Innovative Marine Aquariums

R.I.P. Swayd's 20L!

swayd

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, I love it.

It looks kinda big in the pic but its only 2.5" tall and I got it for super cheap at $10

I just wanted to be nice and gave it to the dude who gave me my VHO set-up for free lol

I think I am going to upgrade to an aquatraders 150 watt MH by christmas, what do you think?

Oh, my zoas are turning purple. My eagle eyes went from green to purple and some other zoas I had went from brown to purple and look like mini purple hornets lol

OMG the dude I got my Birdsnest from had over 150 purple hornets and 150+ red hornets and he said I could have like a 15 polyp frag for $10 of each but I didnt have anymore monies left and I would rather have the birdsnest lol. He said he was trying to get rid of them cuz they looked "ugly" hahahaha

Thank you, I love it.

It looks kinda big in the pic but its only 2.5" tall and I got it for super cheap at $10

I just wanted to be nice and gave it to the dude who gave me my VHO set-up for free lol

I think I am going to upgrade to an aquatraders 150 watt MH by christmas, what do you think?

Oh, my zoas are turning purple. My eagle eyes went from green to purple and some other zoas I had went from brown to purple and look like mini purple hornets lol

OMG the dude I got my Birdsnest from had over 150 purple hornets and 150+ red hornets and he said I could have like a 15 polyp frag for $10 of each but I didnt have anymore monies left and I would rather have the birdsnest lol. He said he was trying to get rid of them cuz they looked "ugly" hahahaha

Wow! That's cheap!

Lol sure, but only if you give the VHO to me :P

Really? That's kinda cool, if you like purple!

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

UGLY?! I would have ditched the birdsnest for some of those purple hornets anyday!!

Haha yeah this fixture is brand new, the dude had 6 on his 280G shark tank for only 2weeks...

I wont mind lol

It is cool but its weird I dont know whether to be worried pr happy?

Yeah I was like WTF, but I wanted the Birdsnest more, cuz I have never had SPS before!

Maybe next week I will drop by and get a couple of frags and dish them out to some local people (YOU) ;):P :P if he still has any!

Haha yeah this fixture is brand new, the dude had 6 on his 280G shark tank for only 2weeks...

I wont mind lol

It is cool but its weird I dont know whether to be worried pr happy?

Yeah I was like WTF, but I wanted the Birdsnest more, cuz I have never had SPS before!

Maybe next week I will drop by and get a couple of frags and dish them out to some local people (YOU) ;):P :P if he still has any!

Lol 6 of those fixtures?

:ninja: if you notice that fixture goes missing one night...I didn't do it

WHY purple hornets are awesome :)

That would be awesome, but I don't think I'm actually that close to you, you're in Livermore right, so it would take you like 40min to drive here :(

haha yeah he had a bunch of other stuff too, this guy was loaded!

Haha you would have to unscrew it from my ceiling first lol

They are OK not the greatest IMO!

It would only take me like 20 min if I take HW84 lol

plus 40 min is pretty close lol... I commute 150 miles a day!

haha yeah he had a bunch of other stuff too, this guy was loaded!

Haha you would have to unscrew it from my ceiling first lol

They are OK not the greatest IMO!

It would only take me like 20 min if I take HW84 lol

plus 40 min is pretty close lol... I commute 150 miles a day!

Hmmm than might notice your ladder could be moved...

Maybe it's just cause I like purple zoas/palys :P

Really? Lol google maps lied to me

:o omgsh, that's just insane!

Your no match for me (SUPERMAN) lol...

I like them too...

Yes they lie a lot, because they follow the speed limit lol

Not really lol I wish I didnt have to commute that much though

So today I bought a koralia evolution 1 from some dude on CL and it works just great, it is supposed to be new out the box. I also did a water change on both tanks. My clowns do not like the new K1 lol.

I am thinking of donating my 9Gal to a friend and getting a 3 or 5 gallon for a small sump maybe next week I just dont fully understand how I am supposed to get the water from my main tank to the sump and back into the tank?

So today I bought a koralia evolution 1 from some dude on CL and it works just great, it is supposed to be new out the box. I also did a water change on both tanks. My clowns do not like the new K1 lol.

I am thinking of donating my 9Gal to a friend and getting a 3 or 5 gallon for a small sump maybe next week I just dont fully understand how I am supposed to get the water from my main tank to the sump and back into the tank?

Lol the clowns will figure out how to avoid the strongest flow areas soon :P

Ok, usually an overflow is used, there are 3 types, one is for a tank that isn't drilled, which you will be using unless you want to drill your tank(drilling=better!)

You can either make your own pvc overflow, but I think in a shallow tank like yours, it will stand out too much and become an eyesore. so, you could buy something like these

http://www.cprusa.com/products/overflows.html

Other brands have the "u tube" siphon, which IMO I think is better

So once it drains down into the sump, it's just pumped up back to the tank with a pump of course :P (flow rates are important here, the pump's GPH flow rate should be less than the overflow)

I'm not very good at explaining.. so read this

http://www.melevsreef.com/allmysumps.html

Ok so I want to get a chalice, but I was reading up and I got mixed info.

Some articles said that low lighting and med flow was best and some said that high light and high flow for greater color and growth?!?!?!?

I think that 190watt VHO might register as high light and a koralia 1 flow and a AC70 flow might register as med flow.

What would you guys recommend as for lighting and flow for a chalice?

Ok good I just raised my light fixture about 5" because I think I was getting too much light. My flow is still pretty weak, even with that K1 in the tank I think I am going to get a 425 to put n the other side or just sell this one and get two Koralia nanos?

some of my palys died but everything is looking nice, I just really want something I can see growth on like a monti cap or chalice.

Hows your tank doing!

Nah, the nanos are too small for a long/shallow tank

(montis are awesome :P )

Lol tanks All are pretty good, my pico's nitrates were a bit high and my acan is having some issues, but I'm fixing it :)

Lol I just put one in my 10gal, it's a monster xD

Just some bits and pieces, I think it's cause I skipped a water change and I haven't seen my limpet or stomella snail in a while..

So I added an orange Monti cap and a Yellow Watchman Goby...

My clowns started to pick on the YWG so I had to take them out and they went right back into the 9 gal for the mean time.

I called my LFS and they told me that they would exchange the 2 clowns for 2 smaller ones or store credit! So I am kind of leaning towards getting the smaller ones or maybe even just one clown?

What do you guys think I should do?

Ok so I need some help here :tears:

My YWG has only come out of his den/hole thingy once in the last 2-3 days and he was only out for about 5 minutes.

I am worried about him not eating and dying. What can I do to make him a little more active or even come out of his cave to eat? Should I rearrange my aquascape? I already took out the clowns because they started to pick on him so he is the only fish in the tank so he has nothing to worry about. All water conditions are fine(nitrite=0, nitrate=0, ammonia=0, salinity=1.026 and temp=76-78). I dont know what to do with him now I am getting kinda worried? please help, Thank you!!!!!

He's probably just being shy, if he was healthy when you bought him, he's not gonna die just because he went a few days without food. My fish have gone for a week without food because of a vacation or something, I've heard they can go longer, but I didn't want to push it.

Anyways, he'll probably come out soon when he realized they're no other fish to bother him

Archived