Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

R.I.P. Swayd's 20L!

swayd

Yayyy I finally fixed my computer, wooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

So, I re-scaped the entire tank and everything looks good. I have yet to take some pictures and show the world what I have created.

With the new scape, everything flows better, overall flow is more efficient and there are a lot more places to place coral with wayyy more appropriate placement for sps, lps and softies!

I am pretty excited, having a skimmer, new rocks/scape, and I am potentially thinking of getting a Bicolor blenny.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on fixing your comp!

Can't wait to see the new scape.

And blennies are AWESOME! I love my tailspot and from what my buddy tells me about his midas they all seem to have similar personalities.

Am glad to hear you fixed your computer.

+1 on not being able to wait to see the pix of your new scape.

Blennies have sooo much personality I am sure you will enjoy it in your tank.

Backwerds Man
Thanks swayed

heres the one i was talking about

IMAG0674-1.jpg

That's funny. I have a lord that looks similar. I bought it at the end of December with 3 heads. It now has 9! Basically looks just like yours, buds poppin up all around the frag.

So I did end up picking up a Bi-color tonight and he is awesome. He looks to have taken well to the rock work, so I couldn't get a good shot.

This is what I have for now! Sorry for low quality pics!

03-09-201120L015.jpg

03-09-201120L014.jpg

03-09-201120L008.jpg

03-09-201120L006.jpg

03-09-201120L004.jpg

03-09-201120L001.jpg

03-09-201120L027.jpg

03-09-201120L022.jpg

03-09-201120L016.jpg

Yeah I need about 5 more acan frags, 5 z/p frags, about 3 chalices, 3 rics and 3-5 more acro frags to have my tank at what I want it to be...

;):D

1 more sps and I might have to start dosing 2-part haha

BTW I picked up a purple monti cap for freeeee yay. I hope its an Idaho grape!!!!!

Yayyy, new stuffff! :happydance:

I went local and found a cool guy who has like a bajillion acros. He was super cool and had some crazy lookin stuff. So I ended up buying a couple of frags from him,

One is a really cool acro that is super fuzzy, its purple and green and has multiple branches. While gluing it down I broke like a .5" tip off so I made a small frag of it. :ninja::D

The other one was a 1" frag of rainbow monti, It is super nice :wub: and he had this stuff growing like weeds on his LR.

Other than that everything is the same, just finally got around to gluing down my super green acro, birdsnest, purple monti cap and green slimer to my LR. I just hope everything takes off pretty soon fingerscrossed !

Wow, so the acro turned out super cool. Some polyps are green and some are a red/orange color, and the base is purplish/blue. Polyp extension is awesome.

Now hopefully I can get the rainbow monti to grow as I havent had any luck with montis, especially my superman monti that died out on me! :(

He is theeee biggest bully EVER!

He is super mean to any snails or hermits that get near him, he attacks them until they are a good distance away. Also, he chases around my YWG. Poor YWG seems pretty scared now. And lastly, He tries to chase around my Flame angel, but the angel doesnt take his crap lol.

!! ive always wanted one :( never forked up the cash for it tho =/

Looks nice!

will you get any others?

Thank you, I actually got it for dirt cheap, maybe even cheaper than dirt ;)

I will keep an eye or for another one though!

So at this point, I am debating taking down the tank, selling all of the livestock and just putting the tank in storage or just keeping my flame angel with some Liverock :tears: . I might have to sell the coral and stuff to pay these dang bills I have, but I would also like to start over. I was thinking of maybe juist getting a regular 20 gallon tank, shallow tank(kinda like a frag tank display), or even just like a 10g. I hate to do this but I just might have to, But if I dont end up "breaking down" I have been seeing some growth in my SPS ever since I started dosing two part B):lol:

I dont know what to do at the moment, even if I break down and sell all livestock I wont have nearly enough cash to pay bills. Sooooooo, I have decided for the moment to just let the tank run on autopilot.

That plate I got is coloring up crazy like, the colors went from just green to bright purple and green and ive only had it for about 4-5 days. And boy those SPS are growing out nicely, with tha skimmer and dosing. I finally feel good about my tank lol.

The last project for the moment is going to be the ATO, but I cant start that until I get the water level sensor in the mail between march 29-April 13 :angry: . Im probably just going to be using the air pump method as "it causes less stress" on the switch and is more of a reliable ATO than using a small powerhead?

Once that is all done I should just be cruising along for the next few months :ninja::happydance:

Great tank so far. Sad to hear that you might have to break it down. Are you going to do waterchanges while the tank is in autopilot?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived