ReefCleaners.org

ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Aquanist

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Build?

I haven't had anything done to it since I took the pictures.. No dividers to tanks, no plumbing, no finishing touches... But hey - it's ALWAYS better to take things slow with reef tanks. Right? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Such a beautiful tank!

Wohoo, more European reefers! :D I'm actually surprised to see so many European aquarists here on this board. It's great! :)

Such a beautiful tank!

Wohoo, more European reefers! :D I'm actually surprised to see so many European aquarists here on this board. It's great! :)

Thanks! There's some Euro-reefers around. And you're not the sole representative of Denmark either.

wow that tank is incredible... I am saving this thread for future "dream build" references. :lol: Amazing work.. and this thread has been on going forever. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Nice video! Are they a dirty brown-yellow polyp or a bright yellow?

Colour may vary in different lighting. In intense direct they were much brighter yellow, but so did they also spread much faster. They are currently shaded by a large acro colony, so the colours are subdued a little, but the mouth is still bright yellow. They are yellower IRL than in the video anyway. Video was uploaded directly from my phone.

Also, you may get more colourful specimens than I as one could imagine NY has slightly more to choose from than this little piece of arctic periphery. ;)

wow that tank is incredible... I am saving this thread for future "dream build" references. :lol: Amazing work.. and this thread has been on going forever. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Thank you mate! This tank has now been around for a little over a year, so not forever (yet). :lol: May many more years come with this as I currently really have no plans, need nor space to go any larger. :)

Wow this is such an incredible tank! Such vivid colors!! :wub: Just, so amazing!!
This tank is increadable! I hope my soon to be 120 is half as good as yours!

You're too kind! All of you! And way too kind. (Then again I might not want to read what witty and sarcastic i.e. Dnut would have to say. :lol:

SWC - With the tech list you already have piled up on your floor for the merriment of your better half I'd say you're already well past the half-as-good mark. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

There comes time when everything seems to be running on "autopilot" with the tank. This is the time. No plans to add any new livestock (sudden, unpredictable far-and-apart good deals do not count), so I decided to streamline the cabinet looks a bit. The Aqua Medic carbolitreactor used for carbon + GFO will be replaced soon as my new Phosban150 reactor arrives (next week). So there will be 2x 150s side by side. pellets with NPX screen and carbon/GFO with the normal dispersion plate. Powered with Eheim Universal as usual.

Autopilot is not well suited for my kind of people. :lol: I'm way too fidgety for this slow and steady growth. Maybe I just need to spend more time at work to fight the urge to get hands wet.

Eventually a tank gets full. At one point my 180 was full fish-wise. A stray voltage problem fixed that, and then moving cost me a few more, so now I get to stock it again. There's always room to cram another frag or something in, but at some point it's time to just watch what you have grow and fill in. Too often in this hobby, especially in nanos, people just cram a tank full of frags and then change tanks. Not many people ever give anything a real chance to grow and fluorish. It's the need for instant gratification in modern society. People say they like frags because they like to watch them grow, but I think people like frags because it means they get more than one coral for the price and cram more in their tank that what would be the price or space for a colony. Out of room for frags? Why wait for them to grow? Upgrade tanks and buy more frags!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys. :) And no need for jealousy. My camera and it's equipment are from the cheaper end of and the reason I like to shoot close-up macro shots is purely the lack of large enough colonies to look good in detailed area shots. :lol:

saltwatercoral
Thanks guys. :) And no need for jealousy. My camera and it's equipment are from the cheaper end of and the reason I like to shoot close-up macro shots is purely the lack of large enough colonies to look good in detailed area shots. :lol:

Everytime I look at your tank there is more awesomeness!

Archived