Coral Vue Hydros

UWWMatt's 25G CADlight

uwwmatt

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank Video

Here's a short video of my tank. The iphone doesn't do a great job of capturing video with the LED lighting, so the color shows up as significantly more blue in the video than it is in real life.

My new 40G water storage tank arrived. It has a bulkhead near the bottom on the other side so I can hook up a spigot. The plan is to build a stand and keep it in my office closet by my tank so I don't have to continue to lug 5 gallon buckets up and down stairs, and I don't have to have my RO/DI running in my laundry room constantly.

My question for you all is: Should I use it for premade salt water, or just fresh water? If I use it for salt water, would I have to leave a pump mixing in it constantly, or could I just use one while I initially mix it up, remove it, and then add it back again right before my water change?

IMG_7354.jpg

Yo Matt, sick tank. Is that Crocea just on the sand or is it attached to a rock?

Thanks.

The clam is attached to a small frag disc about the size of a silver dollar, and then just buried in the sand.

My new 40G water storage tank arrived. It has a bulkhead near the bottom on the other side so I can hook up a spigot. The plan is to build a stand and keep it in my office closet by my tank so I don't have to continue to lug 5 gallon buckets up and down stairs, and I don't have to have my RO/DI running in my laundry room constantly.

My question for you all is: Should I use it for premade salt water, or just fresh water? If I use it for salt water, would I have to leave a pump mixing in it constantly, or could I just use one while I initially mix it up, remove it, and then add it back again right before my water change?

IMG_7354.jpg

You should get one more so you have salt and fresh, lol.

I think once the SW is mixed it is Ok to store, but I'm not real sure????

Where did you get it?????

Finally got around to ordering the overflow and return for my ADA tank. Its getting DRILLED omgomgomg

Its been almost a year ago that I bought this thing and it still hasn't touched a drop of water. Sad :tears:

IMG_5638.jpg

Woo! Are you transferring everything over to the ADA at some point?

That's been the plan. I'll probably have to part with a few things since the dimensions of this tank are a bit smaller.

what overflow are you going with?

I went with the nano overflow from glass-holes.

ADA plus the Nano Box unit. Looking forward to this...

-Dave

Me too, I'm shooting for having it all running by Christmas. The only thing that might delay me is if I go for a custom built cabinet.

Thanks!!!!! I was looking for a tall, skinny storage tank that could fit in a rarely used shower I have.

I think they are actually located out of Texas, maybe you'll catch a break on shipping. I think I paid like $70 for the tank and $40 for shipping.

• 5 weeks later...

My co-worker walked by as I was looking at the last pic. She was all "AWW How Cute! They're Kissing!" And I said "No, no.... They're gonna try and rip each other's jaw off" Her response was literally... "Well thats not very nice, Someone should stop them!" {sigh} -_-

-pinner

hows the ada coming?

I plan to drill it over the weekend. I am having a problem deciding if I should place the plumbing on one of the short sides, and set it up more like a peninsula tank. That would allow unobstructed viewing though both of the long sides. It just seems like it would be a waste of that beautiful glass to drill the longer side and paint it black.

Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived