UWWMatt's 25G CADlight

uwwmatt

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone

Are you sure that is not a neon basketball? :P

-Dave

What can I say Dave, it likes the Nanobox LEDs you built me!

Thanks Matt. When you are not busy would you be willing to write a small review of the unit? As well as a few new photos?

-Dave

Thanks Matt. When you are not busy would you be willing to write a small review of the unit? As well as a few new photos?

-Dave

Sure thing, you get that new website built yet?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been away for 3 weeks for work, and my wife has been taking care of the tank. Looks like she didn't feed it enough and my springer's damsel died. =(

• 1 month later...

Simply awesome. Hopefully it will be OK.

It should be fine, it happened a few days ago and things look more or less normal. Now I just have two hammer basketballs instead of one. Actually 2 other 10+ head frags came off too while I was moving things around but you wouldn't notice. I tucked one in the back and one is under that toadstool.

9729199084_4c2f127780_c.jpg

I really love this tank, would be awesome to see a quick video ;) . Do you do anything special to get your hammers to grow so crazy?!

I'll upload a video tomorrow. I just got a new camera tonight so it will give me some practice.

Time is the only secret. I've had that hammer for 6 year. It took a long time for it to grow from a single head to two, but each year with the addition of more and more heads it seems to grow exponentially. I'm sure if I had a large enough tank and would have fragged it a few times it would be twice as large as it is now.

I'll upload a video tomorrow. I just got a new camera tonight so it will give me some practice.

Time is the only secret. I've had that hammer for 6 year. It took a long time for it to grow from a single head to two, but each year with the addition of more and more heads it seems to grow exponentially. I'm sure if I had a large enough tank and would have fragged it a few times it would be twice as large as it is now.

New camera?! Yea lets see that footage. What'd you get?

• 2 weeks later...

S W E E T

You must know- by stumbling across this thread while sipping coffee early this morning waiting for the family to wake up, I feel like I've just met my childhood hero.

Perhaps that's a bit overly dramatic, but I've seen pictures of this tank without ever knowing you had a thread here on NR. In fact, without sounding too much like a crazy web stalker, I have a confession to make. Your clown fish and hammer photo you have in your signature I have as my computer wallpaper from searching through google images about a year ago. Please don't sue me!

Any how, again, this tank is absolutely stunning! Great work!

What part of WI are you in? If you're near the WI IL state line, and ever frag that hammer, I would love to grab a piece from you!

S W E E T

You must know- by stumbling across this thread while sipping coffee early this morning waiting for the family to wake up, I feel like I've just met my childhood hero.

Perhaps that's a bit overly dramatic, but I've seen pictures of this tank without ever knowing you had a thread here on NR. In fact, without sounding too much like a crazy web stalker, I have a confession to make. Your clown fish and hammer photo you have in your signature I have as my computer wallpaper from searching through google images about a year ago. Please don't sue me!

Any how, again, this tank is absolutely stunning! Great work!

What part of WI are you in? If you're near the WI IL state line, and ever frag that hammer, I would love to grab a piece from you!

Thanks, I'm in Madison. When I finally get around to changing tanks I'm sure I could get you a frag or two. Do you make it up this way very often? The local Madison reef club has a pretty good frag swap usually in January or February.

http://www.madisonreef.com/index.php

Archived