Innovative Marine Aquariums

ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Aquanist

Fed some cyclop-eeze today and decided to take a few pictures as my Australomussa sp (1st pic) was acting out all nice and stuff..

Again - pictures are straight from my camera. No adjustments or anything done!

b7f22139.jpg

b8ce8f7f.jpg

818d08f7.jpg

6e21d156.jpg

c609c9df.jpg

922f761f.jpg

b26b87ab.jpg

f69fda19.jpg

50f89dd5.jpg

8e6b3dda.jpg

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I thank you for your comments - as always. Next time I think I'll do some touch-ups with aperture3. Not that I personally wouldn't like these too.. Maybe even use my tripod as I thus far haven't.

NewZealandReefie

Stunning colours. Love your anthias, they're beautiful fish.

I've gotta go buy a tripod for my new camera but after buying the camera and some other stuff last weekend I'm a little broke for a bit heh.

Thanks SoCalDude and Dirty Joe!

Yea, there's some sweet sweet SPS loving in the water.. Not that the LPS wouldn't receive the very same TLC as the SPS. :happy:

Tank is now almost through it's 1st year and after the initial 6 first startup months it has really started to grow in. I've even had to frag some acros to make space for them as they started their border clashes. Wouldn't it be nice if all corals were equally fast growers and suited for war.

WOW! :eek:

Got meself a new NO3 testkit today and measured my nitrates.

I got 0.2ppm. Retested 0.2ppm. Tested with my old kit 0.2ppm.

So I guess the biopellets really do work. They are in good tumbling motion with exit flow directly to skimmer intake.

NewZealandReefie

Mmm purdy reef.

I'm still jealous of your Anthias :P . I'm hoping one day I see a couple of females so our Maui can have some company.

I'm still jealous of your Anthias :P . I'm hoping one day I see a couple of females so our Maui can have some company.

Yeah you should get him some girlies to play with. The male behaviour changed instantly when I added my feminine trio into the tank. Dow he's flashing his fins all the time.

Awesome tank. What are the dimensions on it. Water changes must cost you a pretty penny I would think.

Thanks Jedidad jk.gif

Tha tank is 140x70x55cm or roughly 56x28x22 inches.

Actually my weekly waterchange is 15 gallons, so it doesn't cost that much. Plus I get my salt in 25kg buckets.

Took some pictures of my very first mobile inhabitant today..

Let me present you - El PISTOLERO! Alpheus sp?

I got him as a hitchiker with my very first piece of LR ever, and the little guy is going on strong as ever..

Today he dwells in my sump and has a nice mound house made of a neon yellow sponge that has grown into front glass.. Which is good for me as it very well could have chosen a hundred other places I would have no sight into whatsoever.. But hey - here's the pictures:

44e5c8d8.jpg

c1910eaf.jpg

e9e0acbb.jpg

b52e27c9.jpg

Took some pictures of my very first mobile inhabitant today..

Let me present you - El PISTOLERO! Alpheus sp?

I got him as a hitchiker with my very first piece of LR ever, and the little guy is going on strong as ever..

Today he dwells in my sump and has a nice mound house made of a neon yellow sponge that has grown into front glass.. Which is good for me as it very well could have chosen a hundred other places I would have no sight into whatsoever.. But hey - here's the pictures:

44e5c8d8.jpg

c1910eaf.jpg

e9e0acbb.jpg

b52e27c9.jpg

that is awesome

also i really like your montis

that is awesome

also i really like your montis

Cheers mate. It's funny to hear him go "click click" in his little basement apartment at evenings..

As for montis I've got rid of all but encrusting montiporas now. Oh wait - there's still a small patch of green digi left.

Thank you Unhandleable! :)

I just finished cleaning up 2 used empty tanks I got from one local shop for next to nothing. They're 10ish and 37ish gallons (dimensions 50x25x30cm and 70x50x40cm). Plan is to use the smaller as 3x10l balling reservoir and the bigger will incorporate ATO reservoir and remote cryptic zone. It has 2x32mm holes already drilled in it so it's just perfect for my use.. I just need to silicone in some dividers and a new overflow box... Build stand... Figure out plumbing from my existing sump...

Loving every second of work I'm putting into this monstrosity! :lol:

Archived