Pod Your Reef

got2envy's 20H Contest Rimless Reef Wonderland

got2envy

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Doc!

The monti is on a frag mag that I can move, but there is only a flower nem and a gorg that will be moved if it does start to shade stuff out :)

I do love monti caps, but this is the dilemma when added to a nano....something to think about before permanently adding one in.

is the hob filter with the surface skimmer pretty quiet? is it loud?

super quiet! quiet enough that I can sleep with no problems :P

I have these HOB's on all 3 of my small tanks.

Thanks! yep that is a rusty gorg that I got from yardboy :) I had a purple frilly gorg in here but the MP10 was to much flow even at 40% and it kept getting knocked over :(

Thanks Kim! I do love flower nems! still looking for a purple and green tho :)

Thanks am! I just got em' yesterday...I feed the clowns Prime Reef flake and cyclopeeze, but there are pods galore in this tank...they are always all over the font glass!

really nice. how is your evaporation with that metal halide? im thinking of going that route with the fishneedit pendant but I'm nervous since i've only used par38s. your colors look so good.

thanks!

I use glass tops and the evap is very low...1/4 g a day at most. I also small have a fan pointing at the pendant.

The colors are really great since adding the MH with the 14k Phoenix bulb...I am really happy with the outcome...it was a hard decision to switch since the T5's looked great as well.

HTH ;)

I :wub: your tank! Mostly because I have the same one, but you knew that. I hope you don't mind. I am going to blatantly copy your rock mag idea. If my tank ever looks half as good as this one does I'll have done something right. Keep it up!

I think it is a great compliment that you would want to use the rock mag idea :)

they really are awesome and a room saving alternative to a small tank ;)

can't wait to see yours!

Thanks again for following along :flower:

she been representin hard on the UWS holla!

Shhhhhhhhh.

I would say where I've been, but Militant Jurist said I had to sign a nondisclosure agreement. :P

Trying to get back in the swing of things, and slowly resurrect my currently UGLY tank. It's quite the study of death, algae, and destruction.

she been representin hard on the UWS holla!

:lol: what's da UWS :huh:

Shhhhhhhhh.

I would say where I've been, but Militant Jurist said I had to sign a nondisclosure agreement. :P

Trying to get back in the swing of things, and slowly resurrect my currently UGLY tank. It's quite the study of death, algae, and destruction.

aww that sux :(

what is going on with your tank? mebbeh I can help :unsure:

ninja-disappearing-smiley.gif

:lol: don't be skurred

Did I mention that your Setosa is making me leave a drool puddle on my desk at work... :wub:

I do love my setosa and def by far my favorite SPS...I got it from a member here and it really was a good deal! It has grown quite a bit as well. :happy:

:lol: what's da UWS :huh:

what is going on with your tank? mebbeh I can help :unsure:

UWS = Upper West Side of Manhattan. :P

My tank crashed. :( Neighbors got bedbugs, so my apartment had to be treated too. I guess whatever they treated with didn't mix with reef life, despite my covering the tank. This all started a downward spiral in the tank, and unfortunately other life stuff had to take precedence. Timing being everything, my skimmer broke in the midst of all this. :angry:

New skimmer should be here by Thursday, and I've been doing massive water changes. The death and destruction phase seems to have stopped, params are finally stable, so now it's all about rebuilding. On the bright side, there's a local frag swap this coming weekend, and I *might* be able to attend, so I'm hoping even my emaciated wallet will be able to cover a couple of new frags. B)

And I agree, that setosa is prettiful! :D

~Anne

tank is looking amazing M!

And I agree, that setosa is prettiful! :D

ha. i told him it was prettiful!

ahem, sorry 'bout that...bit of a carryover from a [friendly..]debate at lunch yesterday ;):P

thanks!

I use glass tops and the evap is very low...1/4 g a day at most. I also small have a fan pointing at the pendant.

thanks, and heat was the other question i had but forgot to ask. would you not be able to keep the heat down if you didn't have a fan blowing on it? i know that the clamp thing it comes with doesn't let you keep it too high above the water surface (and i don't want to hang it). thanks again!

Anne you will "make" it to the swap I have faith :0)

Maria tank stunning as usual :0)

nothing like a few new frags to lift the spirits :)

tank is looking amazing M!

ha. i told him it was prettiful!

ahem, sorry 'bout that...bit of a carryover from a [friendly..]debate at lunch yesterday ;):P

Thanks ! prettiful...hmmm :lol:

thanks, and heat was the other question i had but forgot to ask. would you not be able to keep the heat down if you didn't have a fan blowing on it? i know that the clamp thing it comes with doesn't let you keep it too high above the water surface (and i don't want to hang it). thanks again

I use the fan because the pendant itself seemed to get hot! I bought one of those little fans from wal mart ...works great!

Thanks gals and guy!! :happy:

Archived