Pod Your Reef

ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Aquanist

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harder you say, my good sir? That's what they're always after! :lol:

Like life wouldn't be hard enough as is. And my coralline sticks to the glass harder than a coffin nail making it ridiculously hard to remove. Elevated Mg and Sr levels really do wonders on that pink stuff!

Righty ho skip - off to pick up some more fishies and critters.

One local(ish) reefer took his tank apart (FOWLR) and I picked some goodies from him on thursday:

- Synchiropus splendidus (female, so I now have a pair, and they're already hanging out together)

- Acreichthys tomentosus

- Paracanthurus hepatus (10cm).

- few turbos

- sand shifting star

- couple of totally feather duster and sponge covered rocks for my sump

- 25kg unopened bucket of TM Pro Reef salt

If I would have known my wife's reaction to having a "Dori" I would have gotten a hippo tang as one of the very first fishes ever. :D

:o Daaammnnn...thats it...time to scrap my lil crap. I used to dragrace motorcycles and the one thing you never did was ride a faster bike. The behemoth just did that to my tank. :D

Beautiful tank...one of the best I've ever seen. Great Job.

Thank you maxwell and tundrashaul!!

I shot a small video last night as lights were dimming in my tank. Only 2 foremost tubes (out of 8) were on. Quality is pure unedited iPhone 3GS non-HD. So nothing special..

Ciao!

Been to Italy for a while and my tank has been on 100% autorun. Everything turned out perfect! :happydance:

My only vacation preps were to fill up the ATO reservoir to the brim, clean up the skimmer cup and to rig a feeding automat (eheim dual-channel) to give fishes just a tiny daily amount of pellets and flakes (during different times of day aka. random mode). I didn't even bother to check out myself how much it were giving per serving.

So I pretty much arrived back to a perfect reef tank - all fishes active and healthy and awesome color in corals. I just needed to swipe the front panes with mag float and that's it.

And the holiday? Yup - fantastic!!

Here's a shot for you from Milan aquarium (Acquario Civico) - a small aquarium in central park with free admission. Picture parsed together from 7 pictures by using DoubleTake.

1c119a1e.jpg

wow what beauty!
Wow. That is a fantastic specimen! Tank looks great!

Thank you guys! Yellow and palette tangs are giving it some hard time as a newcomer but nothing too serious. He's holding his ground like a man he is! Just in case I'm currently supplementing all meals with vitamins and garlic. Better safe than sorry.

Here's my male anthias captured yesterday I was shooting the japonicus.

3e0e1d33.jpg

Todays FTS

7b064d63.jpg

2xblue + 2x fiji purple

6efa35ed.jpg

Same as above, but tweaked the white balance for more natural look (think I over-did it a bit).

Got a good deal off of a few weeks used 39W UV filter and thought, why not..

So I added one today - better safe than sorry I quess.

Crazy Finns!

Borderline sane that is!

Beautiful new fish...I love the anthias as well...will always be one of my favorite reef fish.

Yes he's a really fine specimen. Still small (4inch) but holds his own nicely in already established system. I love the anthias too - sure win over any chromis any day in my book.

Deleted User 4

Yooo, very nice reef tank setup. I subscribed to your thread months ago but never had the chance to read the entire thread, as I just did now.

:D

ps: you should put your blasto front not back of the tank

Archived