Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished unpacking my order from live-plants, I'm so excited! The Sargassum species is the coolest! And the Galaxia is so pretty :wub:

I'll get a FTS after I put the macros in

• Like 1

Here's a cell phone pic...sorry I was moving stuff around to make room but my Leaffish got kinda annoyed. It looks better irl, plus the water level is a little low cause of acclimation

IMAG1919-1-1.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys, the three new macros really added variety in shapes

The leaffish keeps deciding he doesn't like the codium on the left side of the tank so I'm going to have to do some pruning and move things around

Also, I found some eggs on the new palm caulerpa, I'm excited for whatever they hatch into! :D (I'm hoping nudis)

I've been wanting to get pics with my actual camera but it might have to wait until after midterms :(

Found some other type of eggs, also on my palm caulerpa

IMG_4475.png

Sorry for all these blurry macro shots, I left my tripod in the car and I'm too lazy to go get it :lol:

• Like 1

Ok, last handheld macro. I just think my leaf fish's eyes are so cool/weird, they're not black like most fish, it's hard to pin down the color cause they're reflective

IMG_450222.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks!

I trimmed a couple of my macros the other day, there's much more space in the tank now. I took out most of the codium, almost all of the gracilaria, some palm caulerpa, sargassum, etc.

Now I just need some more caulerpa prolifera..

Leaf fish are the coolest. Both in looks and in personality!

jedimasterben

I can't seem to keep codium alive and growing. it'll remain the same size for a while, then snap off of its holdfast and disappear. :/

Click on the image to go to the video

My Leaf Fish eating a pellet (don't worry he got more ;))

th_VIDEO0060.jpg

Really the only tricky part is getting the pellets to fall right in front of his face

I can't seem to keep codium alive and growing. it'll remain the same size for a while, then snap off of its holdfast and disappear. :/

Can you tell me more about the conditions of the tank that it's in?

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Can you tell me more about the conditions of the tank that it's in?

I've tried it in various places in my fuge (flow from the main return pump and from a Koralia 4), lighting varies from ~800 PAR down to ~300 depending on how close it is to the center of the light beam. It's also lived in my main tank, from 200-500 PAR, and flow ranging from low to high from Vortechs. Only macro that does well in the display is blue ochtodes, all the rest usually end up breaking off and making their way back to the fuge.

I've tried it in various places in my fuge (flow from the main return pump and from a Koralia 4), lighting varies from ~800 PAR down to ~300 depending on how close it is to the center of the light beam. It's also lived in my main tank, from 200-500 PAR, and flow ranging from low to high from Vortechs. Only macro that does well in the display is blue ochtodes, all the rest usually end up breaking off and making their way back to the fuge.

If I were to guess, I'd say not enough nutrients if it just kinda "melts" away

LMK when you do a trim again. I'm interested in the macro with the yellow bubbles and of course ochtodes,

I'm assuming you mean the Sargassum? I did trim some pieces and put them in a different system. The Sargassum came in the smelliest, so there's some die off. I can see new growth but maybe you want to wait until it's settled in more?

I'm not sure where my ochtodes went but mine was never a shiny blue, it was more of a darker purple-red

Yoshii, do you have a source for C. prolifera? I have quite a bit of it.

L

Live-plants has it in stock again, but I don't want to do an order with just one thing :/

My leaf fish "shed" today! Or possibly yesterday, I only noticed while cleaning the back of the tank

Anyways, not too much to update about the tank, I finished midterms (and now I'm on spring break yay) so I do plan on taking more pictures of the new macros and stuff

I'm really loving the palm caulerpa, it's doing it's dieoff-and-regrow thing, but it really adds such a nice bright green to the tank :)

• Like 1