Cultivated Reef

R.I.P. Swayd's 20L!

swayd

Me love acans too, maybe when I can and learn how to frag I will send some out to you.

Thank you, yes that is a mag float frag rack that I made, it works really nicely..

No way, and this is going over the 29?

I saw some of those when I was in the store one time and they look pretty solid! I think you will like it.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup going over the 29, as soon as I get back from my month in New Orleans. I am hoping I have everything in place to avoid a tank crash. Prob wont switch to the 24" light until I return. I won't have enough time to monitor the results.

I have some pretty sweet acans myself. Among other crap. We could swap some of our frags over time haha. That'd be sweet. Maybe when I frag this lobo :D

Oh nice dude. 1 month is a long time to be away from your tank!

Nice I am just getting up on my acan game. I want to go to neptune aquatics and get some there as they have some of the best I have ever seen...

Yeah Im down to do a swap, as soon as everything grows out to appropriate size I will start to learn how to frag!

it is.... they told me i wasnt going then suddenly I am again :/ fortunately I have a roomy of sorts to feed el fishos and a reefing friend thats gonna do a wc for me about 2 weeks after I leave and

I have a few #s for emergencies.

I got my new light earlier today..... I wasn't able to open it until I got back from my parents house. Just to let you know the 24" 250W puts the 17" pendant to shame! My eyes are killing me right now.

I'll post pictures in my thread of the light in a bit. I am going to wait until tomorrow to actually install it.

you could mount it high as hell and not have to worry about the light being in your way while messing with your tank :D

I am seriously doubting my 150W is providing anywhere near that amount.

I will check it out as soon as you post it!

Im sure that thing is pretty powerful but over a 20L It might be too much...

Make sure you change the bulbs asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe even before you install it!

So my GF got me my flame angel that I have been wanting forever. it is fully acclimated and swimming everywhere lol....

It is so beautiful and has a lot of blue :D I cant wait to get home to see it haha

No I got it at my LSF. The picture doesnt do it any justice, its actually a very nice purple, silver and some gold!

Its actually very moody and only comes out when he feels like it, but he has attached himself to my back wall lol

Ive seen it done before. I am not too sure about it!

I read that as long as you keep them well fed and with few tank mates they should be just fine.

I am def considering an upgrade though haha,

after looking at all these bigger tanks I want a 40 now lol the only thing is that I would have to build a new sump/fuge and buy another light!

So I completely re-scaped my tank!!!

:unsure:

I am worried as I did stir up a big mess in there!!!

But the future of the tank is now pretty clear I will post a pic of what it looks like and a pic of where everything will go in the future!

So I was cleaning my sump and I saw like a bajillion pods everywhere. On the glass, in the chaeto, on the LR, in the sand, and on the sock...

But I also noticed that I also now have like 10+ baby turbo snails all over the place... They started off in the main display tank and there was only about 3-5 babies and now I noticed about 5 in the sump. Should I take them out or just let them grow?

I know if there isnt enough food for them they will die off, but wont that release a lot of nitrates, nitrites and ammonia into the tank?

One of the babies is almost an inch long already, they are growing fast!

New pics people...

I just got me a nightmare paly and a christmas favia!

newscapeandcoral001.jpg

newscapeandcoral008.jpg

newscapeandcoral009.jpg

newscapeandcoral002.jpg

newscapeandcoral003.jpg

newscapeandcoral014.jpg

newscapeandcoral015.jpg

newscapeandcoral016.jpg

these are the new acans I got the other day!

newscapeandcoral004.jpg

newscapeandcoral005.jpg

newscapeandcoral006.jpg

FTS

newscapeandcoral010.jpg

newscapeandcoral011.jpg

newscapeandcoral012.jpg

newscapeandcoral013.jpg

Archived