Pod Your Reef

R.I.P. Swayd's 20L!

swayd

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I got some new stuffs....

I picked up 2 rics(a green one and a blue and orange one)

a frag of pink zoas

a green slimer

and a superman monti(my favorite)

I also threw in a little rio 400 pump for some extra flow in my display and made myself a nice little frag rack that I will put in tonight!

pics coming soon!

Nice, what colors?

I got that awesome superman and the slimer last night too, but the slimer isnt doing very good so I might have to go get another one haha!

Dang $30 is too much IMO!

I like the orange/blue ones they are nice haha

So I can get a Flame Angel for like $10 and have always wanted one, BUT I am scared it will eat my corals!

If I opt not to get the flame angel what other fish can I get that is nice and colorful and is out as often as the flame angel. I want a bigger fish, at least 2" and active. Im tired of having to settle for these small fish that never swim around!

How's the tank doing with the new coral additions?

Did you decide on a fish?

Everything is doing pretty good, nice growth and polyp extension. I am surprised though as my salinity was at 1.031 and I lowered it down to 1.028 within this last week. Apparently the hydrometer I was using was a piece of $#!*.....

Either way my corals are actually growing nicely especially the birdsnest and zoas. The slimer is coloring up nicely and the my acan is making babies haha

As for the fish situation, I am still debating if I should get a flame angel or a bicolor blenny...

I do know that I want to try a sixline again and maybe a cardinal (the one with all the spots)lol

Ok, so I took the pikchers and I couldnt get the slimer to come out nicely as it is in the back of my tank on a frag rack for now, but I got most of everything else.

Once again please excuse the fuzzy pics as I dont have the greatest camera.

The upload to photobucket is almost done and I will be posting them in a couple of minutes :P

rics

newpics006.jpg

newpics007.jpg

newpics008.jpg

this might be a "Who dropped the paint" favia

newpics005.jpg

Acans

newpics002.jpg

you see the baby

newpics070.jpg

Zoas and Palys

newpics068.jpg

newpics060.jpg

newpics057.jpg

newpics056.jpg

newpics051.jpg

newpics050.jpg

newpics042.jpg

newpics038.jpg

newpics025.jpg

FTS

newpics066.jpg

newpics065.jpg

newpics064.jpg

newpics063.jpg

Slimer

newpics053.jpg

newpics054.jpg

Yuma

newpics044.jpg

newpics043.jpg

my Favia is turning pink

newpics034.jpg

Pink Birdsnest

newpics033.jpg

newpics017.jpg

Candy cane

newpics032.jpg

newpics031.jpg

Superman Monti

newpics028.jpg

Rhodactis

newpics022.jpg

newpics021.jpg

Hammer

newpics020.jpg

Critters

newpics012.jpg

newpics013.jpg

So, I didnt go to Green Marine like I said I would, so I went and got myself some nice acans....

The dude I got them from said they are flame red acans but I dont think so.. They are orange, red, he said they have green mouths but I saw pink and they have that white colored rim...

There are 5 heads and 1 baby, I am acclimating right now so pics will come later if it puffs up, if not then I will post them tomorrow!

I finally got my SG down to 1.026 so everything should start to grow nicer now fingerscrossed

Thank you!

Yeah I finally figured out that tap water is demonic lol. Ever since the first use of RO water Everything has been flourishing...

Hows are your system(s) doing?

Hate to say I told you so, but I did lol

They are doing well, LED over the pico now :D having some pest related issues, but other than that everything seems to be thriving. Thinking about starting a 1-1.5gallon mushroom only tank, just a throw them in and let them take over type thing, just have to find the perfect jar.

Good to hear that your tank is doing good...

I was thinking of a rimless 5.5 but I need to save up for the light...

I am going to change the aquascape next week after a nice chunk of LR gets done cycling in a bucket lol..

I was thinking of two major islands with a bridge connecting it and the back wall all built up with LR and coral...

I cant wait lol

I love acans.... Just saying.

I like your tank, is that a mag float frag rack? :D

BTW upgrading to the new 24" odyssea 250W light. Wanted to be able to change the t5s to better bulbs as well as built in moonlights. The 250 thing was just a perk XD

Archived