ReefCleaners.org

R.I.P. Swayd's 20L!

swayd

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No good....

He has finrot as of right now and It sux!!!

I dont know what to do to cure it and I also do not have a QT.

Other than that he has been a good lil fishy, no nipping on anything haaa

Your tank is looking awesome!

Thank you!!!

Thanks, Yeah it looks huge in the video I posted haha...

I hope so too, I will probably be doing a 10 gallon water change tomorrow and see if that helps!

But from all of my readings nitrites and ammonia are all ZERO and nitrate is at 5PPM.

I dont know what else could cause finrot?

That sux...

Though the LFS my GF got it from does have a rep for killing all saltwater creatures lol

The fish from there are always sick or dead and the coral are never tended to. This place is one of those wannabe Petco stores.

I dont know why she got it from there but oh well what can I say, when I got home on christmas day the fish was already in my tank lol

I just hope for the best!

Hmmmm... I don't know what happened but I thought I posted my thoughts here.

Anyhow what I said was that I think angels require more space than a 20l can offer, thus stressing the fish lowering it's immune system. Perhaps your tank is just a bit too small for the fella? I am not trying to be mean or anything as I don't know for certain but I know stress can cause fish a bunch of issues. Sad because I think they are such an awesome fish!

Aw I hope your flame angel heals up. They're so pretty. I always think they look like little plastic toys, haha.

Those little acans look awesome. Nice colors.

And you're sure you can't put up a quick quarantine tank? Throw in a few ugly rocks from your display

Hmmmm... I don't know what happened but I thought I posted my thoughts here.

Anyhow what I said was that I think angels require more space than a 20l can offer, thus stressing the fish lowering it's immune system. Perhaps your tank is just a bit too small for the fella? I am not trying to be mean or anything as I don't know for certain but I know stress can cause fish a bunch of issues. Sad because I think they are such an awesome fish!

I beleive that the 20L might be ok but pushing it for a FL.

Yes I am sure I cannot set-up a QT cuz the only other tank I have is my old 9G which would probably just end up killing the poor thing!

Aw I hope your flame angel heals up. They're so pretty. I always think they look like little plastic toys, haha.

Those little acans look awesome. Nice colors.

Haha when I was little I had a small plastic flame angel I used to think was the best toy EVER lol...

Thank you!

Ok so sorry about the pictures but now I am worried!!!!!!!!

What would isopods looks like? Are they soft to touch? would they try to escape if Itried to pick one up?

Yesterday after feeding brine shrimp I noticed a bunch of white things in my sump(on my chaeto), and they kind of reminded me of isopods. I plucked one out and felt it but it was very soft, did not move even when it was in the tank and on the chaeto, and did not have the black little eyes I have seen on the pictures posted on here.

Could it be isopods or maybe the frozen brine shrimp I fed my fish, somehow got through the filter sock and into my sump?

They looked like this but without the black eyes.

I got these pictures from the ultimate ID thread, hope no one minds!

post-50898-1295966337_thumb.jpg

post-50898-1295966344.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I figured out that those things I was worried about are only sponges...lol

Other than that everything is going great (no more finrot), I am starting to actually see growth and have also added a couple of new things.

My most recent addition was my Harlequin shrimp, which by the way is freakin awesome.

Next on my list of equipment is probably going to be an mp10, reactor or an LED lighting fixture(all of which I will eventually get)! I have convinced myself to stop buying coral and focus on saving money and doing water changes lol. And I dont have a computer anymore so I have to wait for my Gf to come over to use her computer to post any pics :(

That sucks about not having a computer! Have you thought about picking up a netbook? Maybe check CL for a used one since they can already be <$300 to start with.

Harlequins look awesome I just don't think I could handle feeding them.

Yeah no comp and no monayyy sux hahaha...

yeah I thought I would be all freaked out but its actually not that bad lol...

I fed the harley the other day and he ate the entire leg and is now MIA. He has only been with me for a week and is now missing, but I did find his shell so Im guessing he molted and is hiding!

I might be making some hallelujah mountain frags in a month or two if you wanna trade!

I also got an awesome Tenuis on friday!

damn dude... Definitely interested in some trades. I'll have to sort out the whole fragging thing as I haven't really done it before. There are a few things I have I think I'll be able to frag in about a months time. Mainly some sps and a few zoas.

Dude the Hallelujah mountain zoas werent even for sale but I knew the guy so he cut the eggcrate in the middle of a frag tank to get them for me lol.

I have never seen these zoas before, except for zoaid.com lol

That green SPS is dope.

Thanks, as soon as I seen it I knew I had to have it but I still cant figure out what it is!

It is EXTREMELY sensitive to touch, light and flow.

I don't have anything too special, jsut some nuclear greens, and some pretty kickass purple people eaters. I am just starting to dabble in the really rare palys.

Archived