inTank Media Baskets

Yoshii's 3 Gallon Pico Reef

yoshii

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Yoshii, long time no see!

Tank looks great. I love the new additions.

llj

I know! I need to go get caught up on your thread! :)

starting to like that new scape more :)

:) I think it makes it look like there's a ton of space/sand in the front when there's not lol

coralline still bugs me

nice though :)

you can come here and scrape it off yourself if you really bugs you :lol::P

looking great Christina! :happy:

Thanks! :)

holy birds nest batman that things awesome!!

IKR! I really like it, and best of all, it was only $10!! omgomgomg

The water is so much clearer today, so I'll probably take a better FTS, I really like the look of the tank after I scrubbed off that brown algae :)

You should set up a big tank, Yosh... Oh wait, you "have" a 55 gallon. :rolleyes:

I do, it's just not set up right now

The clown and butterfly in my sig are from my 55 :)

Be patient, you'll see a new thread soon for a big tank (not my 55) :P

altolamprologus
Be patient, you'll see a new thread soon for a big tank (not my 55) :P

I'm pretty sure I know what tank you're talking about.

I'm pretty sure I know what tank you're talking about.

Yep ;) I keep forgetting to talk to you about making a thread about it on here! You want to?

altolamprologus
Yep ;) I keep forgetting to talk to you about making a thread about it on here! You want to?

Yeah that would be awesome. We could both post updates, and of course have awesome pictures of the soon-to-be most awesome tank ever.

I think i say "awesome" too much

Looked at new FTS. Definitely looking better. Take a day to work on getting the coralline off and the tank will look AMAZING. :o

Yeah that would be awesome. We could both post updates, and of course have awesome pictures of the soon-to-be most awesome tank ever.

I think i say "awesome" too much

YES! And Joleen can update us during the week :D Did she tell you she's thinking about using the skimmer that's for the fish? LOL that thing is huge, I doubt it could fit in the stand, let alone the sump!

Btw I need to tell you my 3 fish requirements :P

We both say awesome way too much, but that's ok :P

Looked at new FTS. Definitely looking better. Take a day to work on getting the coralline off and the tank will look AMAZING. :o

Thanks :) Before I started I didn't think it would make much of a difference, but it looks alot better :)

Gaah but the coralline blocks the view of my crazy cords next to the tank :lol:

altolamprologus
YES! And Joleen can update us during the week :D Did she tell you she's thinking about using the skimmer that's for the fish? LOL that thing is huge, I doubt it could fit in the stand, let alone the sump!

Btw I need to tell you my 3 fish requirements :P

We both say awesome way too much, but that's ok :P

Omg that skimmer meant for several hundred gallons and its like 2.5 feet tall. At least the water would be super clean!

My guess at your 3 fish requirements:

1. can't be a wrasse

2. can't be a skunk, clarkii, or any other type of clownfish besides percula or occelaris

3. must be crazy cute

Who has a big tank? :ninja:

Shhh no one said anything about a big tank

Who has a big tank? :ninja:

What kind of butterfly is that? :)

no one

Schooling Bannerfish (Heniochus diphreutes)

Omg that skimmer meant for several hundred gallons and its like 2.5 feet tall. At least the water would be super clean!

My guess at your 3 fish requirements:

1. can't be a wrasse

2. can't be a skunk, clarkii, or any other type of clownfish besides percula or occelaris

3. must be crazy cute

Shhh no one said anything about a big tank

Lol yeah xD

Oh lol actually I meant the 3 fish I NEED to have

1. Lyretail Anthias

2. Schooling Bannerfish

3. that Achilles Tang, and I want to name him something like Chocolate or Choco :lol:

We can PM talk about it since this is my 3g thread

altolamprologus
We can PM talk about it since this is my 3g thread

Oh yeah I wouldn't want to spam up your thread and have you yell at me for it :P

Oh yeah I wouldn't want to spam up your thread and have you yell at me for it :P

I just don't want people to get confused lol They'll be like "WTF Lyretail Anthias in a 3g? And a tang?"

altolamprologus
I just don't want people to get confused lol They'll be like "WTF Lyretail Anthias in a 3g? And a tang?"

Then they'll call the tang police

yoshi keep being patient with me lol I can never remember how often you are doing water changes on this tank. its very important to be able to correlate water change regimens with the primary producer/algae loading in tanks that have verifiable age, this size tank is certainly the most popular gallonage in pico reefing now and learning the tune of a 3 gallon puts one in good cahoots with the vast majority of pico reefers.

were you doing weekly work and what percentage...prolly won't have to ask again until page 590 when some other post about a year old 3 gallon will make me wonder again and Ill check for an update

A freakishly tiny goby

My goby is cute :3

Kazooie, you can see a list of livestock in the first post

yoshi keep being patient with me lol I can never remember how often you are doing water changes on this tank. its very important to be able to correlate water change regimens with the primary producer/algae loading in tanks that have verifiable age, this size tank is certainly the most popular gallonage in pico reefing now and learning the tune of a 3 gallon puts one in good cahoots with the vast majority of pico reefers.

were you doing weekly work and what percentage...prolly won't have to ask again until page 590 when some other post about a year old 3 gallon will make me wonder again and Ill check for an update

that's ok :)

The thing is my water changes are kinda random, but it probably averages out to be about 2 gallons a week? Before I got my LED light and more sensitive corals I usually just changed 2g every few weeks

It's kinda funny how back then I did few water changes and had no algae problems but now I'm doing more water changes and I get algae :lol:

Archived