Innovative Marine Aquariums

UWWMatt's 25G CADlight

uwwmatt

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks awesome Matt. Hope you are enjoying the light still!

-Dave

Thanks Dave. Your light is still working great. I would happily recommend it to anyone looking for an LED setup.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
SouthFlorida_Tron

ok, no lying, i due miss having my SLR.... but a luxury i couldn't afford to keep in a cabinet for weeks at a time just to put cool pics on this website lol...sorry NR

Unbelievable growth in 4 years.

Without a doubt my favorite LPS dominated nano tank I have ever seen. Simply stunning.

Congratulations on your second TOTM! Your tank most definitely earned it :happy:

Paleoreef103

Your tank is my favorite "proof of concept" tank. You pretty much proved that you don't need rare corals and fish or crazy amounts of equipment to make a truly stunning display. Bravo!

What kind of filtration are you using? Is it still just the AC20 with media basket and no skimmer?

You mentioned you dose calcium. Do you ever test for it or have you just worked into a routine? Do you dose anything else like iodine?

Thanks everyone.

What kind of filtration are you using? Is it still just the AC20 with media basket and no skimmer?

You mentioned you dose calcium. Do you ever test for it or have you just worked into a routine? Do you dose anything else like iodine?

No skimmer. The tank has three chambers built into the back. There's a few handfuls of bioballs in the first chamber. My plan was to make a filter basket and remove the bioballs but that never happened. I put filter floss and carbon over the top of them.

I have a two part solution I dose once a week. I wouldn't recommend this, but I don't ever test my tanks for anything. In five years, and as many tanks, I've never had an issue as far as I can tell.

Thanks everyone.

No skimmer. The tank has three chambers built into the back. There's a few handfuls of bioballs in the first chamber. My plan was to make a filter basket and remove the bioballs but that never happened. I put filter floss and carbon over the top of them.

I have a two part solution I dose once a week. I wouldn't recommend this, but I don't ever test my tanks for anything. In five years, and as many tanks, I've never had an issue as far as I can tell.

Whats in the other 2 chambers, or is it just the floss bioballs and carbon?

I've been doing 20% wc every week. After reading this thread I might just consider cutting back a bit. Your tank is truly beautiful. Can you say what the 2 part solution is? Did you start doing that because of the clams?

Whats in the other 2 chambers, or is it just the floss bioballs and carbon?

I've been doing 20% wc every week. After reading this thread I might just consider cutting back a bit. Your tank is truly beautiful. Can you say what the 2 part solution is? Did you start doing that because of the clams?

Thank you,

I'm doing 20% water changes every week, that's probably one thing I wouldn't change. I am dosing because of my clam and LPS, but in a very small amount. I think its like 10cc a week or something. Whatever the smallest dosage is I forget.

Here is a crude drawing of the back of the tank. Originally I ran a tunze 9002 skimmer in the middle chamber but I never got it to collect anything more than clear water so I gave up on it about a year ago or more. I know a lot of biocube owners put rubble and cheato back there. Rubble seems pointless to me on such a small scale, and my experience with cheato in and AIO is that it breaks off pieces and clugs your return pump. I did use that middle chamber to banish a irritating hermit crab, so there are a few piece of liverock for him to crawl around on.

Capture-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived