inTank Media Baskets

Mr.corals coral.

coolwaters

So Organism you are saying this is not a customer that just got 16 corals from me? I just want to be clear on this. Who are you to say people don't order 16 corals. I find it funny how you jump on the negative comments and when someone is postive you make up stories.

No, I said that "about 16" is not a number. I "jump on negative comments" somehow, point out holes in one guy's story and now I'm "making stuff up", quit grasping at straws. You need to get your head on straight, you've got serious issues to address, but instead you're making snide comments while ignoring everything that's going on in this thread. You can't put your head in the sand and lie about 99% success rates to make it go away. When you run a business you need to be an adult about it and deal with things head on.

However, I think these organisms deserve more respect than that - they deserve our best. I think beyond the money lost and frustration, there are living organisms perishing here due to a lack of care. That sucks.

Well said, that's exactly what's crappy here.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This one. You know, the part where you told everyone that hadn't had a direct experience or called him to stfu and berated them. Of course, you were also the one berating us on qt before you'd even had a direct experience with him.

In all honesty I don't trust anything you've got to say about his shop or your order. I've never seen an uninterested party be such a huge supporter of someone from whom they've just gotten corals, and no one gets "about 16" corals. Every reviewer on here knew exactly how many corals they got, but not you. Before you'd even gotten them you were already his biggest fan on this thread. It reminds me of the "pick a card" scam on the street where there's always the one "bystander" that goes up and happens to win so that people think it's legit.

I'm sure you're going to go off again, but I don't think I'm the only one that sees you're lighting up red flags like it's going out of style.

I didn't berate them. I said that's what bothered me about this thread. I'd like to hear feedback from people that have direct experiences. The people that are talking the most and being the most harsh don't have any direct experience with him. I wasn't dogging someone to death and making them look like a co,plete fool because they overfeed their tank and caused an ammonia spike. This is the kind of stuff I was referring to. I don't read reviews online written by people that have no experience with what I'm considering purchasing. And no, I wasn't berating about a QT before having experience with him. I already mentioned that I ordered with him before and everything was fine. This is why I felt the need to share my experience. I posted one thing about Mr. Coral before having experience with him. That was at my local reef club's forum asking if anyone had ordered with him before. Here's what I ordered from him in the latest order:

Two Faced Chalice

Tropical Delight

Mrcoral Jokers Wild Favia

Mrcoral Nuclear Rainbow Meltdown 2 Eyes

Who Dropped The Paint Bucket

Acanthastrea Rotundaflora w- Green Rim

MrCoral Watermelon Chalice

Pink Eye Chalice

MrCoral Two Face Chalice

Glow Worm Chalice

MrCoral™ Cats Eyes Chalice

Maverick's Chalice

MrCoral™ Limited Edition Orange Eye Leptastrea 3/4 inch Frag

Aussie Mint Chocolate Favia

Sonny's Watermelon

Aussie Moonwalker Favia

My previous order (again):

bleeding apple scoly

two chalices

dendro

duncan

I'll post pictures of all of them if you want. I just got the latest order into my QT/frag tank this morning.

I guess not jumping on the hate wagon makes me a liar.

I didn't berate them. I said that's what bothered me about this thread.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on your definition of what berating is when it applies to others and what you feel it means when it applies to you. You're very vocal about your quarantine tank opinions and what is whose fault, out of curiosity, and I don't mean this in a bad way I'm just trying to get some background, how long have you had a reef tank and how many do you or have you had?

mrcoral.com

Gabe, yes!! That is why you need to email me or call me. I don't really follow these post unless someone tell me to take a look.

So Organism you are saying this is not a customer that just got 16 corals from me? I just want to be clear on this. Who are you to say people don't order 16 corals. I find it funny how you jump on the negative comments and when someone is postive you make up stories.

I asked some rather direct questions that I would like answered. I never see you address issues head on in your replies. Please address my questions.

Also, since you mentioned being willing to hold coral for someone, could you address the problem lilnacho had? She clearly feels that you did not hold the corals, you just filled her order with new cuts at a later time.

Your failure to answer directly asked questions does not help your credibility in my eyes. About two weeks ago I was going to order the lucky 21 pack from you. This is one of the primary reasons I didn't.

Here is the link to my questions:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=2932580

We'll just have to agree to disagree on your definition of what berating is when it applies to others and what you feel it means when it applies to you. You're very vocal about your quarantine tank opinions and what is whose fault, out of curiosity, and I don't mean this in a bad way I'm just trying to get some background, how long have you had a reef tank and how many do you or have you had?

I guess, I get told I'm very vocal in my professional life all the time. Sorry if I came off that way. I think we do have different definitions. I'm only vocal about a QT because of all the problems I've already had by not using one.

I've had a 12g NC for about 6 months and have since acquired a 175g bowfront (was already an established tank) and 29g BC (mantis tank). I'm in the process of sitting up a 40b frag tank. Yeah, I'm addicted. Why does this matter though?

mrcoral.com
No, I said that "about 16" is not a number. I "jump on negative comments" somehow, point out holes in one guy's story and now I'm "making stuff up", quit grasping at straws. You need to get your head on straight, you've got serious issues to address, but instead you're making snide comments while ignoring everything that's going on in this thread. You can't put your head in the sand and lie about 99% success rates to make it go away. When you run a business you need to be an adult about it and deal with things head on.

Well said, that's exactly what's crappy here.

Don't forget Ramsey to send him a photo ID so he can be sure you are a real person. Who give you to the right to assume things like that.

I don't really follow these post unless someone tell me to take a look.

:lol: yet you seem to pop up every time something nice is said about you.

FWIW I was going to order a couple packs from you, but your behavior in this thread killed that sale. If you would have even answered a few of these concerns I would have bought from you. if you would have even said "sorry, that's just our policy and I'm not going to change" I would have known that you're at least being out in the open with the honest truth and I'd know what to expect. but there's no was in hell that I'd give my money to someone who's being so shady.

Don't forget Ramsey to send him a photo ID so he can be sure you are a real person. Who give you to the right to assume things like that.

Mr Coral, can you focus on facts and answer my questions please? I'd really like to know the answers. I'll PM you so you don't miss my post.

Reefmonster
I didn't berate them. I said that's what bothered me about this thread. I'd like to hear feedback from people that have direct experiences. The people that are talking the most and being the most harsh don't have any direct experience with him. I wasn't dogging someone to death and making them look like a co,plete fool because they overfeed their tank and caused an ammonia spike. This is the kind of stuff I was referring to. I don't read reviews online written by people that have no experience with what I'm considering purchasing. And no, I wasn't berating about a QT before having experience with him. I already mentioned that I ordered with him before and everything was fine. This is why I felt the need to share my experience. I posted one thing about Mr. Coral before having experience with him. That was at my local reef club's forum asking if anyone had ordered with him before. Here's what I ordered from him in the latest order:

Two Faced Chalice

Tropical Delight

Mrcoral Jokers Wild Favia

Mrcoral Nuclear Rainbow Meltdown 2 Eyes

Who Dropped The Paint Bucket

Acanthastrea Rotundaflora w- Green Rim

MrCoral Watermelon Chalice

Pink Eye Chalice

MrCoral Two Face Chalice

Glow Worm Chalice

MrCoral™ Cats Eyes Chalice

Maverick's Chalice

MrCoral™ Limited Edition Orange Eye Leptastrea 3/4 inch Frag

Aussie Mint Chocolate Favia

Sonny's Watermelon

Aussie Moonwalker Favia

My previous order (again):

bleeding apple scoly

two chalices

dendro

duncan

I'll post pictures of all of them if you want. I just got the latest order into my QT/frag tank this morning.

I guess not jumping on the hate wagon makes me a liar.

I would be very interested to see what you got. I got a few frags from him and they were nice...My fault that I didn't dip and I caught a spider eating some of them, but like I said that was my fault. Mine weren't exactly as pictured (which is a bummer), but still pretty nice. No camera now since my 3-YO decided it looked better in the pool... :angry: and I ain't got enogh to buy another.

What I ordered;

Nuclear greens 7-8 heads,

Mr. Corals Tubbs Blues, 7-8 heads

Pink Eyes, 7-8 heads

Fruit loops, 7-8 heads

What I got;

The stripped version of the Nuclears...Radioactives? Still Nice and HUGE, 3/4" disks! 4-heads

Blue Zoas with yellow frills (still nice, but not what I ordered) 11 heads

Starry-nights with pink centers. these GLOW under the RB's! 18 heads

Fake Fruit Loops...These are my fave tho...They have Yellow Mouths and a bright green ring...nice IMO. 12 heads

Shipping was $29, and he only charged me $3 extra for a cold pack. I got it next day and the box was packed really well. These were the WYSIWYG, not the chop shop stuff, so maybe I lucked out more. No idea, so I can't comment on quality, but these were definately NOT what I ordered. Would I order again? Perhaps, but probably only the WYSIWYG section, not the chopped section. The zoas are great look-alikes except for the Starry Night ones...(but those are exceptional, and may have been a substitution.)

Just my $.02. FWIW, your mileage may vary.

LOL. I'm not jumping on the hate wagon so I must be Mr. Coral! That's funny considering he's in MD and I'm in TX.

It has nothing to do with that. It's just that time and again NR has seen vendors fighting for thier reputation and all of a sudden from out of nowhere someone with a great positive experience pops up and starts fighting for the vendors reputation harder than the actual vendor.

And just so you know, it never works, so you can quit trying. You're only digging the hole deeper. And every time you bump this thread someone else who would have ordered from Mr. Coral is pretty much guaranteed to change thier minds. Not because of what people have said about him. But because of WHAT HE HAS SAID.

I would be very interested to see what you got. I got a few frags from him and they were nice...My fault that I didn't dip and I caught a spider eating some of them, but like I said that was my fault. Mine weren't exactly as pictured (which is a bummer), but still pretty nice. No camera now since my 3-YO decided it looked better in the pool... :angry: and I ain't got enogh to buy another.

What I ordered;

Pink Eyes, 7-8 heads

Fruit loops, 7-8 heads

What I got;

The stripped version of the Nuclears...Radioactives? Still Nice and HUGE, 3/4" disks! 4-heads

Fake Fruit Loops...These are my fave tho...They have Yellow Mouths and a bright green ring...nice IMO. 12 heads

Shipping was $29, and he only charged me $3 extra for a cold pack. I got it next day and the box was packed really well. These were the WYSIWYG, not the chop shop stuff, so maybe I lucked out more. No idea, so I can't comment on quality, but these were definately NOT what I ordered. Would I order again? Perhaps, but probably only the WYSIWYG section, not the chopped section. The zoas are great look-alikes except for the Starry Night ones...(but those are exceptional, and may have been a substitution.)

So even in WYSIWYG, it wasn't?

I guess, I get told I'm very vocal in my professional life all the time. Sorry if I came off that way. I think we do have different definitions. I'm only vocal about a QT because of all the problems I've already had by not using one.

No worries at all and I come off that way too. I just wanted some background on your tanks, I respect your qt opinion, but personally don't feel that pests should be in prop tanks.

Wow, you quoted my post and that was your reply? You are painfully out of touch with all of the concerns that have come up in this thread, not to mention what you're doing to a bunch of living things for a quick buck. Thanks for making it crystal clear what your goals are regarding your business, best of luck to you.

littlelacho
I can hold any coral for months for any customer. That is up to the customer. We do not ship any corals unless they have been sitting for 2 weeks at least and happy.

And this is where I have to jump in again. I placed my order in early May and you "held" it for almost a full month until I was on vacation the first week of June. The frags came on brand spanking new, bright white frag plugs and the glue was bright white. My frags were not held...they were newly fragged sometime shortly before shipping. I do agree that when I sent you the pics, you were very quick to respond and said that you would take care of me the next order. I then told you that I could not place another order for a year when I have my next vaca (I work a full time, day job and any time I do get off is spent at doc. appts. and hospital) so even if I could be refunded for three of the 4 I lost ($30), I would be happy. You said to send you a paypal money request. I was pleasantly surprised and I did...and never got a response nor a refund. I was very dissaponted with my order but totally gave you the benefit of the doubt because you seemed so very customer service oriented and the heat was ridiculous in our area...then I never received any resolution.

I am not a hater in the least. I think your prices are fantastic..it is perfect for someone like me who has to go so slowly in the hobby and buy less expensive corals and frags due to my status and medical circumstances and I am sure buying in your store is probably a better experience. $30 is not going to kill me so you live and learn. It is the fact that I didn't get what was advertised (I lost 50% of my order) and one of the zoanthids was not even one listed in the pack and I received no resolution to my issues.

mrcoral.com

What I ordered;

Pink Eyes, 7-8 heads

Fruit loops, 7-8 heads

What I got;

Are you sure you got the right person? 1st we charge $34.95 for shipping if it is not over $125 also we do not charge for coolers, ice packs or heat packs. Never in the last 5 years.

It has nothing to do with that. It's just that time and again NR has seen vendors fighting for thier reputation and all of a sudden from out of nowhere someone with a great positive experience pops up and starts fighting for the vendors reputation harder than the actual vendor.

And just so you know, it never works, so you can quit trying. You're only digging the hole deeper. And every time you bump this thread someone else who would have ordered from Mr. Coral is pretty much guaranteed to change thier minds. Not because of what people have said about him. But because of WHAT HE HAS SAID.

I've already said that I would post how my latest order goes. Everything looks good so far but it's only been a day. I can assure you, if in a few weeks things have died, I will let you all know. I only felt the need to post because I was very happy with my first order. I got a great deal and everything did great.

Just so I'm clear on this, jump on the hate bandwagons, but don't post positive experiences if someones posting negative stuff on a vendor. k, got it.

all i have to say is i should've stuck to my own morals on this one...you get what you pay for. I didn't even bother inquiring with him after i only had like 5 survive out of 20 now.

No worries at all and I come off that way too. I just wanted some background on your tanks, I respect your qt opinion, but personally don't feel that pests should be in prop tanks.

After my problems, I trust nothing. :P I ordered a few things from Pacific East Aquaculture and paid a pretty penny. One of my zoa frags had aiptasia on it. lol

mrcoral.com

Did you send that request? I never saw a request. Did you try calling and saying I sent you a request can you take care of it? Trust me we are here to help. Resend that request or call me if you can Wed at the store.

littlelacho
I told you I would refund you if you sent me a request. Did you send that request? I never saw a request. Did you try calling and saying I sent you a request can you take of it? Trust me we are here to help. Resend that request or call me if you can Wed at the store.

Yes, I sent the request and then sent you an email and a PM about a week or so after stating that I sent it but had no response. I do appreciate the effort though and will resend.

I have ordered 3 packs from him plus some individual coral frags. I lost 50% of all the corals safe to say, especially since I ordered zoas/palys. However, I never contacted him since I gave him the benefit of the doubt that it was my tank or losses due to shipping. It's my own fault to keep trying the third time to make up for the losses. Again, I'm one of those folks who avoid confrontation if it's unproductive (which this thread is becoming) and unnecessary. I think this thread has helped raised awareness, especially to warn those who will be his for first time buyers.

My suggestion to everyone who's upset/unhappy is to shop elsewhere. There are plenty of sponsors out there--and fellow hobbyists--who have great prices. This hobby is full of hit and misses--how much equipment have you broken/sunken money into? If the vendor decides to be bad (like ask for more money to make it up to you), move on. You got no one else to blame if you decide to keep shopping there.

Iron. Peace out.

Archived