Innovative Marine Aquariums

Wiil's 5 gallon hex

Wiilio

Awww... that is far too long. I vote you don't sleep until it's done :P

I'll check out what the LFS has. I think I'm going to stay away from any more NPS :P The 2.5 gallon might become a tank just for the suns since it's so easy to feed them this way. If they start doing well, I'll get some regular suns to go with it.

I keep thinking about how freaking awesome this tank will be once it has the prolifera in it. Not as much for the aesthetics (although it should look pretty dang cool) as much for the nitrate reduction. The red grape algae has already shown signs of growth (tips have grown with lots o' bubbles and some of the bubbles that were lower on the stalk have slowly started coming back) and while it isn't necessarily wonderful to look at, I take comfort in the fact that it's growing and that it's taking nitrates out of the water.

I hope I don't give in to the urge to get a fish when I go this week (probably Tuesday). I really want that Talbot's damsel, but I'm afraid once I see a yellowtail I'll pounce on it XD

lol, well I have to wait on other people, like AM whose tanking some of my FW stuff or my buddy who's gonna help me drill the tank.

dendros aren't non-phyto btw.

I had yellow tails, they are little bastards imo. (all damsels are) But I say you wait to get the talbots, It'll look cool and different.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well then I vote that they not sleep either! AM can get back to his dreams of gobies some other time.

Well I just assumed they were since I had seen them compared to suns everywhere and nothing saying they weren't.

I remember that the LFS has some sort of orange smoke-stack-looking coral that's pretty neat. But I think I want a cooler-colored coral. Purple would be great.

Maybe by some stroke of luck the LFS will have a Talbot's in. Who knows :)

Well then I vote that they not sleep either! AM can get back to his dreams of gobies some other time.

Well I just assumed they were since I had seen them compared to suns everywhere and nothing saying they weren't.

I remember that the LFS has some sort of orange smoke-stack-looking coral that's pretty neat. But I think I want a cooler-colored coral. Purple would be great.

Maybe by some stroke of luck the LFS will have a Talbot's in. Who knows :)

thats probably a sun coral thats in bad shape. you could also look into Turbinaria sp. they get big tho.

Maybe so... I'll check it out.

Turbinaria sp. looks really cool... but yeah, way too big. That gets bigger than my whole tank XD

Which species of poison dart frog are you getting anyway?

Cold have sworn I've seen those Viv's on VivariumForum. Just like Demented's.

Really nice, I'm working on a terrarium, possible viv later on.

All those pics are from frogforum.net, they are all John Clare's

Lol I'm far from pro Wiil. I just have some experience, I haven't had reefs for long, little more than a year now. I'm not pro, yet.

Ahh, must have seen them there then. Strange, I don't think I've been there before.

I think I've seen them a few other place I think. I've seen so many tanks that they are all starting to meld together in my mind lol. what kind of tank are you thinking about kazooie?

lol

15 gallon, has a small pond for that one water plant that floats on the top. Like really small lilypads, make's a carpet. Not overly complicated. :lol:

lol

15 gallon, has a small pond for that one water plant that floats on the top. Like really small lilypads, make's a carpet. Not overly complicated. :lol:

nice, nice. Duckweed I believe its called. I used to have some in my FW. It took over the top! great nitrate removal. I'm sort of thinking of starting lotus and lilly plants in the viv. It seems like a good place. Any frogs?

Ahh, never good at name's of plants.

Yep, my lfs has the whole top of a 150 covered with it. Almost no light get's through!

Sounds like a good idea, but don't full-sized lily's get 6 inches across?

Not yet, still building the tank.

Ahh, never good at name's of plants.

Yep, my lfs has the whole top of a 150 covered with it. Almost no light get's through!

Sounds like a good idea, but don't full-sized lily's get 6 inches across?

Not yet, still building the tank.

Well I'd just start them and move em out because they get big! Man a whole 150!!! that is crazy! I had it over my 10 and I'd clean off the top instead of WCs. It died off once and I was pissed. I think I'll get some for the viv too. do you have any plans for frogs? right now the tank I want to use for frogs is still a reef. :rolleyes:

Hmmm, possible a bumblebee dart. Or a fire belly toad.

Had a 46 bow that I was growing some local tadpoles in, had to sell it for a choir trip though.

Hmmm, possible a bumblebee dart. Or a fire belly toad.

Had a 46 bow that I was growing some local tadpoles in, had to sell it for a choir trip though.

Bumblebee darts are really cool! the toads are cool too but bigger.

Yeah I have great expectations for that bow. we'll see. gotta drill :scarry:

How much are they in alaska? on the other hand if you get a pair, they breed like guppies it seems.

yeah I haven't too, I'm getting my buddy to help / do it for me :haha:

Archived