Aquanist

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fantastic
That is a beautiful tank.
Wow

I love this tank

Thank you guys! I too think this tank is really coming along nicely. Still a couple of patches to work on, but slowly we're getting there.

How is the cleaner wrasse doing?

He's doing just smashingly! Active as they come and a good eater. He came from a fellow reefers tank who was downsizin his 300 gallon(ish) tank so he's been well adjusted to tank life. He had the fish for about a year. This guy darts after all and any frozen foods I've given the fish, so I'm looking forward to having him for the long run.

I'm guessing most of those SPS colonies were purchased as pretty big colonies?

Not actually. There's a few that were bought as a colony, but most are grown from a 2" large frag/minicolony by yours truly. IMO any fool can go and buy their tank full of colours, but I just appreciate more those who grown their own gorals.. And I just don't have the money to go all out on a buying spree - not that local supply would be anything worth boasting about. Any real nice pieces I've asked my LFS to order from wholesaler for me specifically.

And there's a good deal of swapped/traded in corals here too.

I look at this tank two to three times a week.

Thank you man! That's pretty much the ultimate compliment! :happy:

Anyways - I got some work done today on my slow-marching-project...

f22a67b6.jpg

2089b704.jpg

27278930.jpg

6e528b1f.jpg

8ee77b51.jpg

42523341.jpg

...and I even had time to clean it all up before the wife got home. Not that this would be even close to complete yet. Tomorrow I need to go to my glassman with some measures, figure out the plumbing etc...

-The tank looks amazing as usual.

-I really enjoy your stairs.

-That little project there looks to be coming along nicely. I'll have to read back alittle to see what is actually happening there.

Nice work!

Thank you Unhandleable! :)

I just finished cleaning up 2 used empty tanks I got from one local shop for next to nothing. They're 10ish and 37ish gallons (dimensions 50x25x30cm and 70x50x40cm). Plan is to use the smaller as 3x10l balling reservoir and the bigger will incorporate ATO reservoir and remote cryptic zone. It has 2x32mm holes already drilled in it so it's just perfect for my use.. I just need to silicone in some dividers and a new overflow box... Build stand... Figure out plumbing from my existing sump...

Loving every second of work I'm putting into this monstrosity! :lol:

AWESOME

• 2 weeks later...
WOW what a tank. The 2 islands looks stunning. Give yourself a pat on the back you have skills son.

Back patted, thank you.

-The tank looks amazing as usual.

-I really enjoy your stairs.

Thanks on both! :D

The tank is looking fantastic!

Thanks.

That is a VERY nice tank. :)

See above. :lol:

The Behemoth has now officialli turned 1 year and 5 days of age (since 1st stone was cast into water). So here's to it! May there be many more to come!

a1ebdc92.jpg

... I so cant wait for my birthday... Gunna get a cake just like that! Could you imagine trying to explain to the Publix baker what a acro looks like lol.

"Its like a branchy tree with no leafs and a bunch of little hands that grab little things..."

WOW! Great looking tank and MC Escher staris

Thanks. And something about the stairs? MC Escher? Does not compute! :lol:

The cake picture I actually just googled up from the internets.. Not mine.

Yup. The rock came from Germany and I'm located in Finland (best in the world). :lol:

I'm curious, where in Germany did you order the dry rock from? I'm looking for a good place to order dry rock and your's look really nice.

Beautiful tank Aqua but why the shake-up?

Thanks. I wanted to have more open view from the right side as there's a sofa next to the aquarium. The separate island was nice, but blocked much of the view.

Also, my SPS needed more room (upwards) to grow so I decided to level down the structures a bit and to slope them gently towards the back for better 3D illusion. This was better to do sooner rather than when the SPS bushes would already be all tangled up.. Bought me at least one year more time before the inevitable rearrangement. :) And I also relocated my tunzes a bit for better flow --> 5min interval with 1s pulse 30-80%

I'm curious, where in Germany did you order the dry rock from? I'm looking for a good place to order dry rock and your's look really nice.

You're stated somewhere in Europe too? I got my rock from www.aquaristic.net for 4.20€/kg. They have 3 variates available: tableform, branched and basic reef rock. Mine is the basic. You can also specify in the order form what size rocks you would prefer. Hope this helps. :D

You're stated somewhere in Europe too? I got my rock from www.aquaristic.net for 4.20€/kg. They have 3 variates available: tableform, branched and basic reef rock. Mine is the basic. You can also specify in the order form what size rocks you would prefer. Hope this helps. :D

Yes I am. My LFS is somewhat limited in rock variety plus it's 8.50€ / kg. So I might as well order it and pay for the shipping.

Are you satisfied with the rock they sent you, based on what you ordered?

Nice Mandarins. They have awesome color. Do they eat prepared foods?

Thanks. I've never witnessed them eating anything I've introduced as food at least.. But the system has matured well and with total volume of about 175 gallons it can provide for the pair. The male I once thought was dead has actually lived 10 weeks in the overflow and was a fat pig when I "rescued" him back to the display side..

:o amazing fish!

Yes they are. The mandarin pair is my all-time favorite. And the female anthias I just happened to catch "on film" as they were dancing..

Yes I am. My LFS is somewhat limited in rock variety plus it's 8.50€ / kg. So I might as well order it and pay for the shipping.

Are you satisfied with the rock they sent you, based on what you ordered?

8,50€ for dry rock seems a bit steep to me. How much is live rock for you? My LFS sells LR for 24-28,50€/kg (bulk discounts apply).

I am very satisfied of the dry rock I used. Maybe most porous rock I've ever seen, and a few friends have used the same rock and are very satisfied as well. Just rinse the rock well before use as there's dust and small particles and dead sponges in the crevices. I used shower head in bathroom and that was well enough.

If my memory serves me right their shipping wasn't too outrageous either. 19€/<30kg to Finland. Where in Europe are you from btw, if you don't mind me asking? :)

16.80 € / kg for live rock. It's pretty good quality. If you ask the owner, he tells you when a new shipment is coming in and you can come in in the morning and pick the uncured rocks directly from the boxes they arrived in. Lot's of critters :)

Slovenia here :)

Archived