inTank Media Baskets

Nanoreefnate.. charity...

JohnOTS

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nice, wfiki.

Also, FTR Gimme is a 36 y.o. man. All that from a 36 y.o man. LOL.

You know gimme, I hope your child(ren) try to do something cool one day, and #### it up because they didn't properly estimate the work involved, and then a grown man verbally attacks and belittles them on the internet. I hope that happens.

As far as people "acting like cavemen", that could have all been avoided by taking 5 minutes to add some type of reply saying "I'm working on it, sorry for the delay". His excuse was that he was googling words for homework and Nano Reef tabs got lost in about 20 other tabs he had on his browser. So it is kind of odd that a 16 year old kid has 20 different tabs, all being homework? I think not. Also, he could have just closed those tabs and logged on here, took 5 minutes to just say something, anything to let people know he was still alive and coming through with the deal he had made. A lot of this crap could have been avoided by a simple 5 minute post instead of absolute silence for like a week.

As far as "but but but there donating for the cause!". How can you make fun of others for something Nate started? It was his intent to "donate" corals for the cause. If he had just wanted donations than he should/would have done so from the beginning. But he did not, the whole point of donating money was to get something in return. So the people who donated are to blame for someone's lack of communication and overall unorganized mess? How were they supposed to know he would disappear for a week? You think a quick post every day or two would have avoided this whole mess? I think so. Lack of communication was a huge factor in this whole thing, but yes, blame the people who "donated for the cause" for that, it's completely their fault.

Some people need to get off their high horse, because frankly your friends might enjoy your comments, but others on NR don't need to hear your two cents on every thread, their just too scared to get banned to say so.

actually, people "acting like cavemen" could have been avoided by those people growing the #### up.

Another N-R feedback thread where everyone jumps on the accused so fast it becomes 5 pages and by the end you all look like children.

Nice stack of boxes, you should burn them, film it, post on youtube then link here. I would donate to that cause.

Some people need to get off their high horse, because frankly your friends might enjoy your comments, but others on NR don't need to hear your two cents on every thread, their just too scared to get banned to say so.

But Montipora,

That is why we are on nano-reef so we can hear others so very valuable opinions in business that has nothing to do with them. Maybe I have a little “growing” up to do, but at least I have a fu**ing life…. Oh wait having a high post count on nano-reef means I have a life right….

LOLOL… wait am I going to get banned now…..

All I know is that bashing someone, any seller at that rate, for not responding within 'x' days is a little ridiculous. If it's been a week, two weeks, sure...Then something is obviously amiss. You really don't need a play by play of the guy's life. Yes, it'd be nice if PMs were replied to but big deal. There's no obligation. Deal was made so let the deal come through and if it doesn't then proceed accordingly. Don't know any of you or the mods lol but ditch the mob mentality that just wants to grill someone for the sake of grilling them...

In my opinion you guys are the ones acting like kids. You made a donation and you are entitled to nothing besides the good feeling knowing your money went to some sort of cause. The fact is, the coral was extra and you did not buy or purchase anything. Keep in mind that all of the expenses are going to be on Nate. If and when you received these corals you should recognize that they are donations made to you and be grateful.

Some of the people who are posing in this thread should be ashamed. Just because your on the internet and feel a sense of anonymity does not give you free roam to be a buffoon. Be accountable for your actions and behavior. Would you say the same things if you went to a cancer rally hosted by the red cross and they did not give you a lolly pop?

Take a step back and take a look, your'e better than this so start acting like it.

In my opinion, the only real basis to feel butthurt is a legal one. I think it's perfectly okay for them to want the shipper's end of the bargain upheld. However, as has been said several times in this thread, they have no real recourse when dealing with children. So... cover your basis or feel like a chump imo

Would you say the same things if you went to a cancer rally hosted by the red cross and they did not give you a lolly pop?

I am not agreeing with or endorsing anything, but I think the argument is that the red cross, when asked for the lolly pop, just ignored the person that just put a few bucks in the donation jar. The red cross could easily say, "We just ran out of lolly pops.", or "A new box of lolly pops will be here in 15 min, this box is empty." Some people at the rally would get upset until they have some sort of understanding of what is going on. Mixing in the internet and the cloud of partial anonymity unfortunately amplifies tempers, shortens conversation, and leads to absurd threads of incredible length.

For whatever it's worth, I can tell you that as a parent, making promises to discipline my children, or reward them for their actions are equally important. If a threat is made for a disciplinary action, then I better follow through or my credibility is done. Same thing goes for a positive activity that is promised, if I don't follow through then my credibility is gone.

On a side note; It's funny to see how things go down across the distance of the internet, I used to run a large BBS that had about 500 users, with a community of 50-75 very active users. Posting was slow and limited, so the arguments had a very sharp tone to them. Needless to say, lots of negative things were said and people got upset; however, the interesting thing is, people were able to work it out in about 5 min every time the community came together for an outing in the real world.

I think it would take about 5 min or less in the real world to solve this one as well.

I agree that people should at this point refrain from making any more "points" and reset to back to the original day of the deal. Everyone seem to have good intentions and let's not lose sight of the fact that if everyone holds up their end...the charity wins, the donators win and nate wins.

Bad communication was the problem ... no one went into this trying to be a d**k. I applaud everyone for giving and contributing to a worthwhile cause.

I would say that more than half of the people here who are posting are very logical and are looking at this constructively. My retort was more directed to those few who were responding very harshly. I understand the frustration with the lack of communication. The funny thing is when people start getting frags you just know these threads are going to be full of happy reefers as if nothing had ever happened.

I think that the best thing you can do is to stop reading these threads if they are making you emotional and just to sit back and be excited when something arrives at your door.

Grab a beer and watch some football, thats what I would do.... Well .. thats pretty much what I do anyways.

Starting a charity for empty wallet disease, please paypal me $5 and ill send you a frag of whatever you want!

You jest but if someone started a donate me frags thread, I think there would be people who would.

I think the argument that they shouldn't expect anything is pretty dumb. Nate posted saying give $$ and get corals. Do they have any legal recourse, maybe not, but it was essentially a sale and Nate should be expected to honor it. People were giving money for corals. The charity was just where Nate wanted his proceeds to go, and add a little extra incentive.

As for the lack of communication, it was pretty irresponsible to not take 5 minutes to post an update. We've all been in school (at least I have) and saying that you can't spare 5 minutes to post an update is not believable to me.

Lastly, I am interested to see if these things show up in good shape or not. I found it odd that originally Nate was planning to box them up the night before shipping them (priority?), which seems like a bad way to go. If everyone recieves a bag of dead coral, no one is going to be happy.

i am happy to see that the corals will be shipping out/have already shipped out

but i stand by my previous messages because it had been a week since his last post which said he was shipping out corals the next day so 7 days later nobody had any packages and he was not replying to PMs or making a message in either thread. i know that when i was 16 and 17 i had a job(30hrs a week) plus was taking college courses in HS that i had to study for and i still had time to go out with my car club, check the car forums, and relax. so i dont see how it would have been that hard to take 5min to check his thread and tell everyone what was going on.

also i stand by my original comment saying i will help pay for the shipping of my package since i have auction corals too that are coming. just PM me a paypal and ill send ya some money to help with the shipping

Only one way to find out. Wait patiently by your door.

I think I am going to set my age as something completely different than my actual age (16). Because its pretty obvious that a large portion of the members here show kids in general no respect. Only one way to learn at the school of hard knocks, and thats to make a big ass mistake. My dad believes I should try something instead of being told how to do it. Didnt work very well when he was teaching me to weld, but thats beside the point.

So I am now luckydud, a 37 year old Capricorn who enjoys Internet Chatrooms and Solitare.

Oh boy, buisness time.

So I am now luckydud, a 37 year old Capricorn who enjoys Internet Chatrooms and Solitare.

Oh boy, buisness time.

Sweet, I enjoy long walks to the pub, where a beer bong awaits. :lol:

Archived