ReefCleaners.org

ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Aquanist

You actually read through this all? Joking you must be, young padawan. :flower:

I've actually moved the blasto up front last week. It wasn't tucked away in the back before either as it was close to the right end just next to my sofa, where I daily sit.

I need to take some more pictures maybe, but my macro lens is loaned away for a while.

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

nice, what's padawan? lol sounds philipino, well yeah I did read all 13 pages and I did because I'm thinking about setting up a 60 gal reef tank in the future. Reading your forum gave me some ideas on that. :D

Thank you altolamprologus!

The fish continue to do fine- matted filefish even more so. Fortnight ago I noticed my zoas weren't opening up as perky as before and soon after my lobophyllia went all closed on me. I thought it was all just some chemical warfare going on and added more carbon, but turned out the filefish was playing merry hell with them and expanding it's died on zoas and LPS. So last sunday I put a trap in the tank trying to get it out. Even put my lobo and many zoas in there as bait, but no luck. Then this friday during feeding my tangs scared the filefish to seek refuge in the trap and luckily I saw it and closed the lid in a nick of time before it got back out. Filefish (El Bastardo) has been sentenced for life in hard labour in the sump. No appeals will be handled.

And my zoas are already opening up and recovering, even if many are missing their skirts.. But hey - same goes for skirts as for tops. -less is always recommended. ;)

1$R - Padawan. I know - how lame can you go. :lol:

Deleted User 4

lol I actually searched up that word on yahoo, the term padawan is from star wars.... really??? me as an apprentice? hahaha :D

Thanks guys! The tank is pretty much on autopilot now as summer is here and it's all sailing and summer cottage... This seems like a good thing too as now I'm not constantly there evaluating whatever. Tank is maturing and coming along nicely.. On a sadder note I lost the japonicus. ;( It had got ich and didn't pull it through. All other fish, coral and invertebrates are doing splendidly.

AM - Yes, wookiepedia is something I like to go to when I feel overly nerdy. Just so I get the feeling I actually have a very satisfying and full life compared to the authors of the site. I mean, really? :lol:

:lol: Nice to see a fellow person who knows about Wookiepedia.

AM - Yes, wookiepedia is something I like to go to when I feel overly nerdy. Just so I get the feeling I actually have a very satisfying and full life compared to the authors of the site. I mean, really? :lol:

:D :D

Too much fun in this thread!

• 4 weeks later...

Can of worms!

Just found, identified and banished a predatory Acanthozoon sp. flatworm from my tank. Not cool. It was a whole inch long!! :o

ebe19dc2.jpg

I was just moving one of my LPS and I always check the undersides when I can and there it was. It was a pretty quick bugger too!

1. Put the LPS in a vessel of some description.

2. Scrape the monster off of the coral.

3. Put the coral back.

4. Take pictures for proof.

5. Identify.

6. FLUSH!

Thanks guys!

Took some new pictures of my corals today..

Oh and all these pictures are straight from my camera. No tweaking whatsoever done! Well photobucket does resize them but you get the point.

9a72dcec.jpg

9c840c25.jpg

bed3a6d6.jpg

6c3aa069.jpg

faafe5f7.jpg

0bb00a2f.jpg

e256d989.jpg

a72641e6.jpg

WOW! I'd just like to tell you that you are currently in possession of my dream tank Lol. Congratz and Keep it up! :D

Cool Beans- Wizzy :happy:

cruzH20polo
Thanks guys!

Took some new pictures of my corals today..

Oh and all these pictures are straight from my camera. No tweaking whatsoever done! Well photobucket does resize them but you get the point.

6c3aa069.jpg

TOO. AWESOME.

Archived