could have just said the coral was not going to happen instead of wasting the time of those on this site. Apparently it really bothered some people and it could have been avoided easily.

as i said before, i am personally not asking for any money to be returned to me, it's the principle.

I can say hi to him lol. He's within a few hours of me...Don't know all the details but seems like anyone unhappy should just get their money back and let bygones be bygones =\

Nate should live up to the promise of the corals. You guys were supposedly donating to the charity. So you guys just REALLY wanted the corals and not truly donate to the cause.

But wasn't that the idea for the whole coral donation for charity thread?????????? You don't make any sense here. You slash people for donating money for a coral to help a charity, yet that was the whole entire reason for the donation, as said by Nate himself. If he just wanted donations he should have said so originally but that was not the case. He took the money and has yet to tell anyone what is really going on. I guess you are right, they should have never expected a coral in return for their donation, since that was never promised.

Not to mention the corals that were "won" in the auction, let's just forget about those one's. An auction that was for the corals, whoever won those must be really happy.

Yeah, do violence to the teenager. Good idea.

"But but judge! He stole my charity donation and didn't send me my corals!"

cry moar.

lol .. Seems like the kid tried and made a real effort in whatever he was supporting. Give him a little credit for that. 99% of kids won't get off the couch to help around the house let alone a cause for someone else.. (I remember reading his post but don't remember the details)

LMAO...according to my "reading comprehension" level, it would appear that Lalani informed you of the proper way to handle this. At no time did she tell you to go and open this thread. In fact she suggested that you wait a few more days to see what pans out. But hey thats just me.

'In his pocket'? LOL

The proper way to go about this is to start a feedback thread in the feedback forum. Post the simple facts and go from there. *thumbs up* Of course, waiting for a few more days wouldn't hurt anybody.

Your a moron. You both started the same kind of thread in the feedback forums. Nate should live up to the promise of the corals. You guys were supposedly donating to the charity. So you guys just REALLY wanted the corals and not truly donate to the cause.

Lets understand this here. I only donated to get the corals, yes that is correct. I would have not donated to that charity without the corals, yes. Would I go out and by a purple cap, no.

But because I was "buying" coral and it going to charity I decided to do so.

By the way some of us asked Nate if he wanted help with shipping costs outside of the auction and he said NO.

So don't try and tell us he didn't understand the cost of shipping.....

Something happened here but I'm not quite sure what :)

A donation is a gift given by physical or legal persons, typically for charitable purposes and/or to benefit a cause.

A sale is the pinnacle activity involved in the selling products or services in return for money or other compensation.

A raffle is a competition in which people buy numbered tickets, each ticket having the chance of winning a prize.

An auction is a process of buying and selling goods or services by offering them up for bid, taking bids, and then selling the item to the highest bidder.

Robbery is the crime of taking or attempting to take something of value by force or threat of force and/or by putting the victim in fear.

Thanks .... :) and whats your address? you do want a frag right? :) and alright awesome :)

Thanks again! :D

Hey there, very worthy cause. I donated $XXX and my name is ..... XXXXX :) If you would like help with the shipping, let me know.

enjoy the ride!

A pm nate and i shared.

i am done on the subject here. i proved what i needed to for my own satisfaction.

Speaking of charities, these are the only 2 charities I personally make annual donations to:

Disabled American Veterans Charitable Service Trust

Humane Society of NY

I use charitynavigator.org as a guide to finding the best & most efficient causes that I would support. BestBuddies happens to be highly rated according to CN. Kudos to Nate for supporting it...if this is all legit in the first place.

Archived